Need Advice/Help

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Dickie

Need Advice/Help

Post by Dickie »

Hello, everyone. I am brand new to this board, and hope you guys can help me. I just recently found a 1990 Beretta GTZ in a barn in Wisconsin. Let me start by saying that my first car was a Maroon 1990 Beretta GTZ. It was in an accident in 1998, and was totalled. I bought this project car thinking I would fix it up and make it beautiful. Well, this might be more of a project than I expected. I got the drivetrain roadworthy. The interior is intact, but needs original seats, steering column (has Corsica column in it now), dash board, etc. The body needs a lot of work (front bumper, spoiler, ground effects, paint). I have a large budget for this project, but I don't have a lot of time. I would rather buy a car that is in good condition than hassle with this one. I would appreciate any recommendations of a shop near Chicago that might take on this project, or if I should just part the car out and look for something else. I will post pics when I get a chance. If anyone has/knows of a 1990 GTZ in good condition for sale, I am an eager buyer.

Thanks in advance!

scd88ga

Re: Need Advice/Help

Post by scd88ga »

There's this car, but it is also a project. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/c ... 80821.html

ErichZ26 on here is in Chicago too and he owns a NICE maroon 90 GTZ and a couple other Beratta's and he should be able to give you recommendations on where to take yours and/or help you with some of the parts you need.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

Thanks alot! I will try to get in touch with ErichZ26.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I'm not sure any shop is going to want to "restore a Beretta". I think that you have two options:
- Build it back to good yourself.
- Sell it as is and hope to break even / profit.

There is just not enough money in these cars for a shop to want to get anywhere near it as a project car. But Erich does know a lot of people! It can't hurt to contact him.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

shops don't care, as long as they get they money! depends how good of a job you specify as well... i'm sure they would cut a lot of corners if you said "just do you what you need to do"

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Perhaps I mis-read, I was under the impression that he may have wanted to sell the car to a shop for them to fix up and resell while he bought another car in better condition.

If that's not the case, just do some Googling and you'll find a shop with a good Rep to do the work.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

Thanks for the advice, guys.