Potential calendar pic submissions. Help me choose!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
SuzukiGhostRider

Potential calendar pic submissions. Help me choose!

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I washed, claybar'd, waxed and detailed the interior on the Quasar today. I then went with my camera and trusty microfiber cloth (for wiping down any dust I encountered en route, had to use it once) and took roughly a dozen shots up and down Lobo Canyon Rd and a few in town at Sanchez Street Wear (owner is a friend and agreed to allow it). I found a really cool abandoned ranch with old weathered buildings but couldn't figure out how to get down to it, or I'd have some really badass pics with it. Oh well...

Anyway, let me know which you prefer, and PLEASE, quote the pic you like and let me know why. I'm open to ideas for different backgrounds. I shot my girl from her "good sides" as I still need to do the front passenger corner work. Got my estimate yesterday for a complete paint job. $2200 and the Medium Quasar Blue paint is well over $500 of that cost.

Anyhow, yack it up and let me know what's up. I'd really like to get into the calendar this year! :D

Mike

Last edited by SuzukiGhostRider on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuzukiGhostRider

Re: Potential calendar pic submissions. Help me choose!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Those 3 that hide the wheels, throw those out. :D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

SuzukiGhostRider

Did you see any potential candidates for calendar submission in your opinion though Ace? I value your input especially on this (I value everyone's opinion, but a bit more so for our "Photographer level" guys) since I've seen your handiwork with a camera! :D

Btw, I used the "flower" button on all these this time! :P I'm learning! :D

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:

The win is high with these two. :good:

It's a great representation of your area and no shadows are too dark meaning you can see all of your car. I like the how you placed the car in the frame. Good job. I'm glad you're submitting this year. :beer:

I'm gonna try to see if I can do it this year. maybe. meh.
Last edited by Wanako on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Going to be a week probably before I can get mine submitted. Maybe this weekend, if the weather holds. Next couple days don't look good though.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

keiffith

Post by keiffith »

More pics from a higher and lower angle would have been better. None realy cought my eye as interesting and you have no good pics from a good front angle. Not trying to be a dick just think it would improve the images.

92 3.1 manual base 190k Daily
93 3.1 auto base 275k RIP 'Joan'
73 Yamaha RD250 moth balled

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111
SuzukiGhostRider

Wanako, the two you picked out, just happen honestly , to be my two favorite shots aside from one of the shots outside Sanchez's place.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Image
This shot would be great if you got it from the front and the car was in the middle of the lane. (I do understand the hassle of getting shots parked in the road though.) The shot would be fine from the other direction too if you don't want to show the front end, but the heavy shadows rule most of these shots. Shooting later in the day you'll get less harsh shadowing, and it might be really cool to see a sunset in the background.

This is just nit-picking though, because you asked for advice. The image quality, etc all look good.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

woody90gtz wrote: This shot would be great if you got it from the front and the car was in the middle of the lane. (I do understand the hassle of getting shots parked in the road though.) The shot would be fine from the other direction too if you don't want to show the front end, but the heavy shadows rule most of these shots. Shooting later in the day you'll get less harsh shadowing, and it might be really cool to see a sunset in the background.

This is just nit-picking though, because you asked for advice. The image quality, etc all look good.
this.

if you do go for it, do it within the last hour of sunlight in the day.
especially with your paint color, and your desert surroundings, late late will look fantastic!!

SuzukiGhostRider

woody90gtz wrote:
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Image
This shot would be great if you got it from the front and the car was in the middle of the lane. (I do understand the hassle of getting shots parked in the road though.) The shot would be fine from the other direction too if you don't want to show the front end, but the heavy shadows rule most of these shots. Shooting later in the day you'll get less harsh shadowing, and it might be really cool to see a sunset in the background.

Nope. Don't mind constructive criticism at all. :D

The reason I didn't take that particular shot in the middle of the road like the others, is if you notice the yellow and black sharp turn arrow sign, it was JUST before a particularly dangerous curve on that road where the speed limit is 55mph, but the curve is rated at 35mph and taken by most at 50mph. It's a completely blind curve. Virtually no shoulder on the road at that point either, so even though it was straightaway behind the car, I was taking a risk parking there. I agree the shadows were getting the better of me in some shots. I shot these at about 4 pm that day. A sunset could be bad ass in the right background. We get some spectacular ones here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:
Nope. Don't mind constructive criticism at all. :D

The reason I didn't take that particular shot in the middle of the road like the others, is if you notice the yellow and black sharp turn arrow sign, it was JUST before a particularly dangerous curve on that road where the speed limit is 55mph, but the curve is rated at 35mph and taken by most at 50mph. It's a completely blind curve. Virtually no shoulder on the road at that point either, so even though it was straightaway behind the car, I was taking a risk parking there. I agree the shadows were getting the better of me in some shots. I shot these at about 4 pm that day. A sunset could be bad ass in the right background. We get some spectacular ones here.

Thanks for the feedback.
I would suggest not having the actual sun in the shot during the sunset. Since you probably can't adjust your shutter speed and aperture on your camera, it will most likely try to properly expose the sun which will make your car look super dark.

I made a quick-tip pic thingie for you.

a) a general rule of thumb in photography is to never have the sun in your frame (unless you're taking pictures of sunsets). The brightest object in your frame will be the one getting the attention first detracting from the attention your actual subject gets. In this case, your car.

b) try to not have the sun DIRECTLY behind you as this will cast shadows into your shot, and at sunset time, they will be LONG shadows. be at a bit of an angle.

c) take a tripod. if you don't have one, take a box or something sturdy to place your camera on. Once you see your pictures getting blurry by holding it in your hands it's time to use some kind of surface. Here you can put your camera to a "timer mode" or something and let it take the picture. That way the exposure (brightness) comes out good and they're not blurry.

Personally my favorite time is about 30-10 minutes before the sun goes down, but anytime within that final hour will be spectacular.

Hope this helps. ;)

:beer:

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Sunset is great for shooting cars. It can even make a crap paint job like this look good:

Anyone who has seen that car in person can vouch for the (poor) quality of the paint.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
SuzukiGhostRider

Ok, so, this is where I'm at. I plan to try and get out there for some more pics if possible. In case I don't , however, I've narrowed it down to these three pics. I'm going to post a poll in a new thread.

NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088