DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-

Post by DTMAce »

OK, its official. The 95 base will be parted out. Sale thread to be posted soon, so hold your requests until its posted. I will be linking on the group facebook, but to make requests for parts has to be done via bnet, once the thread is active. This will be a time limited sale, once time is up, the car gets scrapped. I have to move forward and need to purchase another vehicle with more room, so one of these has to go. I do not have the time or the patience to be messing with an engine swap then hope I sell it before something else happens. LOL Besides with the rust it has, its better this way.

Updates to follow soon. Thanks for following this thread everyone.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

There was a guy on the turbo Regal board with an engine that made a noise.
It turns out he had something foreign in one of the cylinders which hammered that
spark plug shut. He got it out and posted a pic. I commented that it looked like the tip
of a fuel injector. It was never confirmed but he got it out and put in a new plug.
I believe the engine was fine, he planned to look at his fuel injectors when he did an
intake upgrade.
Check your plugs, see if one is hammered if it is, the tip of a fuel injector may have come
off and is in one cylinder.
I listed to the video. It sounds like neither a lifter nor a rod and I've had em both.
Rod knock is a deeper sound, lifter is every other revolution.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I think its one of 2 things:

Jumped timing. (somehow) Cause it runs rougher than crap. It was better after I replaced the spark wires, but still knocked and hammered and ran like it was down one or 2 cylinders.

Snapped a rod off of a piston and left the piston stuck up. But I doubt this.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan