DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 4-

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah, well not looking to make it last for me, would rather just fix it, sell it and find me another one.

Here are some progress pics from working on it this past weekend:

One on the right is bent up, one on the left is the replacement.

Broken or useless parts

Wires that I have no idea where they go or what they are for.

Cruise control is aftermarket, not sure what kind.

Radiator, complete with dents already, hence the reason to add some sort of expanded mesh to help protect it.

Crumpled fender.

Squashed hood.

Seat that is ripped. I have replacement, just have to install.

What the heck is this? Spot light? Doesn't work anyway.

More wire.

Switch that I know not what it does. Doesn't seem to do anything.

Hmmmm No cruise support in the column. I think the stalk was replaced at one time.

More wires.

Anyway, there you go, more pictures. I have to drop the bottom panel to see if I can find the cruise support wiring, as I know where it enters the firewall at least.

More to do, more as it happens.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-

Post by 3X00-Modified »

those spotlights are dash accents...

that switch might have been for those spot lights.

wires under the hood and going to the center console, who knows.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well I think the wires going to the center console to go a blue lighted switch that used to be for the blue under glow kit that is no longer there, though the mount clips are. The small switch, no idea yet. Found the problem with the cruise, the wiring going up to the console (definitely aftermarket) has been clipped off. Now I have to locate a wiring diagram, and see if I can use the existing controller lever. Who knows, it may actually still work.

Still need to figure out how to adjust the brights switch, I did locate it, and can see the rod/actuator, etc. But no obvious sign of adjustment.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:Well I think the wires going to the center console to go a blue lighted switch that used to be for the blue under glow kit that is no longer there, though the mount clips are. The small switch, no idea yet. Found the problem with the cruise, the wiring going up to the console (definitely aftermarket) has been clipped off. Now I have to locate a wiring diagram, and see if I can use the existing controller lever. Who knows, it may actually still work.

Still need to figure out how to adjust the brights switch, I did locate it, and can see the rod/actuator, etc. But no obvious sign of adjustment.
the switch itself is held on to the column and has slotted holes, so loosen the screws holding the white switch in place and slide it forward till there is no slack in the system.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
#1 stunna

Post by #1 stunna »

Bambi killer huh? lol ive dodged a few bambi's in mine ... They have those little "deer whistlers" that mount on your car- its suppose to let them hear you coming and scare em off. My parents have them on their cars and have never hit any deer , (they live in the sticks too-lotsa deer)

88 beretta
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/517217
03 monte carlo ss
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Those are a great marketing scam...

http://ibmwr.org/otech/deerw.html

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

3X00-Modified wrote:the switch itself is held on to the column and has slotted holes, so loosen the screws holding the white switch in place and slide it forward till there is no slack in the system.
Yeah, I saw the slots, but didn't see the screws, will look again next time I'm under it, which may be tomorrow, if the weather is decent and I can keep the baby black flies off of my face.
#1 stunna wrote:Bambi killer huh? lol ive dodged a few bambi's in mine ... They have those little "deer whistlers" that mount on your car- its suppose to let them hear you coming and scare em off. My parents have them on their cars and have never hit any deer , (they live in the sticks too-lotsa deer)
Nope. We have never used them on any of our cars. And until I moved up here, I had never hit deer before. Saw lots of deer in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, had many close calls, but never hit one. Moved up here and have now hit a deer with every car I have owned up here, except for the 03 van, but I did it a wild turkey with that one. So yeah... With this car, that makes it 6 deer I have hit in 8 years. First it was the 93 dodge, then the Z with a real good smack, then a car I was driving for the ship pilots, though thankfully all that one did was roll down the side and wipe the dirt off the car, then the 3 I hit with this one. Yikes.

And... Quoted for truth!
3X00-Modified wrote:Those are a great marketing scam...

http://ibmwr.org/otech/deerw.html
That is the other reason I don't use them. And you have to think. I have avoided and dodged probably 10 times the amount I have hit that I COULD have hit. Biggest thing that screws me up is I either get hit by one at a dead run from a treeline or blind spot, or I was not attentive enough. Simple as that. All of the ones that I could see early enough, I have been able to avoid.

Now this weekend I did work some more on the base. Actually worked the bottom side of the second replacement hood, removed the pad, cleaned, sanded, etc. Going to do a spray paint of gloss black on the areas that show (after I mask off the two decals) then it will be flipped and the top side will be prepped. Hope to have it ready for paint this weekend. I also have to get the fender out and start prepping that too, so we can shoot both at the same time. I want to get the base back together so I can put it back on the road, while I start working on the Z for Fest.

And if it doesn't rain and I have time, going to work on the interior of the base a bit, fix the seat, remove more of the extra wiring, etc.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Have a really nice day, outside of the bugs.

Here are some pictures, including one of my fluffy helper.

Yep, the column nightmare, after pulling the lower panel the other day.

This is why my cruise doesn't work. The cutoff wire feeds down and runs through the firewall to the unit, and then we have a stock lever with no plug in option. SO, I need to locate a color pin out diagram for this, if anyone knows of one?

Hood in progress. It will be painted black on this side this weekend. Will do some more work later this afternoon too. Also have a video of it running that I will throw up on youtube later for you guys. Bad part is, I left it run to let run for a bit, and then forgot and let it run for like an hour and a half! Idiot. Didn't hurt anything, at least it got a good run in. HA

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Video that I promised earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL_F7DgY ... e=youtu.be

And I found this, from Brandon... Man. Makes me feel bad really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... wEBW1UhPNQ

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

More pics. Painted the underside of the hood today finally.... Bought this from Chad this past winter.

Anyway, the bottom side is now done. I will be using proper paint/clear on the top sides. Wasn't too concerned with the underside, especially since most of it gets covered with a pad anyway.

And I took a pic of the car next to me in the building. Chevell (sp?) waiting to be restored one day.

Anyways, enjoy!

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Nice Chevelle

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

GTU89 wrote:Nice Chevelle
It may be one day. Who knows. Its going to take a ton of work though.

More pics, finished putting together the bottom side of the hood:

Robbed the pad from the other hood. Which I'm pretty sure now was a replacement hood on the 96 base I robbed that one from. No stickers on it! So it had to have been replaced once before... Hood turned out excellent on the bottom side. Not bad for a spray bomb. Even dad was impressed... lol

Anyways. Now to work on the fender and the hood latch assembly. Then I can work on the hood's topside, fix a few blemishes on it, etc. The fender will need a fair amount of adjusting on it, as its the one I bought to replace the squashed one but it has some issues of its own, but fixable.

More as it happens.

Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Looks nice. I ripped my pad out never liked them in any of my vehicles.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Cool looking rabbit. Ours down here don't look anywhere near that. I had one watch me years ago when working on my car. She would come and look at all the parts in the yard. Then check in from time to time and see how far along I was.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, crud.

The replacement hood is pretty badly beat on top. Lots of dings, squashes, etc, along with a nice scrape. OH well. Going to just sand it enough to make paint stick and its getting a coat from the same paint can I used to do the underside. To hell with it. At least its structure is not compromised like the one on the car at the moment. Basically its in better shape, but not much better. lol

So will probably be getting this thing back together very soon. I need to get it sold.