DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER! - New Pics 5-1!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
GTU89

Re: DTMAce's 95 Black Base - THE BAMBI KILLER!

Post by GTU89 »

DTMAce wrote:Winter pics from the big snow storm last weekend....

Enjoy! Car is still going fine!

crap, its gonna be 70-something today where I live and your getting snow lol

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah todays high is 62... Mr Pink actually made an appearance at work today its so nice... And I have her new Torque Converter at home.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

We were in the high 40s yesterday, it was nice. Over half of that has completely melted now.

Today however, high winds, cold as hell out. Blowing flurries, but nothing major. Just cold.

Tomorrow, supposed to be upper 30s again! LOL

MAKE UP YOUR MIND THERE WEATHER!!

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Holy snowballs thats a ton of snow.Yeah 71 here at 12 o'clock.
I've been driving the beretta since the wheel alignment tuesday=)

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Been driving this one since I bought it. lol

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

jackattack193

Post by jackattack193 »

Wow - snow like that is a PITA, but that first pic can make it in a calender spread - pain, yes but it sure looks gorgeous

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

thats crazy I havent seen that much since last yr we hardly got hit at all this yr

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah snow is crazy.

And the drama continues. This week:

Yep. That is probably the weirdest flat tire I have ever had. I think (and I'm not positive) that it ruptured while crossing the center of the road. Here we have wake up bumps in nearly every roadway in Michigan. When I crossed it to make a pass on someone, it wasn't 100 ft later that the tire suddenly was flat. Starting making a growling/howling noise first, then the shaking commenced.

Pulled over, sure enough, front left was flat to the rim!

It was dark, no street light, and on a 55 speed highway. So not really safe for me to get out and work on it without getting smacked by someone.

So put a call into my cell phone's road side assistance, but they ended up taking so long that I actually ended up getting help from the local state police. They were awesome btw! So I got the spare out of the trunk (don't think it ever got used) and put it on the front for the trip home. Tomorrow I have to move it to the rear till I can get a replacement tire. I do NOT like having spares on the front! But I didn't feel like changing two tires in the night like that.

Anyways, made it home. Have to finish it tomorrow. *sigh

More as it happens.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Eh, I was bored today. Took this pic, I had recently washed the beast after all, and did swap the wheels back to the AR's, so here it is:

Doesn't look too bad from this angle.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

You know, its funny. 9 days before that above picture, we had over 1ft snow drifts everywhere, as you can see at the top of this page. All of our snow is now mostly gone, with the exception of snow truck piles or shaded areas. We almost hit 70 yesterday! Crazy!

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Updates.

Car is still running strong. 7 thousand miles added since I bought it in October. Driver's door is starting to fall, or the body is starting to shift, either way, sometimes catches the latch. Not to mention a creak has developed somewhere between the latch side of the driver's door and the rear bumper, you can hear it when I accelerate, then when I brake, and then back again when I accelerate. Probably an axle mount starting to go I would imagine.

Debating on actually bothering with repairing the front end at this point. I WANT to, but not sure if I should waste the time.

Once Summer gets here, I believe the car is going up for sale as a parts car. If there is no interest, then its going to be parted out. Its unfortunate, but I can't justify trying to fix the level of corrosion on the chassis. Between the lower front door pillars being nearly rotted clear though to the rocker panels, the rear sub frames barely holding the axle in place, the rear fender lips on both sides being rusted, well the passenger side is rotting through actually. Sections of carpet are coming through the rear floor pans, I get some water entry in the compartment from time to time too, so not much chance of correcting it at this point without stripping the car completely, removing the ruined sections, fabricating new sections, I would be better off replacing it.

But as a part car for someone, or selling parts off of it, its well worth that at least.

Anyway, I will keep it running as long as I can, if it lives till Fest, I will try to bring it in the hopes of selling it or something, who knows. I hate that it has come to this, but I see no alternative. For now its doing well, averaging nearly 2000 miles a month as my DD. At least its running strong, and still whoops ass when you get on it. But I have been careful and watching the condition of the rear axle closely, to hopefully avoid it failing me when I least expect it. Most likely, it will just collapse and drop the car down lower in the rear when it does finally go.

Don't start clamoring for parts or something, I won't be promising anything to anybody till I actually list or sell or whatever. Simpler that way.

I will keep updating though, who knows what may happen in the next couple months! lol

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Crazy that something that looks so good could be so bad.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Tell me about it.

Today I fixed the exhaust. This thing has always sounded crazy loud and rumbly, even inside the cabin.

All I did was have a 6 or 7 inch piece of 1 3/4" flanged and welded to the 2" muffler exit. Basically it sticks it out past the bumper and points to the ground. It was a section of crinkled elbow from another project.

MY GOD did that tone it down! I swear its less than half as loud, but it still rumbles pretty good! Doesn't look all that good, but it works great! :D

Well, one less thing to fix. :P

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

These cars can look so good, and yet still be so bad with the hidden cancer.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:Tell me about it.

Today I fixed the exhaust. This thing has always sounded crazy loud and rumbly, even inside the cabin.

All I did was have a 6 or 7 inch piece of 1 3/4" flanged and welded to the 2" muffler exit. Basically it sticks it out past the bumper and points to the ground. It was a section of crinkled elbow from another project.

MY GOD did that tone it down! I swear its less than half as loud, but it still rumbles pretty good! Doesn't look all that good, but it works great! :D

Well, one less thing to fix. :P

Yup... it's amazing how much noise it makes without a tip, it just echo's inside the bumper and under the car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"