DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base FKA The Black Beauty - So it begi

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you ever want to take a set of headlights apart just drop them in an oven at 120* or something like that, it will heat up the sealant and they should separate easily.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Headlights aren't my problem. In fact those look like black silicone more than anything, probably because of the heat of the lamps. Not like the tail lights, those are that GM tar based stickum. That you definitely heat up to make easy. These are the front marker lights for a base. They are melted together plastic. Not as easy.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

oh yeah those... just buy new ones... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ha.

Yes, that's all well and good, but I still have to take them apart, if I want to customize them. ;)

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ok, some updates:

Got back home today, so went to work on the headlights, as I have to have them ready to install soon:

This first picture, has one headlight done already and one before I worked on it. I used 400 grit wet, sanded it by hand for a while, then switched up to 600 wet, sanded it a bit more, then worked them over with a D/A outfitted with a polishing head. Bit of elbow grease, but they look alright. I wanted to use a D/A with 220, or 320 to take a layer down, to get more of the pitting out, but it could have caused more damage, so tried just polishing the first one, that didn't do jack crap. So wet sanded a small spot, then polished, and was well rewarded. I could probably go further, but it would take a lot of time, and I don't need to. Here are a few more shots, one of the second light, one of the first one, and both done. Just finished this about 20 minutes ago.

They will do! lol

DTMAce

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - More done, new pics 11-19

Post by DTMAce »

Ok, installed the new headlights today:

Much better. Had to pull up the top core panel a little, and replace like 3 bolts that were simply missing from the header support panel. BTW, that wasn't broken after all, but the front grill is, so I will need one of those now! Ugh!

Edit:

This evening, I took it out for a drive (after my man Tony Stewart won the 2011 Nascar race/championship) and found out the lights were horribly aimed at the ground! Could hardly see down the road. So got to my friends house, fixed his computer woes, then went and borrowed a torx and adjusted the damn things. NOW I can bloody see!! And these lights are a hell of a lot brighter than what was in the old housings! What bulbs did you have in these Ron? I couldn't believe the difference!

I still have to fix the bright switch, but even with the low beams I see great now! lol

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Were they the bulbs that i sent in them??? If so, the lows were silverstars...the highs are just a standard bulb

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

What do you think of how they turned out? They really cleared up good, once I got done working them over! :D Sure there were some ugly chips and a few age cracks, but hell you can't even tell in the pics!

Yeah, I just left in there whatever you had in there. I didn't even pull them while working the lens over with the sanding and polishing.
Last edited by DTMAce on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

DTMAce wrote:What do you think of how they turned out? They really cleared up good, once I got done working them over! :D Sure there were some ugly chips and a few age cracks, but hell you can't even tell in the pics!
Agreed!!! I think they look great!!!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Got my red vinyl today! Almost has a burnished dark copper look to it rather than red, but still.

15" x 50 yards. (yes, 150 feet of this stuff)

I like the color actually. NOW. The question is, looking at this, it has what looks like tractor feed, so I am assuming it can be used to make various things if you have the vinyl cutter/plotter, so I may have a few projects for those that can do them, if I were to send them some of this.

I know Jon has some access to one I think. Anyway, may be considering doing some stuff, who knows. Right now just debating on doing a single wide stripe on both hood and decklid. The color is gorgeous and would look bad ass against the black I think. Will have to wait to see.

:P

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The guy I used I think just has a standard plotter that squeezes the vinyl between two rollers, It doesn't need the feed on it to be cut.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

i knew a guy that made vinyl stickers for our car club MANY MANY moons ago. his plotter had tracks for the vinyl but it was an older model. i think the newer ones have pinch rollers like 3X00 said. looks like a cool color. 150 feet should yield a few windshield beretta decals

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

3X00-Modified wrote:The guy I used I think just has a standard plotter that squeezes the vinyl between two rollers, It doesn't need the feed on it to be cut.
Now that I wasn't aware of. HA! But cool!

themadness wrote:i knew a guy that made vinyl stickers for our car club MANY MANY moons ago. his plotter had tracks for the vinyl but it was an older model. i think the newer ones have pinch rollers like 3X00 said. looks like a cool color. 150 feet should yield a few windshield beretta decals
Actually I picked this up more for doing some body art with it, than doing windshield decals. Also, if anyone wanted some of this, by all means ask! I have plenty! lol

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

It almost looks like the 'reflective' red stuff on the filler panels!!! If it is, i'll buy a chunk of it off of you!!!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

ronaconda wrote:It almost looks like the 'reflective' red stuff on the filler panels!!! If it is, i'll buy a chunk of it off of you!!!
Trust me, its not "reflective". However its labeled as Ruby Red/Luster Metallic.

It is a nice catchy red color though. As I said, I think it will look great with black. I can always ship you a section though. Just have to let me know how much length you want. 15" wide by whatever. I can easily get one of those shipping tubes at the post office, probably can ship whatever for around 10 bucks or something. I only paid 33 bucks for the whole damn roll with shipping!