should i get a corsi?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
themadness

should i get a corsi?

Post by themadness »

found a 96 corsica on CL for 2k with 109k miles on the dial. the ad says it was a govt car and it has zero problems. how do the corsicas compare in driving experience to the beretta?

Money pit Beretta

Re: should i get a corsi?

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Really I'd say it's about the same. What you need to check on is the springs. Could be the soft ones. Is it in good shape? Hope it's a V6.

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Re: should i get a corsi?

Post by Rettax3 »

I really like the hatch-back Corsicas offered earlier in the production run. I've rarely been in a Corsi, but they seemed about the same as a Beretta, maybe slightly harder to get into with the smaller doors, but then they fit into a cramped parking space a bit easier too... Government/fleet/rental cars concern me -the drivers don't own them and typically don't care about how they are treated. On the other hand, they usually get routine maintenance and regular inspections, so that can be more than a trade-off. As for the car itself, I like how the hood almost has a 'cowl induction' look to it, albeit subtle, I just don't like the straight-edge look across the top of the headlights/grill. I also think the newer-style interior suits the Corsi better than the Beretta, and I personally have nothing against bench-seats. Too bad all the later ones were automatics...

I say take a look at it, see if it sparks with you. It better be in really good shape for that price though.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26