Reproduction dew strips. Please read and please vote.

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.

Would you be interested in reproduction dew strips?

1. Yes for one set only.
37%
2. Yes and more then one set. (2 or more)
41%
3. No
No votes
4. Depends on price.
22%

Total votes: 51

NJ93TY

Re: Reproduction dew strips. Please read and please vote.

Post by NJ93TY »

So it looks like we are close to possibly 50 sets of strips. I talked with my guy and he is going to try and get me a price. In the meantime if anyone wants to vote please do. Thanks to everyone who has already voted!

themixer

Post by themixer »

i hope people have cash behind the clicks

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That will be a first... I've tried to do a few things like this group buy and when it comes around to putting up the money that's typically where it dies... OR simply if it's going to be over $100... I see that as a typical ceiling on this forum. And it's the exact reason why we don't have as many parts for these cars as we could.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

3X00-Modified wrote:That will be a first... I've tried to do a few things like this group buy and when it comes around to putting up the money that's typically where it dies... OR simply if it's going to be over $100... I see that as a typical ceiling on this forum. And it's the exact reason why we don't have as many parts for these cars as we could.
Absolute truth there. It is sad, but the fact is that these cars have little monetary value, even in good shape. It is hard for most people to throw down cash on something that has no real return, except the ability to spend a lot of frustrating time trying to put parts like this into the car that is probably going to fight the whole way so that one small piece can finally look good again.
I can honestly say that I would love a stack of good fuzzies for my cars, but it isn't at the top of my list to buy, nor is it at the top of my list to spend my time installing right now. Will I buy a set (or three, or five)? Pricing will tell, as it always does. This isn't a Lamborghini-owners' website, after all. :wink:

What I don't get is why the fuzzies are so unique on the Berettas -with all the resources GM had at the time, why bother designing something so peculiar when it would have been just as easy to utilize another off-the-shelf component from another vehicle... :unknown:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

I need the fuzzies! I want the fuzzies! Give us the fuzzies!

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

I was able to get 40+ sets of Eibach springs reproduced simply by taking pre-orders. It can be done!

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

For something already designed and they had the tooling to make them yeah 40 people will do it... I'm still very skeptical that we will have enough people to make it affordable or even happen, but that's just because I've already tried dealing with companies about this.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

DanteGTZ wrote:I was able to get 40+ sets of Eibach springs reproduced simply by taking pre-orders. It can be done!

The Eibach group buy was very well done, the timing couldn't have been better and extremely well documented and executed. But as Jon pointed out, they were dealing with a product that would have required very little if any extra engineering.

In fact, if I was calling the shots at Eibach, I would have made 100 sets and re-listed them in the catalogue for all it would have cost them with 40 sets pre-paid and guaranteed.

Still well done, however this dew strip thing is a whole different animal.

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
SuperLbody

Post by SuperLbody »

Mine don't need replacing currently, but I'd have no problem throwing down if this is a serious endeavor to have the option available.

speedy

Post by speedy »

Im in for s set.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

CorvetteBeretta wrote:I need the fuzzies! I want the fuzzies! Give us the fuzzies!
Bud, if your signature pic is anywhere close to recent, you need the paint! :P That's okay though, so do I. At least your 'Retta has already gotten primered, my Teal Indy is almost more correctly called a Brown-and-Grey Indy! :beer: I'm not too interested in replacing window fuzzies until I get ready for paint anyway, and hopefully Jon is still willing to help with the (custom) decals I need, but it would be good to have fuzzies ready for that time, I say. Okay, I am done with speculation until (and if) I see an actual price-tag on these things, and an estimate on availability...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
yellow3800

Post by yellow3800 »

I need another black set. I'll buy two black sets because I'll modify them for my CL strips with that aluminum center... maybe. now that I think of it, it needs more help than just rubber.

What about finding the next closest car company [JC whitney 1990s camaro comes to mind] making dew strips for the camaro or something?

I'd like to know what has been tried and maybe I can work from that point instead of burning time with something thats already been done.

How about a custom hot rod company giving reference to us for what we should do to replace this part?

I cast two votes for them now in total.

Andy <-- about to paint another beretta, wants dew strips!

CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

Rettax3 wrote:
CorvetteBeretta wrote:I need the fuzzies! I want the fuzzies! Give us the fuzzies!
Bud, if your signature pic is anywhere close to recent, you need the paint! :P That's okay though, so do I. At least your 'Retta has already gotten primered, my Teal Indy is almost more correctly called a Brown-and-Grey Indy! :beer: I'm not too interested in replacing window fuzzies until I get ready for paint anyway, and hopefully Jon is still willing to help with the (custom) decals I need, but it would be good to have fuzzies ready for that time, I say. Okay, I am done with speculation until (and if) I see an actual price-tag on these things, and an estimate on availability...
I need to remove them to paint so it would be nice to have a new set to go back on

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Well crap, going to dig this up again. Need two sets bad as I'm tired of feeling a draft from both sides of the car. 3X00 what was the deal with the shipping? Can I have it sent to you or can they be sent to my work?

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have no clue, you would have to go to their site and see if they will ship to your address or not. My home address was not a valid ship to, but my work was. I don't know why...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"