The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
scd88ga

Re: The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP

Post by scd88ga »

themixer wrote:i very much so enjoy these 3800SC engines

As do I! :evil:

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

scd88ga wrote:
themixer wrote:i very much so enjoy these 3800SC engines

As do I! :evil:

they are very nice engines...if only GM would have put Aluminum Head on it.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I thought about the 1.9 rockers. I wasnt sure if it was something i should do or not. Havent read enough about them to know of any longevity issues or what not for a stock internal motor.

I thought about headers, but dont think im gonna be running enough power to really take advange of them. If anything, im gonna run the power log front manifold and a ported out rear manifold. Im not lookin for the 400hp just yet lol Hell with the list of mods i will have done by the middle of October, i'll barely be pushing out over 300, if not decently over 300 lol

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

takes alot to get over the 300 mark but headers are definately beneficial to these cars as some have chaulked up piston on the front bank due indersizement of the manifolds as to why i went headers after i had the plog and ported rear before the headers. the headers are a noticeable difference over the ported stuff and itll be less money spent later on( to each is their own). These cars are hard and cost a good deal of money to even get them in the mid 13s. If i did it all over again i would go 3.2 pulley, 42lb injectors, 1.9 rockers, ported gen 5, N* Tb, wrapped headers to keep heat down into 2.5 full exhaust to keep some back pressure, FWI, SSIC, and nice tune this will get you mid 13s or slightly better. not sure where you looking to get but that would make a fun daily driver imho. but good luck in your ventures

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So, since the exhaust is getting done on tuesday, heres a quick vid of the ZZP catted downpipe attached to the stock catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ltkb1ivgOg

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Okay, update time. Decided, since im in the middle of a divorce and ive lost all drive to be a good boy, im just gonna go for broke lol.

I got the exhaust done on tuesday. Everything turned out great, but, i have to have the guy pull the whole system back about a half inch. The tips stick out just a tad bit. Its WAY better than driving around on an open downpipe for the obvious reasons. Im happy with the sound so far, although the mufflers do still need to wear in. I will give them a couple weeks and then might have a resonator installed, we'll see.

Pics of the old catback and new y-pipe back setup

Heres the pics i took the day i picked her up from the shop

And speaking of going broke, I have some exhaust peices i got to redo the intake properly. Most likely will be getting heat wrapped. 3.5" mandrel-bent with a 4" reducer. Also, my new ZZP stock replacement 3-gauge pillar pod.

Over the next two days, i will have my AEM A/F gauge, and my Autometer Cobalt Volt and Boost/Vac Gauges as well. Stay tuned, more coming soon :)

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Okay. So since i got a bunch of stuff in to complete my own personal "Stage 1" kit, yesterday i got them put in. Its nice not having to kick car parts around my place anymore and have them in/on my car where they can be fully enjoyed :)

I started off with the intake. Now, when i built the first one, it was a monstrosity. So, with the pipes i ordered, i got to work and built me a new 1-piece unit that is way better looking and just needs a better paint job; you will see what i mean in a few.

First, hers a pic of the first version...

As you can see, better than having an open filter in the engine bay, but not very aesthetically pleasing to the eye, or the air flow.

So, test fitted a couple of pieces and tacked them in place to check full fitment.

Hard to tell from the pic, but i overestimated how long the pipes needed to be. In the end, i had to bust the welds and shorten the whole thing down a bit. I dont have any inbetween pics, but this is how it wound up after a couple more hours of playing with it.

I prolly could have done it in two peices, but, i didnt have any 3.5" silicone couplers laying around. I may break it up down the road. Paint came out shitty cause all i had was Rustoleum silver engine paint, or black Duplicolor engine paint. I didnt want black so silver it is. Sad thing about Rustoleum paint cans, they dont have that nice spray pattern, so mass amounts of overspray happened and it globbed in areas. Oh well, i can fix it later.

Installed

Only thing i have left to do, is get some rubber insulators for the mounts. I dont think i want to leave that thing perfectly solid to the body like it is.

And a pic of the gauge pod installed with the gauges. Im gonna spend today hooking them all up. Only thing i cant hook up is the A/F gauge cause i still need to get a bung welded in for it. That wont happen for prolly another week or so, but i can atleast wire it all in and get it ready.

And for kicks, heres an overall of the engine bay now, with the new wires and everything :)

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Much better than the old one. You have to get rid of that flex tube. Those things slow the air down much more than you would think.
Take a look at HP Armor. That stuff would be great for keeping out the heat on that intake pipe. I have some, but I don't know which car needs it the most.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Remember though, this thing is sucking... I doubt that ribbed tube is going to slow the air down much.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So time for a little update. Not much going on as ive been a little strapped for cash the last week or so. But trying to get a couple things done in time for the weekend.

I have the gauges all wired in and ready to go, but still waiting to get the bung welded in for the wideband.

Dont have a pic of the WB lit up, but it defaults it LED to 14.7 with the matching lit hash mark.

I also removed the intake, installed rubber mounts for it and sanded and repainted it black. It looks alot better now i think.

Ive also been working on porting a TB as well. I wont have it done before the track next weekend, but i should have it mostly done by the end of the month. The TB came from a 98 Ultra, so its the older design, but still the same throttle blade size. Removing the post in the middle was fun, but i got it out and most of the bore smoothed out.

And a last shot of the TB as it was saturday. I have since done some sanding and smoothing to it.

And just in case anyone is curious, here is what the 2000+ TB looks like inside.

Im hoping to keep going on this project. I have a huge trans cooler and gauge coming for it, should be here this week, hopfully gonna get them both installed before saturday. Im also still planning on having it tuned for me before i blow something up lol.

Geoff
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah I would not suggest going to the track till someone can tune it... bad idea with boost.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

tune is the most important of all mods

Money pit Beretta

Love your TB work! Hey is that the IAT in there? Just another bad idea from GM.

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yeah its gonna get tuned. But i have a back up plan if needbe too.

No, that is the mass air flow sensor hanging down in there. The older one is smaller and lower profile, should allow alot more air past. Have something else coming for the car, but i will disclose that when they get here ;)

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Ha, yeah it did look more like a MAF. I can undersand that if you need space, but there is more than enough in every car that would get a SC 3800. Well you can for sure tell how much air is flowing(temp and pressure too) into the front of the TB that way. But the stupid thing is that big hump is an air flow killer and will change the pressure. Ok sorry, just another stupid idea from GM.

keep'em flying!