The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
90GTZHO

The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Post by 90GTZHO »

So as many of you know, the GTZ is officially gone. Now, i have been trying to sell her for a while and in the process of selling her, i found the perfect replacement. This unfortunately lead me to have 3 vehicles instead of the two i wanted to be left with.

Now, some of you are saying, wait a min, you were selling the GTZ to downsize. Yes, that is true, that was because my wife and i were going to be moving some place else and we were trying to keep it simple. Well, things change...as in im getting divorced kind of change. So long story short, i still like having two cars. So that lead me to this car.

Its a 2000 Grand Prix GTP with, of course, the awesome 3800 S2 SC for the powertrain. So yes, i bought another W-body :D I got it from a guy who also is going thru a divorce and needed the money to pay his lawyer off, so i got it for a bargin, nice guy though. Its, ironically enough, a stripped GTP so to speak. It doesnt have leather, HUD, sunroof, Bose/Monsoon, or anything like that. Its got cloth interior, and the usual things you see on a base GT model, save for the motor. When i bought it it had just over 200k miles on it, but on the brighter side of things, this car seems to have never seen any hard service. The inside of the motor was a nice gold color, doesnt leak or burn oil, trans shifts tight and right now, and the suspension is hella tight. All the miles on the car are highway, so most of its life, was spent out of the boost range.

Heres some pics the day i picked up.

Last edited by 90GTZHO on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
90GTZHO

Re: The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP

Post by 90GTZHO »

She was pretty dirty when got her. Definitely needed a good cleaning, which i gave her. I also debadged and de-grilled the car. All in all, i was pleased with the ending look :) And yes, those are 2003 Bonneville SE 16's.

So in the end, its been a great car so far. I also added the large cone filter to ditch the stock air box. Blower is nice and loud too :D So far, aside from the few things i have mentioned, it hasnt had much done to it. Although, i did have to put new motor and strut mounts, and control arms in it. Its been on several long road trips, and i still see 30mpg on the highway with it. I do have some plans for it, but as of right now, theres not much i can do since i just got approved for a place to move into and money will be a lil tight for a while.

So, i thought i would share with the rest of the community and get that out there. Comments, or whatever welcome :)

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I'm telling you man that is a rare car here in my area. Most are four doors and I think they a 3400's.
They are still a bit on the big side for me, but if I had a choice I'd want what you have. I've always wanted an SC car.
Last edited by Money pit Beretta on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keep'em flying!
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

That cleaned up nicely. My mom had an '03 Monte SS brand new. That was a nice car. Those W-bodies ride great...and they are very comfortable.

Sad to see the Beretta going...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

The motor sure cleaned up great! Sorry to hear you're getting a divorce, I couldn't imagine the feeling. When you do have the time and money though, what do you plan on doing with the car? Any go fast goodies?

-1995 Chevy Beretta Base *SOLD*
-1998 Chevy Silverado 4x4
-2016 Chevy Silverado Z71
-2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1995 Chevy Beretta Base - 3100 V6 w/ 284,000 and still kickin'.
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

Great cars and fun as hell to drive=) I Like the color too i agree cleaned up very nice.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I'm really sorry to hear about what's going on in your personal life Geoff... I've been through it myself. Just know that things will get better and your friends will show their true colors; the real friends will be there for you through the thick and thin of it.

The car looks great, those fuel lines look brand new! 2000 is my favorite year GTP, but then again I might be bias.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Glad to see that you got rid of that stupid engine cover. I see no use for them......oh wait it so you can't see the ugly engine.
I saw a high end car that was all covers. Not much chance for cooling air to get in there and more to pull off when work needs to be done. But it's so pretty!
:x

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Since someone asked.... hee hee

Plans i have for the car (whether or not they all happen is different story, but):

3.4" pulley, fenderwell intake setup, ported TB, ported SC, coolant bypass block off, PCM tune, urethane motor mounts, power log front exhaust manifold, ported rear manifold, 3" downpipe with hi-flow cat and U-bend delete, 3" catback with magnaflow resonator and dual magnaflows out the back with a pair of dual 3" tips.

When the motor goes, its gonna get a full working, with 9:1 pistons, stage 1 cam, full roller valve train, ported heads, ported lower intake and full ballance and blueprinting. Im guessing with the other mods i have already listed, it should be somewhere in the 350hp zone. Which anyone who knows these motors/cars, knows that's about the limit before axles and transmissions start popping. Should be a solid 14sec car, maybe high 13's with, more than likely, severe traction issues lol.

Geoff
Ozzwoman9

The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Man, sounds like your life is taking as many turns as mine has over the past year!

Nice car! I'll be in the market for something newer and more kid friendly soon.

Sent from my iPhone.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

stock they are high 14 sec cars. with what you posted it could be a high 12. these car like mods

Koots

Post by Koots »

I never really saw a SC Coupe Grand Prix before, definitely a badass looking car IMO.

Sorry to hear about the divorce, but you will find someone who will makes you much happier in every possible way out there. Might take a few years, but imagine what a few more years of a shitty relationship would have begun to feel like.

So keep your head up and enjoy the single life :)

Rodville

Post by Rodville »

Welcome to the divorced club. It sucks at first but you give it time and you will meet someone else.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Thanks guys for the comments. And about the whole divorce thing. Things have been slowly getting better day by day :)

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So i have a modular pulley setup for the blower coming, ordered a 3.4 pulley to go with it. I also have a 3" catted downpipe coming for it, both from ZZP. Im looking at some tips and mufflers right now so that i can have the rest of the exhaust done at the same time. Im also going to be running one step colder plugs, larger wires and attempt to isolate my intake from the motor. I'll get some pics when the stuff comes in :)

Geoff