your beretta!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Godlike

your beretta!

Post by Godlike »

I got my gt in highschool in 99.  day 2 it got me pulled over for speeding.  I was crasy with that car... burnouts, street racing, high speed 180s, and I used to find roads where I could catch air at 120.  
My gtz I bought for 1500 w/ the 50hp dryshot.  outside was clean.  inside smelled like weed. and I found a pipe under the shift boot.
And a few summers ago I was suffering from car-depression w/ the motor out of the gtz, and no trans in my integra, so I had to use my 69 impala as a daily driver.  It wouldn't start one night at work so my boss gave me a ride home.  In the morning I got the car started and drove 5 blocks to a car lot and bought a Z26.  That week I put my 17's on it, got an alpine stereo w/ a 12" sub, added blacked out tail lights and a week after that I was at bfest columbus.

90' GTZ 189whp NA 14.00@99 / 237whp 50 shot 13.3@104
95' Integra 240whp / 04' Z71 Tahoe/ 85' K20/ 15' IS350 Fsport
projects: 86 Bonneville 6.0 swap / MkIII Supra 2J swap / 91 Volvo 740
blaster1812

your beretta!

Post by blaster1812 »

I picked up my GTZ a yr ago with 215,000 km. It was a two owner car it was the dudes daily driver until he bought a new car. He was planning to trade the car into the dealer but they said the wholesaler would probably just part it out so he opted to sell it privately. I found it on the internet while browsing looking at random cars and randomly came across the beretta one night and went to see it the following week. Right now car is self-destructing on me and mostly likely will cost a few g's to fix but i'm willing to spend the money...

b_pappy

your beretta!

Post by b_pappy »

Looks like at least one other original owner on here. It was January 12, 1990 when I stopped in at Clippinger in Covina. Young salesman, I liked the white GTZ. We talked, took it for a drive, maybe scared him a bit.  I liked the car, and it was a bit more suited to daily driver duties than my Vega wagon with a 383 stroker and my old Volkswagen. He gave me a price that no one could touch. January 16 I went back and bought it. It has been a fantastic car, outlasting many others that have come and gone in the past 18 years. My son learned to drive on it, and I promised it to him when it was time. He came of age, joined the Military and called and said "Dad, I need the car, Camp Pendelton is a big place". I knew that day was coming. I looked at my wife, frowned (maybe even shed a tear) and she agreed, "fine, go buy him a new car" So my son got a new Cavalier and I kept the GTZ. I keep thinking I should sell, have even half heartedly offered it here, but deep down this car is just special, and it has never left me stranded. Recently an odd die cast lever in the ignition broke and side lined the car. No longer available from GM, this really ticked me off. This was not going to be the part that took my Beretta off the road. 1988GTU came through with a used part and all is well. My friends from Corvette forum were scoffing at "Beretta.net" not understanding the cars following. They were impressed when you guys came through for me. All I can say is thank you 1988GTU and Beretta.net. Yeah, even though I've raced Willow Springs in my Corvette at 164 MPH, I still love my GTZ. Weird. There's my long winded story. Thanks guys.
Bruce

pghturbo88

your beretta!

Post by pghturbo88 »

(b_pappy @ Apr. 18 2008,20:58)QUOTELooks like at least one other original owner on here. It was January 12, 1990 when I stopped in at Clippinger in Covina. Young salesman, I liked the white GTZ. We talked, took it for a drive, maybe scared him a bit.  I liked the car, and it was a bit more suited to daily driver duties than my Vega wagon with a 383 stroker and my old Volkswagen. He gave me a price that no one could touch. January 16 I went back and bought it. It has been a fantastic car, outlasting many others that have come and gone in the past 18 years. My son learned to drive on it, and I promised it to him when it was time. He came of age, joined the Military and called and said "Dad, I need the car, Camp Pendelton is a big place". I knew that day was coming. I looked at my wife, frowned (maybe even shed a tear) and she agreed, "fine, go buy him a new car" So my son got a new Cavalier and I kept the GTZ. I keep thinking I should sell, have even half heartedly offered it here, but deep down this car is just special, and it has never left me stranded. Recently an odd die cast lever in the ignition broke and side lined the car. No longer available from GM, this really ticked me off. This was not going to be the part that took my Beretta off the road. 1988GTU came through with a used part and all is well. My friends from Corvette forum were scoffing at "Beretta.net" not understanding the cars following. They were impressed when you guys came through for me. All I can say is thank you 1988GTU and Beretta.net. Yeah, even though I've raced Willow Springs in my Corvette at 164 MPH, I still love my GTZ. Weird. There's my long winded story. Thanks guys.
Bruce
Great story, Bruce, and pass on our best to your son for his service to our country. ÂÂÂ

How many miles on your car?  What kind of shape is it in?  Pics?  I just washed and waxed the Beretta today, and it is killing me that I will be unable to attend Bfest up in Niagara in June.  Kind of like "all dressed up and nowhere to go."

1988 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible 2.2L Turbo (Original Owner)
1989 Beretta GT 2.8L (Original Owner)
1996 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L
2009 Honda Accord EX Sedan 2.4L (Original Owner)
Asylum

your beretta!

Post by Asylum »

I bought my '92 GT Brand New. (It's now the 3500)

I bought the '91 Quad in California last June. Flew down and drove it home.

That was actually my second California trip in less than a year.

I bought a '94 Z26 and drove it home in October 2006. I have since sold that car to Rodney (3400Beretta)

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
b_pappy

your beretta!

Post by b_pappy »

(pghturbo88 @ Apr. 19 2008,19:44)QUOTEGreat story, Bruce, and pass on our best to your son for his service to our country.  

How many miles on your car?  What kind of shape is it in?  Pics?  I just washed and waxed the Beretta today, and it is killing me that I will be unable to attend Bfest up in Niagara in June.   Kind of like "all dressed up and nowhere to go."
Thanks, on both counts. I'll let my son know. The car has around 94,xxx miles. This year it will probably get repainted and the front seats re-done.  Otherwise it's in very nice condition, just showing some signs that 18 year old cars show.
Bruce

n00b20

your beretta!

Post by n00b20 »

i saw mine parked at some half a$$ dealership and had to have it (been wanting one since i saw my brothers). saved up the money and bought it.

"We were ALL noobs once. Forget where you came from and you forget how valuable your knowledge is to those who are now where you once were."
Beretta Z26

your beretta!

Post by Beretta Z26 »

Got mine while loading a scrap trailer,  I noticed it just in time cause the owner was about to load it up when i told him that i would give him scrap price for it and 200$ later it sits at my house safe and sound, never to see a junkyard

MR. JEFF
Da-Funk

your beretta!

Post by Da-Funk »

well I had been looking for a car for the past year and I had looked a 3 Berettas th first one was a base 2.2 5-speed being sold by a drug dealer so I didn't buy it (wonder why)

the 2nd one a looked at was a 94 GT V6 5 speed drove 2.5 hours to look at it and it was crap it was all rusty

the 3rd and final one was last febuary it was and still is a 1992 red GTZ quad four 5 speed i got for the amazing price of
(drum roll) $500!! it runs fine and I am currently trying to get a $400 down payment for insurence oh and it almost rust free (fenders and quarters)

martino

your beretta!

Post by martino »

hey i just got my 89' GT two weeks ago and i saw it on craigslist and had to get it cuase i always wanted one and said to myself when i was little i would keep one if i got one no matter what and now i have one and its killing me cuase it wont hold a charge..but anyways it beautiful to me but needs work but its my car to bring from the ground up my way...i will post some pics soon..

*********************************************1989 Chevy Beretta GT