Car Meet Raid

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
1988GTU

Car Meet Raid

Post by 1988GTU »

I was reading about this little car gathering raid and it really annoys me that police actually did what they did.  

Link

_________
-------------
Retta88GT

Car Meet Raid

Post by Retta88GT »

That's what happens when you live in the Republik of Kalifornia.

It was only supposed to be a #3 decal on the back window....
SuzukiGhostRider

Car Meet Raid

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Yet more reasons for me to hate Cali. "Illegal Engine Modification"....***?!? And now hanging out is illegal with the business owner's permission? And where the hell do they get off searching cars w/o warrants? Looks like a highly illegal load of crap on the COP'S part this time. Get the ones being stupid, leave the majority alone ffs!   California burns me up man....
They ought to post a sign. "Now entering Communist California"

Wanako

Car Meet Raid

Post by Wanako »

This is perhaps the stupidest thing i have ever read. It makes me sad to live here.

This is BEYOND illegal on the police's part. That's abuse of power at it's absolute finest. If these enthusiasts have any kind of head on their shoulders they will fight the system.

I live in the Torrance area, got pulled over for "having a blown license plate light". She then threatened me about my exhaust and how it was "too loud". Yea.. my Flowmaster 40 series is "too loud". Meanwhile some biatch in a 240SX with a fart can ran by at least 20 above the limit.

I love cops... so much that I have developed a spider-sense for f**ckin' Crown Victorias.

lolwut

Car Meet Raid

Post by lolwut »

Wow.  It sounds like the police broke a few laws there just to catch some "law breakers".
And for what, all of $5 in revenue (once you cover the gas used by the police and the overtime pay they were getting to do this, that'll cover a judge's pay for 30 seconds to hear a bunch of contested tickets?
God bless Cah-lee-fon-eeya  

-Alan
6r8ph1X

Car Meet Raid

Post by 6r8ph1X »

This is a load of BS!!!!!!!!   I want to tell every single one of those cops to go hug a f'ing tree for goodness sakes! They wern't doing anything! why should they get punished!!!!!!!

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
bmac94

Car Meet Raid

Post by bmac94 »

Maybe next year we should host Beretta Fest there

blindmandesigns

Car Meet Raid

Post by blindmandesigns »

Good! I just read the article and I am glad they busted this up.

QUOTETwenty vehicles were impounded and towed – one found with a stolen engine and transmission, 14 for altered engine or transmission identification information, and four for drivers without a license.

You think a meet of 150 cars on a Friday night is just a bunch of teenage "car enthusiast" gathering around to just chat and not go out and race??? for some reason I really doubt it.

this is exactly what happens when the McDonalds mcnugget ricers meet in the parking lot around here. they meet, then go race then come back and talk about how "ill" that race was.

just a bunch of retarded ricers getting busted because they aren't smart enough to meet somewhere else besides a grocery store parking lot. Who cares.

payback

Car Meet Raid

Post by payback »

(blindmandesigns @ Apr. 06 2008,11:32)QUOTEGood! I just read the article and I am glad they busted this up.

QUOTETwenty vehicles were impounded and towed – one found with a stolen engine and transmission, 14 for altered engine or transmission identification information, and four for drivers without a license.

You think a meet of 150 cars on a Friday night is just a bunch of teenage "car enthusiast" gathering around to just chat and not go out and race??? for some reason I really doubt it.

this is exactly what happens when the McDonalds mcnugget ricers meet in the parking lot around here. they meet, then go race then come back and talk about how "ill" that race was.

just a bunch of retarded ricers getting busted because they aren't smart enough to meet somewhere else besides a grocery store parking lot. Who cares.
then the cops should set up a legit sting op and actually CATCH them, regardless of opinion of what they "might" be doing what the police did was wrong. the ticketed individuals should get together and class action the county or police department. i also think ALL car enthusiasts living in Cali should sue the state of Cali for rights infringement, as long as car mods are considered "50 state legal" then they are just that LEGAL.
i think street racing is stupid but i think the "law" doing unlawful things is wrong and even dumber.

