Roberts 89GT Engine build.

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
LX9Power

Re: Roberts 89GT Engine build.

Post by LX9Power »

Robert 89gt wrote:If my injectors stop making power at 203whp Why would you keep saying stuff about the tune.Because that has nothing to do with the problem.
where did you read something about the tune???? I said I was not bashing what 3400-mod did for the tune, because I know its not the tune! I said your car could do a little more with what you had! why are you so pissed because I said your car is making less torque then it should? It's not like I said your car is crap or something.

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

people get way too uppity on here lately, he didn't come of as pissed at all

Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

It's no big deal.I've seen what superdave has done.Truly amazing car i would watch videos of him leaving car shows and wish my camshaft had that lobe.I've known alex or alxsmt for many years.And consider him a friend.It's fine rip away i don't care.lol

LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

Robert 89gt wrote:It's no big deal.I've seen what superdave has done.Truly amazing car i would watch videos of him leaving car shows and wish my camshaft had that lobe.I've known alex or alxsmt for many years.And consider him a friend.It's fine rip away i don't care.lol
dude your car is cool, what I wanted is that you get more out of it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

LX9Power wrote:He did get 222wtq with the same cam.Not bashing what 3400-mod did because he the one I look up to for tuning, but I think your setup can do a little more.
Who got 222wtq with which cam?

I'm trying to decipher all of this and I'm finding that at 80% duty cycle yes the injectors are maxed at 211hp according to one website calculation, another depending on efficiency says 234hp... Either way I ran it by Dave and he has the same response I did, if the A/F ratio did not drop then there probably won’t be any more power up there. When an injector maxes out that means it can’t flow anymore fuel but we didn't max out at say 4500 RPM giving the engine a chance to lean out. It maxed at 6000 and the pull didn't last long enough to start to lean it out, it was still 12.3 a/f at 6300 RPM when it was shut down.

SO in my opinion the 28lb injectors will add longevity to the setup since they will not go static when at WOT, but may not add power unless these current ones have a bad spray pattern or something.

If Alex only got 218whp with 10.5:1 compression then the 202hp this put down I see no problems with, however yes the 200 and change for tq does seem a bit low, but honestly unless someone has some explanation or good guess as to why, I don't know what else to try. The port work alone will not match you to a HP level obtained by high compression. And if it was Alex who got 222wtq with this cam, well once again hes a point and a half higher on compression, that will make a difference.

Adding 4* of spark down low didn't gain any TQ like we did on the top end with HP so I figure even if I did add more down there we wouldn't gain much of anything but bring it closer to knocking..

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

He's talking about alex smith beretta having the same camshaft and making 222TQ.
Well guess we know what a 3400/3500 hybrid with my cam makes with 9.1 compression.And 10.5:1 compression, alex also had the engine balanced.
And i did not have this done.I looked at his dyno sheet again it made 218.9 after 5400 then around 5800 starts to drop off again.I really just don't care anymore it just beating a dead horse.lol

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok, well I didn't know what Alex made, and with his being 218whp and 222wtq with 10.5:1 compression and a fully balanced bottom end, I would have say the 202hp 203tq that we got is pretty good for that setup and probably about all your going to squeak out of it.

I've never seen Alex's dyno sheet and if I had then I wouldn't have questioned these numbers at all and I would have questioned what you wanted to see knowing what Alex had done.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Well from my understanding of compression you would gain 15% jumping up a whole point.I was thinking it was less.If i knew this was the case i would have gotten pistons.Or milled the heads more to bring back more compression.Again it's not the end of the world i still have over 200whp.I'll be really happy if i could pull a 13 second 1/4 and be reliable=)

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Congrats on the numbers homeboy! Your beast will haul some serious butt now!! Oh, and should I send you a Packer's jersey? lol

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I love compression. Those numbers are tits though. I'm hoping to join the 13sec club some day soon...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Jon did a really awesome job with the tune.I know it will take some work but i think i could get into the 13's with slicks=) Thanks eric and you to brett you whore=)

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Good stuff! #'s are good. Sound like a very fun drive with the 5 speed! Stock 3400's are rated @ like 180 HP, and like 205 Ft Lbs Torque right? HP is up, but why is the torque down? Or are my #'s wrong?

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Your numbers youre reciting are crank numbers... Roberts are WHP numbers which are typically 15% less than whats at the crank with a 5-speed... so he really has around 240hp/240tq crank. This is aparently not a very torquey camshaft, OR its the primary size of the headers not helping that. I've been wondering that and why I own a set of 1.5" togs that I want to try on my car vs the 1 5/8"ths S&S's

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

AHHH! Gotcha. Still, I love this car, and still, obviously good #'s.
I wasn't thinking, WHP compared to power at the crank, my bad.
I might sound dumb here, but what are tog headers? Is that a company?
Just gathering info hahaha.

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes it was a company called The Other Guys. They may still be in business but I'm not sure... All I know is 3800Performance.com still lists a set for a 3800 engine.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"