1990 Beretta GTZ H/O - Tom's Garnet GTZ

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
tvc3-gtz

Re: 1990 Beretta GTZ H/O - Tom's Garnet GTZ

Post by tvc3-gtz »

Travelor wrote:Things to do:

Have head pressure tested, no cracks? Cryo treat that mofo. As well as the valves and cams since its usually a flat price. Then?

STOP STEALING MY CAR! SERIOUSLY!!! Yours is only the 4th Manual window GTZ I've ever seen, and the only other Garnet one!

haha I didn't steal it we are just both in the Garnet club

themixer

Post by themixer »

that and the quasar blue are my favorite colors i honestly hate white cars and i ended up with 2

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

What happened to the motor?

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9412

And he's had at least 4 threads of sad that its not fixed yet... And I even offered to have him bring the engine to me and I would help him rebuild it, but that never got off the ground I guess, I never heard anything concrete after offering my services.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9412

And he's had at least 4 threads of sad that its not fixed yet... And I even offered to have him bring the engine to me and I would help him rebuild it, but that never got off the ground I guess, I never heard anything concrete after offering my services.

I understand I cannot keep creating new threads, which is why I re purposed this one. You can't blame me for being sad when every time I get the means to fix this it gets sent to some other issue that magically and inconveniently comes up every damn time. I PM-ed you multiple times about your help, (and I apologize for disappearing) but I also landed a very very very time consuming job that is "taxing" (pun intended) on any time I have to myself.

I've been proactive enough, I just do not get to come on the boards much, but since I sense some bad vibe I am here to clear the air.

The car is being stored 30 minutes from me because my landlord forced me to move it. It's engine is seized, and I have not had the time to properly take it apart, nor do I really have the knowledge to do that comfortably. I had spent 2,000+ dollars getting the timing chain replaced (along with all other components) and the head gaskets done. I have my name in every scrap yard in the area within MA in case a GTZ pops in with a useable quad four. When the mechanic looked at it before I brought the seized car back, he said the engine was stuck so bad he couldn't even budge it an inch. I took a large breaker bar and tried to move the engine after taking off the timing cover, but it didn't move at all.

I have no idea what caused it, whether it was a bad timing job or whether or not the oil pump went. This is an opportune time for me to try to get back onto the forums, with winter over and all my summer projects coming to fruition, I wanted to at least reach out to the community here, since I have owned many berettas and was quite active until recent months.

Seeing these pictures that I had posted made me want to leave a comment on my own thread, which is NOT a new thread it's the one I have kept for some time. I figured with this thread I can try to update everyone on my progress, whenever that starts.

I have played the trading game on craigslist, taking my old beat up Saab and working my way up to an Arctic Cat ZR 700 snowmobile in MINT cond. I'm a big sled guy, but I am also always keeping an eye out for barter opportunities for a Quad four engine (I am dreaming, but it can't hurt to look).

in the meantime I bought this and it's my daily driver since I needed a running car when my Saab finally bit the dust:
- GT v8
- 5 speed
- spinner BBS stocky style rims
- aftermarket roll bar

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

anybody want to barter my excellent running, great condition Honda Odyssey FL250 for a running H/O Quad four engine for my GTZ ;)?

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

tvc3-gtz wrote: I understand I cannot keep creating new threads, which is why I re purposed this one. You can't blame me for being sad when every time I get the means to fix this it gets sent to some other issue that magically and inconveniently comes up every damn time. I PM-ed you multiple times about your help, (and I apologize for disappearing) but I also landed a very very very time consuming job that is "taxing" (pun intended) on any time I have to myself.
Welcome to my world. My 2005 F350 has a blown head gasket ($2000 in parts even if I do all the work myself). Waiting on taxes to get the $$ to repair. Yesterday, my DD 04 SRT4's clutch decided it was time to let go so now I have that down. Clutches on these silly things are like $500 in parts alone. Now I've got my GTZ still not running - My engine is ready to reassemble, but I'd still like to replace the timing chain ($200ish) before putting it back together. That doesn't even take into consideration all the other money I've spent on the engine stuff already - waiting to go in: Full Gasket kit, oil pump, clutch, filters, water pump, bottom end refresh.

I don't know why but everything has struck at once... I still have my Z28 but it needs an axle shaft. Ugh.

But I will say this......if my car died LAST MAY I'd definitely have fixed it by now. ;) The Quads aren't all that complicated and yanking one out isn't that tough, either. You don't need special tools, just some way to lift the car up and drop the engine/trans out as a unit on the cradle/subframe.

One last thing; Machine shops have ways of getting things apart - You may find that the block is still salvageable (as other parts may be,too). You've gotta get it out to tell, tho. Trust me, any USED Quad4 motor you find anymore is likely to be riddled with problems and there is no way you could pay me to put one in my own car until it was totally gone through.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hey tvc3 I'm trying to get some info for you on Quad site. There is a guy over there selling a Goodwrench 2.3 that he says is going for cheap.

keep'em flying!
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

updates to come soon..

80zfreak

Post by 80zfreak »

That is one clean looking GTZ, definitely worth fixing!

Money pit Beretta

Money pit Beretta wrote:Hey tvc3 I'm trying to get some info for you on Quad site. There is a guy over there selling a Goodwrench 2.3 that he says is going for cheap.
Never mind, hesaid it was on CL and now it's gone.

keep'em flying!
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

Money pit Beretta wrote:
Money pit Beretta wrote:Hey tvc3 I'm trying to get some info for you on Quad site. There is a guy over there selling a Goodwrench 2.3 that he says is going for cheap.
Never mind, hesaid it was on CL and now it's gone.

dang.. I'm always too slow on the draw.. :-/

Money pit Beretta

Yeah even I'm not happy about missing that one. He just didn't give the info fast enough.

keep'em flying!
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

if you guys had to send your broken engine off to be rebuilt, where would you send it to? Do you have any recommended places (if the block is broken or whatever) that would be reasonable and do quality work?

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

this thread can be closed.. I moved my posts onto my main thread page on "member's rides".. sorry for the cluttered threads everywhere :/