Beretta Quest

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
davef81

Beretta Quest

Post by davef81 »

Hello all,
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is David and I am from the Chicago suburbs. When I was a kid my mom bought her first new car in decades - a white 1989 Beretta base model with maroon interior - in March of 1989. She traded in our family's 81 Caprice for it. It was always one of her favorite cars but after 4 years she realized it just wasn't a family car and traded it in for a 93 Aerostar. After all these years she still talks about that Beretta. Years ago I came across a file at my parents house with the sales paperwork she kept for that Beretta. I decided to surprise her for her 55th birthday and find the car for her. Unfortunately I found out it had been junked 2 months before I started my quest to find it :cry: Now, a year from her 70th birthday, I am brushing up on my Beretta knowledge in the hopes of finding a Beretta similar to the one she gave up for her family all those years ago. Wish me luck!

David

themixer

Re: Beretta Quest

Post by themixer »

keep us updated !

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

Wishing you luck finding that color combo in good shape. There is something called "search tempest" that searches nationwide,
all of Craigslist Ebay etc. You might want to give that a try.

OMGzirra

Post by OMGzirra »

It's a GTU and a manual but it's the right color combo.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/5759801245.html

davef81

Post by davef81 »

Thank you guys! I missed this one by a month but I'd have bought this one in a heart beat especially for $2K

http://m.ebay.com/itm/302064910770

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

That Garnet one was nice. Maybe contact the buyer, maybe he has buyer remorse.
And would sell it to you.
You trying to stay as close as possible to red & white?

davef81

Post by davef81 »

The exterior color I am trying not to be so picky about because I know finding a clean 87-90 for around/under $3K is going to be a challenge in itself. The interior though has to be maroon. And it has to be automatic. I'm sure the white base model with maroon interior was a very common combo at that time. I remember my mom really wanted black with maroon but there were no in the surrounding states so she settled for getting a dealer trade white with maroon. Looking back on that car I remember it was supposed to be the family vehicle as it replaced our Caprice and the year my parents bought it they planned a road trip in it. So here's 8 year old me and my 6'3" 18 year old brother crammed in the backseat of that Beretta on a road trip with our parents from Chicago to Ontario. No joke. I still remember how cramped that trip was even for a kid!!!

davef81

Post by davef81 »

For those interested below is the original invoice details for the car. I paid $50 for GM Archives to get this to me. Even though the car has long been junked it was still neat to get this. I also got ones for the Caprice and Cavalier that were in the family when I was a kid.

1989 Beretta 2-door coupe
White
Maroon Cloth Bucket
VIN 1G1LV1416KY128618
Base $10,575.00

Electric Rear Window Defogger $145.00

Automatic Transmission $490.00

Elec Tuned AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ SK & SC, cass tape, digital clk & ext range speakers $122.00

PEG 2 (HD battery, color keyed front & rear carpeted floor mats, aux lighting, A/C, elec speed control w/ resume, comfortilt steering wheel, intermittent wipers) $1,196.00

PEG 2 Savings -$1,000.00

Total w/ options $11,528

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

That Chicago GTU is sweet!
But then I'm a sucker for white Berettas.

Where's the Cack when you need him?

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.