Computer is dead...

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
blindmandesigns

Computer is dead...

Post by blindmandesigns »

Here is the issue. I have had my self built computer for a little over 2 years. The power supply on it went bad about 2 weeks ago. I went away and the computer was fine and come back an hour later to find it running EXTREMELY slow. (screen refresh rate was about 3 seconds) windows weren't opening. CTRL ALT DEL did nothing... I turned it off and left it off with it plugged into the wall but turned the switch on the power supply itself off. I go to turn it on the next day... NOTHING. completely dead. Upon closer inspection I can smell the PSU has died/fried. I go pick up a new PSU... take it home install it. turn the computer on while the case was still open and it tries to kick on for a split second then kicks off. the small red light on my MOBO is lit like it's supposed to be when turned off. when I hit the power button the green one comes on and the CPU fan starts but it does the same thing and turns off... any suggestions on what is wrong besides what I fear that my MOBO is fried??

The PSU was a coolermaster also that kicked out...

gar187er

Computer is dead...

Post by gar187er »

does your bios start?!

if no:
CPU, mobo would be the culprits (maybe memory, but they usuually dont fry when a PSU goes)

if yes and windows just doesnt load:
it took out a hard drive and whatever else was on that same rail.....

what model coolmaster went out on you? and did you buy to replace it?

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
blindmandesigns

Computer is dead...

Post by blindmandesigns »

Nothing starts including the BIOS I really think my MOBO bit the dust.  a bad CPU wouldn't make the BIOS not load correct... I am talking I turn it on and it turns off in a split second... the CPU fan will spin for 1/2 second then its off.  I am not sure of the exact model of the PSU but it was a 400watt and I bought a 480 watt I beleive to replace it.  

This is a major PITA... No money and I used that computer to make some side cash (ebay, freelance projects.   )

Decipha

Computer is dead...

Post by Decipha »

i know this may sound dumb but try 'tapping' on the power switch to turn it on instead of pressing it... you may be surprised

sounds to me like a chipset problem

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
yellow3800

Computer is dead...

Post by yellow3800 »

yeah, try that.  And if all else fails, try removing everythign and putting it on the bench and test each item one by one.  its duanting to do for what was an already running system.  been there.  Maybe the problem will occur on the bench, motherboard removed from the case.  

good luck.

Andy

wicked-irocz

Computer is dead...

Post by wicked-irocz »

I had the same problem, it was my processor.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo