The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
MY91GT(Z)

Re: The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

i have a ported blower complete with tb and all sensor with 3.3 modular pulley already on it if your interested. also have a full slp exhaust i can take apart and ship it to you for 225 plus shipping it lil dirty but all s.s. 2.5 exhaust from catback. i also ran autolite 104 spark plugs for yrs on my car and never had any problems( would highly reccomend them) I. also have a set of msd wires looking to get rid of for 40 n would ship them with the exhaust at no charge. also have home tb heat shield made from s.s. is a lil bigger then store bought one thats offer on pfyc.com. Just got sick of the grand prix after 8 yrs and looking to step up to ws6 in spring.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Still confused on why you picked this car up before selling the Beretta if your intentions were to end up with only two cars... Now as you noted you still have three and you seem to be putting quite a bit of money into this one. Did you just get tired of the Beretta or was the Quad wearing on you and you just wanted something new?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Shane, how much for the blower and t/b setup? I have the exhaust parts just need them on, doing a 3" catback split into dual 2.5"s. Plugs im gonna do the 104s and i found some 10.5mm wires im gonna be running.

Jon, it was a combination of everything. My biggest thing was that i dumped so much money into the car, and was tired of still running 15.5s with it. With this car, atleast i can get off the shelf parts and have all kinds of fun with it. I mean, out of the box, its faster then I ever hoped the GTZ to be, even turboed. Plus, this car will be way more reliable with the boost. And, ive always wanted a GTP :D Also, i only have two cars right now. Just the GTP and the Lumina. When the GTZ sold, that was my third car.

On another note, this came today :D

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

you bought the quick pulley replacement nozzle as well? Nice! will be easier to go lower. And GTP have their limits before becoming money pit, Around 13.5-13.7 after that you will put a Shitload of money to be faster.

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

LX9Power wrote:you bought the quick pulley replacement nozzle as well? Nice! will be easier to go lower. And GTP have their limits before becoming money pit, Around 13.5-13.7 after that you will put a Shitload of money to be faster.
Yep. But still can buy parts off the shelf. That is also my biggest dislike about owning a Beretta.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Z26_T wrote:
LX9Power wrote:you bought the quick pulley replacement nozzle as well? Nice! will be easier to go lower. And GTP have their limits before becoming money pit, Around 13.5-13.7 after that you will put a Shitload of money to be faster.
Yep. But still can buy parts off the shelf. That is also my biggest dislike about owning a Beretta.
Thats my biggest like about a Beretta... Your always unique in getting faster. ;)

I have a Subaru, I hate the off the shelf aftermarket, it's stupid expensive and everyone's done it, I just feel its way too easy to go fast with it. I guess I just like a challenge.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

3X00-Modified wrote:I guess I just like a challenge.
And now we all know the reason for the pink car! :friends:

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yeah, but as unique as she was, after spending over $7500 on it and realizing i was pretty much where i started, just with a rebuilt motor and rims, i go tired of running in place. 8.5 years was a long time to be devoted to her, and we had a good run, but it was time for something new.

On a side note, got the tips ordered, and thinkin about running these with the Pacesetter 3" mandrel bent cat back:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2-Magnaflow-Stai ... ~60_12.JPG

Prolly gonna run a 3rd one as a resonator to help tune the sound down. Im hoping it sounds pretty good, as its hard to make these cars not sound like ass in the high end.

Geoff
DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Nice replacement. I would have left some type of badging somewhere to separate it from the everyday of the mill Grand Prix out there. Something like a small print "supercharged" badge from a SS/SC.

Sure did clean up nice :)

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

DOHC_tuner wrote:Nice replacement. I would have left some type of badging somewhere to separate it from the everyday of the mill Grand Prix out there. Something like a small print "supercharged" badge from a SS/SC.

Sure did clean up nice :)
I have a few of those small Supercharged Buick trunk badges around here somewhere! lol

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Wivm1014

Post by Wivm1014 »

If someone came to me with that exact car and or condition I'd trade my Z in no time. I love those cars and don't why but damn nice car

1996 Z26 Red, CAI, otherwise stock, 13x,xxx miles
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Naw im gonna leave her debadged. I like the clean look ;) But thanks anyways man :)

So Ive heard a few vids with the Magna's and i think for the extra $30 i will just run the oval mufflers. I will see how loud it is and then go from there.

On another note, i got the downpipe today and got it installed. Im very happy with how it turned out, and it looks great! Even opened up alot of room under there. My only complaint is the hooks for the rubber donuts are really long but i was take care of those next time im at my dads.

Outta the box and lookin good!

Old Vs New:

Gonna put the order in for the mufflers, 10.5 plug wires, and hopfully the rest of the exhaust this weekend. I cant wait to get this part of the mods done. This weekend im gonna see about getting the pulley on as well :)

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

The old one doesn't have a flex joint. Why does the new one?

keep'em flying!
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

The flex joint on the old one is right at the flange where it bolts to the manifold.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yes, Ron is correct. Its built into that ugly budging point right at the flange, its just got a shield over it.

So the tips made it in today :D
Attachments
0914121834.jpg
0914121833.jpg

Geoff