DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base FKA The Black Beauty - So it begi

Post by DTMAce »

No worries man!

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

95+ was unique Rear spring and rear shock only though... it's 94 and older that is all the same.

And yes thats the same setup that pretty much most run on these cars. It's what I currently have on the pink car as well. And on my old red car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yup, Jon is right. Since the "base" kit is for a 95-96, it won't fit your 94 Z26. Brandon was correct in that sense. I forgot about the year difference between your two cars.

I'm running the same on my car. I believe I read the 88-94 Eibach springs are discontinued though.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well then that clears that up. lol

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Actually was emptying out the extra stuff from the car today, found an air compressor. Gee, wonder if Brandon wants it back??? LOL

Going to have to redo the speaker setup you had there dude. I moved the speaker box around and something quit working. Whoops. ;)

I think I will be shelving the springs and shocks/struts to use when I finally do my 96 conversion project. I don't really want to lower the base, and I can't use them on the 94, so may as well keep them for the later project! I will be replacing the deck-lid though. I have a nice red one sitting in the backyard that someone didn't pay for, so may as well use it. Has less rust, just need to paint it black.

As for the strut tower brace, may put that on the Z later. Haven't decided yet. Then I need to pick up a replacement hood in lower MI that I found, so the hood looks nice again. Then attack the headlights! LOL

Today I also loaded the van onto our flat trailer so we can tie it down and pull the front corner out. Hope to have that van assembled and painted by next weekend!

So the work continues...

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

Dumb double posts!
Last edited by 95BerettaBase on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-1995 Chevy Beretta Base *SOLD*
-1998 Chevy Silverado 4x4
-2016 Chevy Silverado Z71
-2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1995 Chevy Beretta Base - 3100 V6 w/ 284,000 and still kickin'.
95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

Lol you can keep the compressor Chris. My dad gave it to me when I first got the car. I have no use for it anymore. Consider it a gift lol.

The speaker setup needs to be rewired anyway, one of my buddys installed it and claimed to know what he was doing. I've been looking around the garage for any other parts I may have forgot to give ya. Hey if you could somehow send me the registration plate back I'd appreciate it :)I I needed that for the Impala lol.

You know, I think this is the most time I've been on the site in years!!!
Last edited by 95BerettaBase on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I have already dewired the amp, and pulled the sub out of the trunk at the moment. Damn that box is heavy. In the middle of figuring out how I want to go back. May build a custom box, to gain more trunk space or something.. Who knows. Got to get an extension and a soldering iron out there, so I can correctly fix a few things. Even the speakers are not soldered to the back terminals on the inside of the box!

BTW. You had 2 amps in there, a yellow one, and the pioneer. The yellow one wasn't even hooked up.... lol And yeah, the wiring was a bit scary, I had hoped you didn't do it. He never even bolted down the fuse block, it was just floating up by the battery. Fixed that already. BTW, you know what the little red wire with the loop crimp that was connected to nothing went to? It is right near where the amp wire came up near the battery.. I will get a pic if you need a reminder.

But yeah, I have been working on prepping it for use. So far so good man. Next I need to top off the coolant, OH. I need someone to find me a bleeder for a 3100 series engine. This one is broken. I think there is air in the system, but I can't bleed it.

Well, back to it!

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

Yea the Lightning Audio amp has been back there since I've owned the car. I can't remember if it works or not. As for the red wire......it could be from the set of fog lights that used to be on the car, I couldn't tell you 100%.

In my younger days I may have just cut the wires since I wasn't the smartest.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

No problem, the yellow amp was just sort of attached to the top of the speaker cabinet but not hooked to anything. I removed it.

Finished redoing all the speaker connections. Soldered and heat shrinked the rear deck 6x9 wiring. Soldered all the internal sub wiring, both at the speakers and the terminals. Now I need to pull a diagram/manual for the Pioneer amp, see what way I want to run the feeds for the speakers, then put all that back together. Turned the sub around, and faced it forward for now. Probably will build a smaller box similar to my other setup, so I can gain some trunk space.. Will see.

Besides, this is always the fun part. Trying to figure out what the previous people did. BTW, did this stereo installer genius that helped you also install the head unit? I haven't yet pulled that, kinda afraid to... LOL I hope they used adapters, and didn't cut the OEM wiring.... Oh well, I will get it figured out either way. :D

And keep in mind bud, not complaining here. Its fun to do this stuff. Just a bit of work, no biggie. Will get some pics when stuff gets finished on different fronts.

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

I hate to say it, but that genius did install the headunit. I don't believe he cut the wiring harness though. I think you've done more with this car in less than a week than I have in 3 years lol.

I'm glad to see its getting done right! That's why I wanted you to buy it lol.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ah ok. Just wondered. I noticed earlier that the head unit's lights blink really bad with the audio when bass hits at higher levels. Just figure I will pull it out, have a look, see if something is goofy there. Normally the radio lights shouldn't blink that much when you turn it up. Though it may be better once I finish the sub re-wiring tomorrow. Box is back in the trunk, I found a PDF of the amp manual online, so have figured out how it should be wired up, and will set that back up tomorrow. For the time being it will do.

Friday I go up and get the title delt with. Yay! lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Update:

Worked on the stereo harness today for the head unit. Brandon, find your friend and slap the crap out of him. LOL

Thought I would show how it should be done. Yeah, I moved the HU around and the front speakers would quit working. However I still have no sub yet. Have to check a few more things, either the patch cable is bad, or I have something wrong at the sub. It has power, and for a short bit I had some thumps, but it didn't last very long. So that tells me its a loose wire maybe. I will figure it out though. I still have to tie up the sub wiring and I didn't have a before shot... So meh...

Now to get some other work done! :D

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

I'm sure you know this already, but there is a buttom on the lower right corner of the headunit that allows you to turn the subs on and off. Just wanted to make sure you knew about it so that wasn't the reason the subs wouldn't work.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah you are right, I had found that already. No change in it though.

Ah well.

Tonight the van pissed me off. I think the 8 year old stock chrysler battery finally died. I think. At least I hope it did.