The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Gtzman

Re: The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Vid Pg5

Post by Gtzman »

It's got 205k?!

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yup! All highway miles.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So i finally had the car cleaned up enough to do a small photo shoot with it last week. People can finally see the new headlights, tail lights and better pics of the back end with the new exhaust. Havent really done much with her other than those few things, but work is slowing down and money needs to be used for bills.

Heres a few

Rest of the pics can be found here:
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/90GTZHO/00%20GTP/

Geoff
Rettax3

Re: The GTZ's Replacement 00 GTP, Photoshoot PG 6!

Post by Rettax3 »

:good: Wow! Great looking car. I had a 4-door '01 for a little while recently, just a 170hp J-code 3100 (3400s did not make it into the Grand Prixs of this era), but it actually pulled pretty hard. I would've put it up against my old Z-26 any day, despite the 3400 intake I had on it. Very nice driving car, too. I picked up a fully-loaded Chrysler 300M with the 250+hp 3.5L H.O., and came out ~$1500 richer for the efforts, I'm just not certain I'll keep that car either. I almost want that GP back now, after looking at yours...
I'm sorry to hear about all of the unpleasant events hitting your life right now, and it is too bad you decided to move on from your GTZ, but I'm still glad you are on the board.

These 3800s are very tough engines, one of the reasons I don't mind the iron heads -they don't warp, ever %) okay, almost never.
I'm still running the stock pulley on mine in the GTU, but I am also running 9.4:1 compression, vs 8.5:1, so I'll stick with the 3.8". :roll:
Pushing to 9.1:1 cr with the smaller pulley sounds aggressive, but I doubt you'll have any issues with it, and the stock L67 internals are really over-built for stock anyway. The crank was re-balanced due to the added weight of the heavier-duty connecting rods, if that tells you anything.
With what you've already done to this car, headers would be a good addition. On the rear bank, it is almost redundant, but that front log... Well, we all have our opinions, don't we? :wink: But chalk me up for the "headers, yes please" group. Especially with the blower on top, it is worth while.
The early Northstar engines use a 76mm TB that almost bolts itself onto the M90, just turn it upside down, two of three mounting holes line right up.
I test-fitted this N* TB on the 3800 in my GTU during my build, but I didn't want to tune for it at the time, so it is still residing in my trunk.
I test-fitted this N* TB on the 3800 in my GTU during my build, but I didn't want to tune for it at the time, so it is still residing in my trunk.
I thought the same thing you said regarding the tips -they stick out a little too far, especially with the otherwise de-badged "sleeper" effect of your car, but they are a beautiful match otherwise. And I, for one, like your cloth interior better than the leather option -it is lighter-weight for the track, too.

Well, congrats on the car, I'm sure she'll be another good car for you.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

Are there any updates?????

-1995 Chevy Beretta Base *SOLD*
-1998 Chevy Silverado 4x4
-2016 Chevy Silverado Z71
-2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1995 Chevy Beretta Base - 3100 V6 w/ 284,000 and still kickin'.
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

No real updates as of yet. Sorry, almost forgot about this thread lol. I have it in mind to get a 24" resonator installed, and at the same time have the tips pulled back under the bumper another inch. Im prolly gonna.be painting the wheels soon too. I cant stand the silver powdercoat anymore. Ill have something more interesting to report soon. Im wanting to do something with the intake. Gonna try and push more cold air into that filter. Oh, i did mod the fogs, so now i have way more light output. Ill get pics of that up here soon.

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

This is what happens when you remove the upper light deflector and stick some unfrosted bulbs in these housings. The light output on the ground is awesome! Lights up the sides of the roads and all, Much better visibility.

Before with just the deflectors removed and frosted bulbs:

After with the deflectors gone and unfrosted bulbs:

Im trying to save up for an intercooler kit, but times are tough and i still have the Beretta to get up and running. I'll update more as things happen, but for now, its just the little things. Im prolly gonna be painting the wheels within the next couple weeks or so.

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I did forget to say that back in September I did have to do a tranny change on the car. My original one survived to 209k miles and served me well. I have it as a spare for now to get a hellacious build so i not only have a back up, but have a stout trans to go with it. I dont have a whole lot of pics from the swap but i can post what i have.

Unhooked (mostly)

Out and ready

Old broke trans. Busted the forward band, otherwise okay.

Motor looks funny all by itself

Back in

Those are all the pics i have on it.

Keep checkin back.

Geoff
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

Def need some wheels

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yeah im working on that one. Lots of deals on nice wheels around here. Just no money for them. And if there is, its been going to the Beretta.

Geoff
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

nice solid 18's black with a polished lip will look great

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Thats what i have on the search for ;-) Black wheels and polished lips always looks great on gold cars :-)

Geoff
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

This car is awesome! I like the color, the engine on it, and that it's a coupe. I've rode in a buddy's supercharged Grand Prix awhile back, and these cars definitely pull hard. I guess it helps that I'm a big fan of the W-body.