My New Z26

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
dhpanic

My New Z26

Post by dhpanic »

So, in about 10-15 minutes I'll be off to check out my potential new Z26. I'm dead set on getting it, but my father, with his "infinite wisdom" of cars, wants to make sure everything checks out on it. According to the owners craigslist add, it needs a battery, fuel line, and oil change (I'll probably do the sea foam cleaning before I change it), but for $500 this car is definitely a steal as long as its not rusted through on the frame. He also said that it recently had all the brakes done, new tires, and has new speakers and a head unit, so that's around $500 alone. I'll take some photos of it when I get there and put them up so everyone can see it. This car is going to be my baby, and my main project this summer. I'm hoping to do a 3400 5-speed swap in it, and possibly forced induction in the future, but havent decided on supercharged or turbo, but I still haven't gotten to read up on what would be better, and any opinions from you guys is more than welcome. :D

dhpanic

Re: My New Z26

Post by dhpanic »

Bought it, definitely worth the 500. Has a baseball size hole in the passenger floor pan, another small hole in one of the rockers, and the leaking fuel line is around the gas tank, so that should be fun to replace. Got some pictures of it too.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Not bad for 500 bucks. What is up with the upper mount? Missing something?
By the way I have dash envy. Check the fuel door hinge mount. Could be rusted out.
Not bad is an understatement.

keep'em flying!
dhpanic

Post by dhpanic »

i noticed that too, but my other retta didnt even have the dogbone so im taking this as a win, and the hinge is rusting out, but thats a common problem, itll be fixed since im gonna have some time before i get it on the road. as for the $500, my other one cost me the same, and this one is in better shape than that. and i saw the dash and was like, well im sold right there, my other one had a giant hole in it. the red paint is a nice touch too, and the girl who owned it took it to a mechanic for EVERYTHING that was wrong, so no half assed work here.

Money pit Beretta

Sounds like you found a great car. Yeah that engine looked clean. How the hell do you drive around with out a dogbone? Man some people just don't care. Well that one found a good home and this new one is once again lucky.

keep'em flying!
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Whoa, I wonder if that's Jorfee's old car by any random chance...

Though it's not impossible another person in NY had a red Z and decided to paint the interior. haha ;)

Nothing looks to be missing on the upper mount to me. Car is a 94, right?

93 GTs
olovi

Post by olovi »

I want those wheels! lol

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
dhpanic

Post by dhpanic »

The car's actually a Mass car, it's still out there, I gotta find a way to tow it home, none of my friends are willing to let me borrow a truck, so it looks like I'll be renting a dolly and truck to bring her home. Not a big fan of the z26 rims, probably going to search a jy for some gtz rims. My list of mods is increasing by the day and I'll have to make a list of things so I dont forget what I want to do. First things are to get the fuel line replaced, get some drilled/slotted rotors for the front, and the shocks look like theyre getting ready to go, so new struts and lowering springs. It's going to be a fun summer with this one.

Money pit Beretta

Keep updating. Hell I like the Z wheels. Just picked up a not so good set that I can keep on the car in the snow.

keep'em flying!
dhpanic

Post by dhpanic »

So far my parts list is small, but it keeps getting more expensive by the day.
Updated some prices with what I could find

Beretta parts list:
Replacement fuel line - $25
Rear window louver - $200
Gtz rims - $200
Euro heads and tails - $400
Mach 1 front lip - $150
New struts and lowering springs - $500
Hood vents -$30
3400 swap - $500-$600
Custom made intake - $200
Custom built exhaust - $250
Stage 1 3400 kit - $1999
and last and most important, my chevy banner and beretta.net stickers.

Seems like it's going to be a long and expensive summer, but I just got a job paying $14+ an hour, and have no other major expenses, so all my money will be going into the Z26.