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone
SuzukiGhostRider

Car Meet Raid

Wow, Blind, are you a Riverside cop? You sound just like them. Let's assume everything, gather NO proof, and break as many laws as we need to in order to make some illegitimate busts! Innocent until PROVEN guilty of some unlawful offense still means something to me! I bet your tune would be different had they done this to a Bfest gathering. I don't care if they were ricers or not..... they still had rights AND the business owner's permission. AND they were doing nothing illegal.....They still have their guaranteed civil rights, which, from what I can see, were definitely violated!  

blindmandesigns

Car Meet Raid

It does not say they had permission to be there and they have been meeting there before and racing on Friday nights.

QUOTERacers had been tearing up the streets for the past several Friday nights at Canyon Crossing, 6187 Valley Springs Parkway, Frasher said. The shopping center is within the Riverside city limits next to Moreno Valley. The crackdown was conducted by a multi-agency task force.

I am sure the businesses were sick of this going on and wanted it to stop but who is going to go out and get rid of 150 cars???

You cannot compare this to bfest because its not the same thing. Friday night meetings in shopping complexes where people go out and race are different from organized meets where you get permission to hold an event/meeting  

The reason why the stuck them with the ridiculous fines and citations is to break up these meets which always turn into street racing which puts people in danger especially when you got 150 plus people standing around egging each other on. this is going to send a better message then just pulling over 2 guys who were racing and have the whole group of people move to a new spot and continue that for the rest of the night.

Also Ive personally had 3 head units and other things stolen from 3 of my cars and I have a buddy who had his car stolen and gutted. it sucks! But when you hear about someone getting busted with stolen goods it makes you feel a little bit better that some POS got caught and the other "altered" serial numbers were probably ground off which cannot prove them to be stolen but it's a good indication.

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Car Meet Raid

Post by Rex 2.0 »

They should have found out where they were racing and busted them there. They have done that in Philly a couple of times.  They know where they race so they closed off the street and ticketed everyone.  Yes they probably were going to be street racing but you can't assume because some one has a car with modifications to it they are a street racer.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
SuzukiGhostRider

Car Meet Raid

I guess you didn't read my post OR the article Blindman. THEY HAD THE BUSINESS OWNERS' PERMISSION TO BE THERE! And last time I checked, parking lots are considered private property, so the cops had no authority whatsoever to do this, unless called,which they admitted they weren't. I know this to be true as when my car was hit and run last year, I was told because it happened on private property (ie, Allsups parking lot) there was less they could do about it. Also, what of the cop in charge telling the other officers if they saw anyone driving by the area who "looked" like they might have some violations under the hood or looked like the cars in the parking lot to direct them into it and cite them or pull them over and cite them? That sounds like profiling to me, and it's illegal as hell. I don't understand how you can be a "car guy" and agree with this crap. If they had caught 150 people street racing I wouldn't be saying a word. But they didn't ,nor were they raising any kind of ruckus or disturbing the peace, they were just chillin'......
I'm sorry you had stuff stolen from your car, but does that mean everyone who has a modded car should be punished to make you feel better because a couple of useless thugs stole from you?

blindmandesigns

Car Meet Raid

http://www.pe.com/localne....9b.html

QUOTE Neighboring business managers at Hooters Restaurant and John's Incredible Pizza are glad the problem was addressed. At times, they said, cars speed through their parking lots, threatening the safety of others and scaring away customers.

"They seek a big parking lot and ours is huge," said Jim Finigan, director of operations at John's Incredible Pizza.

He was seconded by Chris Guillet, manager of the Riverside Hooters Restaurant, who said problem drivers speed through his lot, barely avoiding collisions. While he was grateful for the police intervention, "I think it just moves the problem to another area," Guillet said.

6r8ph1X

Car Meet Raid

Post by 6r8ph1X »

(blindmandesigns @ Apr. 06 2008,13:40)QUOTE QUOTEIt does not say they had permission to be there and they have been meeting there before and racing on Friday nights.

dude, if you read, one of the guys there said that his auto club that went to the meet had permission from the hooters buisness, to use the parking lot that they were in.

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded