Echoes71

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Money pit Beretta

Echoes71

Post by Money pit Beretta »

It is my sad news to report that Jeff has passed away. He was not able to tell when his blood sugar was low. He wrecked the purple Z26 because of this. It depressed him so much that he didn't want to talk of it here. Later he bought a red 96 Z26 that was just as nice.
Jeff was a very nice guy. His dad(with help) was able to track me down and call to say what happened. This was because Jeff was nice enough to put my name on the title to the red car. In this way it would give me a chance to get a better Beretta. It will be sold by his family to cover the funeral costs as I'm going to sign over the title.

A beretta lover till the day he died. Both cars made him very happy.

keep'em flying!
ifixalot

Re: Echoes71

Post by ifixalot »

I'm sorry for your loss. It's always sad when someone passes on.
I lost a sister, sister in law, cousin, and uncle, all in this past year.
Maybe you can post a link to the car when they sell it.

Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

I don't think I know who Jeff was by name. Perhaps I'd recognize the car(s) or a picture of him if he was on the Facebook groups. But I am sorry to hear that he has passed away. We've had a few in the Beretta family over the years who have gone while still young, and it's always a sad thing.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Man ifixalot you have had a bad year. I'll try to keep an eye out for it online. It's going to be sold by a small dealer that is owned by a repair shop that he went to. May get more info from his dad, just not sure.

Stencil: Don't know if he was on Facebook. Never came up, mostly because I'm not. He really didn't post much here, so you may not even know the car.

We didn't have too much contact. A few posts and a good amount of PM's(also a few calls). When we did get together it was to work on the cars. Talking for hours about everything was the norm. Going to miss having a local Beretta friend that was a truly nice person. Just can't over state that! Almost shocking these days to meet someone like that. There are lots of good people here. Its just hard to get close to someone online.

He was the type of person that you just wanted to help. His pride would only let you help when it had to be done. Jeff didn't know much about cars, but wanted to learn. What he did know is other good people that would help. Was going to set me up with shop that would paint my car for a very low price.

Not going to say this was a shock....just thought it would come later.

Thanks for the posts guys!

keep'em flying!