DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
berettaboi

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base FKA The Black Beauty - So it begi

Post by berettaboi »

looks cool, cant wait to check it out lit up

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, its done and mounted. Works fine. Pics later this evening once its dark enough. The tint actually dims it a bit more than I thought it would. But it looks good.

Also installed LED lighting into the trunk. That works, just need to tidy the connection a bit more. But at least I can see in there now when its dark out.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Pics!

And the trunk lighting! Just got back from being out at full night, and wow this really lights up the trunk great! But these pics are from earlier this evening.

Finally, I am after an upper filler. I found a decent set of clear fillers ON a car that is being driven now, but offered to replace both them and the tail lights with 94+ model, mostly to fix his broken tail light, and so I could save/restore the fillers! :D But I need an upper to do it, so if anyone has one, thats in fair to decent shape, let me know.

And now for the kicker.

I talked with the adjuster for the deer hit.

Nearly 1200 for repairs..... :D

Now to find me a hood. Once I have the check, going to pay a few people for some parts and stuff I have on hold. (ron)

Then buy some paint, have dad shoot the hood and the decklid and buying him some fenders for his S10 project, plus a few other things.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

that light is pretty bright! like just perfect in respect to the tails. you also replaced the trunk light with a strip did ya? i'm not fond of yellow light, but cool!

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Honestly it only looks yellow in those pics. It is natural white, not yellow or blue. There was no light to replace, it was missing, so I just connected an LED strip I had laying here. Works for me.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, I have 2 leads for hoods, one in Grand Rapids and one some place in Ohio. Obviously going to check the nearer of the two out first.
88 year headlights coming from Ron. Going to clean those up and slap them in till I can find me a set of Euro's maybe.
Have a decklid already here, but have a lead on another that might be in better shape, once I hear back on that.

Next question. Did the red interior parts of the earlier years (91-92) for the seats match in color and style as the later years (95 to be specific). I would like to know, I found a set of seats on CL that a guy has that appear to be in decent shape, but don't really want to buy the whole set, and especially don't want them if they are a different pattern/cloth/color.

Let me know!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ok, the first lead for a hood has fallen through. Bad rust around the latch mounting.

So, onto the next lead. I have two from Ohio! LOL I may just go down and visit granny and my bro when I go to Ohio.

Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

I can look around local yards for a hood for you

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Alpinestar10 wrote:I can look around local yards for a hood for you
Yes, but where are you located?

Anyways, today was getting things lined up. Going to be swapping the lights and filler from the old red base for the clear fillers on a 93 base later this week. I still need to find an upper filler for a 94+!! Anyone?

Swapping tires on this car tomorrow or Thursday...

Waiting for head lights to appear. Still have to pick up a hood.

Then mods can begin. LOL

Updated list:

Replace hood and decklid/repaint both.
Install new headlight support panel.
Install new Radiator and bleeder, new coolant.
Install used headlights from Ron.
Swap wheels to the steelies.
Swap CAI to WAI.
Fix EGR valve problem.
Fix Cruise.
Fix Bright switch.
Swap antenna and send the shorty to Ron.

Eventually list:
Convert the markers to LED.
Convert the front lamps to LED. (inners white, outers yellow within the base lamps)
MAYBE convert the tails to LED, but only if I can find some better tails, but not too worried really.
Gloss over some rust areas.

Got some running around to do tomorrow, just waiting on the insurance check right now, then I can start getting the rest of the stuff I need to do the work.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

You should get the headlights tomorrow (11/2).

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Late to the party....another deer? Man you have bad luck.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

ronaconda wrote:You should get the headlights tomorrow (11/2).
Yep. Came today, no problems. Look great! Now to wet sand them and make the forward side less pitted, re polish and install eventually. May even mod them a bit, who knows.
Money pit Beretta wrote:Late to the party....another deer? Man you have bad luck.
Yep, another damn deer, though at least this one was not nearly as hard a hit. All I have left to do is pick up a hood and get some paint. :D

Been driving it today a bit, got my insurance check today as well. Just paid my painter for his time by buying about 500 bucks worth of parts for the S-10 project for him. Fenders, window gaskets, etc. We have to get THAT done yet too! lol

Getting ready to place some other orders tonight, as well as pay a few people for things I needed or wanted for it. :D

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Looks good, just hide the wires

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Its on the to-do list. In my mind. LOL
Just need to strap them down.

Just looked over the headlights I got from Ron. Nice, they will work perfectly for this. Definitely have to spend some time refinishing them but that's ok. How many miles did these have? They look like someone took a sandblaster to them! lol Looks like one was resealed at some point. Going to pull them apart and redo both anyway though.

New radiator is ordered. Less than 55 bucks. Guess we will see HOW good it is when it gets here.

Thinking about ordering some clear markers, and a set of front clear Z04 lamps.... May wait a bit too. Not in a hurry for them. More as it happens. Pics tomorrow if the weather is better.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

DTMAce wrote:Its on the to-do list. In my mind. LOL
Just looked over the headlights I got from Ron. Nice, they will work perfectly for this. Definitely have to spend some time refinishing them but that's ok. How many miles did these have? They look like someone took a sandblaster to them! lol Looks like one was resealed at some point. Going to pull them apart and redo both anyway though.
I knew they could be refinished...i hope that you aren't disappointed now that you have them in your hand. They had 200k+ miles on them and they were NEVER taken apart during the period that the car has been in my family (since '93).