Keeping the GTZ.....

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Mr. Beefy

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by Mr. Beefy »

Well I'm keeping it now. There are a few reasons but #1 is $3.60/gal for regular gas. I tested city driving and god damn, 10.9 mpg in the truck is not cutting the mustard. Now obviously the GTZ takes a higher grade gas but premium is about $3.89/gal at worst around me, but it gets at worst 30mpg and best of about 38-40mpg highway.

Another reason... things are getting really bad at work. They are laying people off left and right. I get an email from my boss telling me that I need to go up there(as well as the other field techs) to have a physical count of our inventory done on the 29th. We have NEVER had to do this before. Then I get an email today saying that all the field techs and the helpdesk are REQUIRED to go to a meeting on Friday with Human Resources. This again is something that NEVER happened before. Hell when I was hired I never spoke to anyone in HR. This means one of  3 things IMO.......
1..... they are laying some of us off,
2..... they are cutting our pay
3..... they are laying a lot of people off and are requiring our 'help' to get it done and done quietly

The thing that gets me is it's on Friday. This company is notorious for having people come in for work Friday and then telling them not to come back. Pisses me off even more cause it's 2 hours NORTH of me where I have to go. Then I have to deal with 3 hours of traffic driving home. Anyone who drives the Parkway north of the Driscoll bridge knows what I'm talking about.

Add to this my grandfather passing away yesterday. I'm sending a nice boquet of flowers cause I cant make it to Florida by tomorrow. I had to have my wife call cause I couldnt even look through the arangements on their website without getting upset and choked up.  

The only good that will come of all this is the GTZ is going to stay with me and get fixed up so I can use it as my DD.  

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
speedygtz

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by speedygtz »

well im glad to see your going to fix it, but now your going to have one hell of a time trying to sell the bronco should you decide too. good luck.

the z26 is on the road!
Mr. Beefy

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by Mr. Beefy »

I may keep the Bronco too and use it as the tow rig/winter beater(if there is such a thing as winter anymore)/all purpose 4x4. Just lower the insurance on it. And around here....... a truck with working 4x4 will have no problems selling, if I were to sell it.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
speedygtz

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by speedygtz »

damit, i was thinking of buying the z for a running quad, lol. no,i couldnt do that, but good luck with your choice, i hope all works out for you bro.

the z26 is on the road!
weba

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by weba »

Hoorray for the extended life of GTZ

I miss my 2.2 every time i fill up for 150usd+ these days, 3.1 auto is killing me...

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
SuzukiGhostRider

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Filled up the GT for the first time today. First FULL tank that is. $39 to fill her at $3.89 a gallon for Premium.....  Even with the slightly built engine and mods, I'm still getting 22-23 around town in a v-6. Beats 16mpg in town with my 5.4L!

michi

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by michi »

Cool to see that you keepin your gtz now, i would say its the best way to drive cheap and have some fun

I'm sorry about your grandfather.

MY91GT(Z)

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

sorry to hear bout ur grandfather and i feel ur pain drivin big truck as it cost me 90-100 a wk to drive to work and thats y i cant wait to get my car on the road hopefully next wk sometime

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
Mr. Beefy

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by Mr. Beefy »

(SuzukiGhostRider @ May 20 2008,04:16)QUOTEFilled up the GT for the first time today. First FULL tank that is. $39 to fill her at $3.89 a gallon for Premium.....  Even with the slightly built engine and mods, I'm still getting 22-23 around town in a v-6. Beats 16mpg in town with my 5.4L!
You must have the smaller gas tank then cause I have a 14 gallon in the corsica and it costs about $50 to fill at $3.60/gallon regular.  And I WISH that I got 16mpg in town with my truck. 10 is where it's at.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am going to keep the truck too for now cause it's nice to have a truck for fun and to use for the big jobs that you cant fit in the Beretta/Corsica(which is just about everything ). We'll see what happens with work too. I have a feeling I may just be overreacting on the job but I see how things have been and I know some inside stuff that's going on down the line so I know how the company does things. Cuts always happen on a Friday. I'm just pissed that I have to drive  North and then back South later in the day on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. It's a NIGHTMARE getting to my house then cause I live at the shore and people all come down here. If I cant leave Morris Plains by 3pm, I will be sitting in 3+ hours of traffic just to get home.  Going to push my boss to have the meeting earlier.

Edit: I guess I'm just blowing it out of proportion cause I just got an email from my boss and in it they say it's "to announce the subject policies and reserve time for Q&A." Still doesnt sound too good. Oh well. They say it's only going to be about 1 hour so we'll see.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
95Z26beretta

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by 95Z26beretta »

great to see that ur keeping the GTZ, atleast we know it will be having a good home. not alot of us who can probably afford to keep driving trucks to work everyday

1992 Quasar Quad GTZ
2004 F150 FX4 Edition
SuzukiGhostRider

Keeping the GTZ.....

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

(sousa632 @ May 20 2008,07:24)QUOTE
(SuzukiGhostRider @ May 20 2008,04:16)QUOTEFilled up the GT for the first time today. First FULL tank that is. $39 to fill her at $3.89 a gallon for Premium.....  Even with the slightly built engine and mods, I'm still getting 22-23 around town in a v-6. Beats 16mpg in town with my 5.4L!
You must have the smaller gas tank then cause I have a 14 gallon in the corsica and it costs about $50 to fill at $3.60/gallon regular.  And I WISH that I got 16mpg in town with my truck. 10 is where it's at.
Nah, 13.6 gallon tank, but it only needed 10 gallons and that filled it right to the top of the filler neck.