DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base FKA The Black Beauty - So it begi

Post by DTMAce »

Got my windshield banner for the black beretta today! Thanks Jon! :D

PS:

Being sick is no fun. :(

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Spent time working on the decklid today, along with working on the S10. Have pics to post for everyone on the truck thread shortly.

Right now, just trying to get the lid prepped for painting, then swap it onto the base. The old lid will be separated from the spoiler and scrapped. (rust issues) Will keep the spoiler for now, it can be re-used or something, or if someone needed one... Who knows.

Also thinking about doing stripes! Red ones, maybe done with a vinyl rather than painted? What do you guys think? Even thinking of having Jon make me up some, with some sort of pattern to them that match the color of the windshield banner I got.. They would have to go on the hood and the decklid and that's it. Think of my black car as a canvas, what would some of you guys do for a stripe idea if you had the means/ability/balls to put them on? :P

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Make sure you go wide on the stripes, and stick to a GM style, stay off the bumpers and the roof, Just the hood and trunk lid.

Vinyl has a tendency to shrink so just be aware of that if its in the sun a lot they will also possibly crack, obviously after a few years but paint would be a more solid deal, and since your already going to paint the decklid and hood... why the hell not ;)

I know because.....

I was a dumb kid once... lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Hey, I found this for a color...

http://www.vinylgraphics.net/shopexd.asp?id=6273

Nice.... What do you think Jon?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That's wide enough to just use right off the roll lol...

Go for it if you want... I've moved away from stripes...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Eh, we will see. I have to think of a way to do it tastefully. :D

Got the new radiator today. Thing came packaged AWESOME and included all the adapters, mount clips, you name it! I was surprised for the price!

Also got the bleeders today too. So that just about makes everything here to get this thing worked on now. Now to just have a nice enough day to do it. Been pissing down rain all week.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Pics of the current decklid work. I hate rust.

Yeah, I did this mostly myself, now to continue the work on the top side.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

3X00-Modified wrote:That's wide enough to just use right off the roll lol...

Go for it if you want... I've moved away from stripes...

I went ahead and ordered that vinyl Jon. Hell it was 25 bucks for 15" x 50 yards! I can always try it, see how it looks for awhile. If it gets ugly, I have enough to do it several times, or different ways, etc. Why not right? lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Today has been a productive day. Worked on getting the wheels swapped over to the steelies, before the snow starts flying around here. Have pics of that. Plus was going to do the CAI to WAI swap, but ran out of available time, so will have to work on that when I do everything else. Ah well.

Pics!

I am kinda digging the bare steelie look on this car. Not too shabby, but wish I had some ordinary lug nuts, not these cap mounters... lol

Later I started working to finishing prepping the deck lid for paint!

Now to get that primed and prepped for black paint! My goal is to have that mounted this week! Oh yeah! :D

Dad asked me if I was keeping the spoiler to put on the new lid. I was like hell no. It will be kept for a spare, but not to go back on it. :P

themadness

Post by themadness »

3X00-Modified wrote:Make sure you go wide on the stripes, and stick to a GM style, stay off the bumpers and the roof, Just the hood and trunk lid.

Vinyl has a tendency to shrink so just be aware of that if its in the sun a lot they will also possibly crack, obviously after a few years but paint would be a more solid deal, and since your already going to paint the decklid and hood... why the hell not ;)

I know because.....

I was a dumb kid once... lol

hate to break it to ya man.......that looks pretty damn good. i got a one up on you in the dumb kid dept. back when the vinyl stripes were hot(around 96-97)my 95 red base had at some point or another..........

yellow double stripes
single black
single white
and the worst.....

double SUPERMAN BLUE stripes off centered to the driver's side
it made the eyes BURN and was hellacious with 3D glasses on!

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

Its too bad you couldn't somehow retrofit the center caps from the Impala police cruisers on the Beretta wheels. I think the bolt pattern is different though.

Here is what I'm talking about.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-Chevy-Impala ... es&vxp=mtr

-1995 Chevy Beretta Base *SOLD*
-1998 Chevy Silverado 4x4
-2016 Chevy Silverado Z71
-2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1995 Chevy Beretta Base - 3100 V6 w/ 284,000 and still kickin'.
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Or get some from like an 87 or 88 base. Those would probably work too. Not too worried about it. So far I have already put over 1200 miles on it. Gets used daily during the week right now. So far so good. I'm HOPING to get the hood pulled and worked on very soon, so I can also fix the other front end stuff, replace headlights, etc soon. Yikes. Supposed to snow later this week. :(

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i'll try these (funny enough... i already posted parts from that damn 90 gt parts car of mine! in a post of yours! trolling u!), and if im not feeling them, i'll send them your way if you like them...
Attachments
2011-06-16 19.11.10smaller.jpg

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Those could work, if you don't want them. Let me know. lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

3X00-Modified wrote:Make sure you go wide on the stripes, and stick to a GM style, stay off the bumpers and the roof, Just the hood and trunk lid.

You know what's funny about this picture? I mean really funny?

I have the same looking wheels (just don't have the covers installed, they are in a box) but complete with the sidewall white lettering, the same damn headlight covers (or damn close anyway, again not installed right now) and more or less the same look, just black. Hilarious.

As for the style, I know Chevy's normally only have stripes on the hood and decklid. They look wrong in most applications when stuck anywhere else. Thinking about just doing a single broad stripe 15" wide on just the hood and the deck lid. What the hell. And it being a slightly darker red with a metallic look, hell it may even work nicely. Guess we will find out. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should ship you a section of the vinyl I'm getting for you to make a beretta logo for the windshield out of so it matches... HA!

Kidding.

Actually also debated on tearing apart a set of base front lamps, to see what I could do to them for custom. But damn they are well sealed together. May cause more damage trying to get them apart then its worth I think. Of course I picked the shittiest set I had, being the ones from the 94 base. May have to use a small modeling saw actually. That could work. Something thin enough to cut the melted plastic seam without cracking the crap out of the plastic. Already broke it a bit trying. What I want to do, is flip the turn signal side of the light, so the blinker is on the outer portion, and turn the inner portion into a white colored light, that I can remotely operate as a fog. If I used bright enough LEDs, it would actually be pretty damn bright. But it would still be in a base style housing with the base look. May turn out badass!

Going to pull the sidemarkers tomorrow, temporarily throw stockers in till I go through the clears, see if they are good enough for LED work. I already know one is cracked through the middle, so going to have to buy at least one pair already. Only one of them works anyway, I think.

What else? Hmmmm If the weather is nice enough, may actually try to get more done on the thing under the hood. I have plenty to do.