I'm back...

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
blklbl540

I'm back...

Post by blklbl540 »

Hey guys, it's been a few years since I've been around here.

I'm actually a VW guy now but had an '88 Beretta as my first car. I put a lot of time and hard work into it and had some pretty big plans for it (I had a turbo and was trying to figure out all the plumbing for it, and even toyed with the idea of shoehorning a 3.8 motor into it), but it was not meant to be. The car was totalled when someone thought it might be a good idea to pull into the middle of the road and stop. I hit the side of a Camry so hard I bent the roof. My car had $1500 worth of damage (including paint, which was stupid because it's not like the rest of the car had any) so they totalled it out for $1300.

Anywho, some dude came into my work looking for performance parts for a '93 and it got me wondering how things were going in the Beretta world. Like I said, I'm really a Dubber now but I still appreciate a clean Beretta and have not shunned the idea of owning another one.

So what's new? What are the trends these days?

Erst denken, dann lenken.
berettagt5spd

I'm back...

Post by berettagt5spd »

the trends these days seems to be selling your beretta or wrecking it and parting it out.  

-Tiff Baker
'94 Cavi Z24
'89 GT/U MySpace!
Jeff P

I'm back...

Post by Jeff P »

Hey Neat to see you visit.  More people are experimenting with turbos now, some people have put the 3800 Series II in, one has installed a 3800 Series III.  Norm is pretty much converting his '88 GT to a Corvette (engine, drivetrain, interior, suspension).  A LOT more people are installing the 3400 because prices have come down so much it's the best bang for the buck.  Rex sold his turboed GTZ but is still hanging around sharing his knowledge.  So yeah, some things have changed

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi