DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 4-

Post by DTMAce »

I have decided to show the uglier side....

Yep. Lots of ugly. First couple pics are the new exhaust tip though. And the last few show the extensiveness of the rust underneath, and how much the door drops, etc... Not pretty.

So yeah, not really something I can fix this time. Not going to try to fix all that either. Will let you all know when it goes up for sale as a parts car or parted.

For now, its still the DD.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

better watch your rear tires got some pretty big dry-rot cracks in it on the side wall.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

All 4 of them are like that. Don't worry, I have been careful. Not going to bother with the tires for now, they have plenty of tread and as long as they don't fly apart, its all good.

I mean really, which is going to go first? The tires or the rear axle? LOL

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

DTMAce wrote: I mean really, which is going to go first? The tires or the rear axle? LOL
that's one of those things you gotta flip a coin for. :lol:

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Holy crap.....

That car would not pass PA state inspection and would be deemed totaled.

Be careful man

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Whoa....that is nasty.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yep. Pretty scary.

Now you see why. lol

Actually I think one or more of the tires is already starting to go, was shaking a bit more than usual today. SO. Moving up the timetable! Probably going to be pulling the Z out of storage sooner than planned, like within the next week or so. Have to get oil and a filter for it first.

Once I have that up and running, this one will be off the road permanently. *sigh

Please see the eventual sale thread for the Bambi Killer. lol

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

MUCH worse than mine with that rust in the back man. WOW! PA was complaining about a little bit of surface rust on my ass end last year, and no salt or snow, means no worse rust for me this this year. Be safe man, I always cringe a little when my back end hits a large bump, but a cringe would turn into a crap in my pants, if mine was that bad. PART IT ASAP! DD DA Z LIKE ME! Don't you have a min-van too? That is honestly the worst rust in the back I've ever seen on a retta. The rockers on my old 95 base were just as bad though.

1994 AQUA ZED
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Surprisingly, its still feeling solid while on the road, which honestly doesn't make any sense, I know. But yeah, it needs to be put down. And it will, just have to deal with it in a week or so. I think it will hold up that much longer.... lol Been through the past winter, hit three deer, got it stuck in 2 snow banks, goes on gravel bumpy roads, windy curves, across railroad tracks, potholes, you name it. Hasn't collapsed yet!

Don't worry guys, I have been careful. I bought it not knowing it was that bad, but Brandon didn't know it was that bad either. My main goal was to use it for a DD for a while. Just ended up being shorter than I planned originally, that's all.

Not out of the game yet. lol

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I wouldn't buy a beretta without sticking my head under the backside to inspect the spring area and rear beam. Doesn't matter what the original owner tells me either.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Duh.

Still, he missed it, I missed it, regardless its there now. Doesn't matter. I think its done after this week. I have a tire just starting to separate on the front passenger side. Not bad yet, but may be. Going to plan ahead and be prepared in case it goes. Just need it to go a few more days. :D

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Base is now going up for sale, so keep an eye open for the sale post in the next couple days.

$400 with the stock wheels, $800 with the ARs. You also get various other parts at that price.

Car is only good for a parts car or to be parted out. If no one wants to buy it as is, then I will be parting then scrapping the car.

Sucks, but that's the way it has to be. LOTS of good parts on it though! Stay tuned.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Small change of plans.

After crawling under it and looking it over with some input from my father as well, makes more sense to address some of it, fix a bit then sell it. There are several locals already interested in it as-is, despite its condition.

Might see if I can shore up the spring perches a bit, patch the hole in the passenger rear pan, fix the front end and gloss it over. Might be able to get 800 or 900 out of it. It runs really good, daresay better than the Z in some ways.

SO. As of this week, it will be parked, and I am going to start working on it. Pulling the front end apart, getting the lights and horn fixed, front end damage fixed, patch up some of the rust areas that are visible so it doesn't look as bad, see if I can strengthen the bad areas underneath, etc. Then going to pull the ARs, put the stockers back on, (have to fix one tire) put on new front pads, get the oil changed, fix the driver's seat, little stuff like that.

Should take me a few weeks on the weekends.

Once its done, I will decide what to do with it from there.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, I tore apart the front end this weekend. I still have the fender and hood to remove though. Pulled out the rest of the A/C stuff up front, still need to install the new horn, de-wired some more stuff out of the looms, etc etc.

Thinking about putting in some expanded metal up front in the bumper to keep the rocks out of the rad.

Pics will be later, didn't have time to snap any this weekend.

themixer

Post by themixer »

this is what my 1995 looked like, i spent 18 hours welding new metal into it, but it still only lasted 1.5 more years

rip