your beretta!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
speedygtz

your beretta!

Post by speedygtz »

hey,

i was bored and wondered how everyone got to know there beretta where you found it and what made you buy it.

i bought my beretta off my cousin.he was going to scrap the car and didnt really do much with it for 2-4 years. i paid scrap price for it got it running and fell in love with it from there!

the z26 is on the road!
93gt--z

your beretta!

Post by 93gt--z »

My sister had her gtz for a few years, and I was looking for a car(not a retta in paticular)...Her's was having problems, so we were looking for another retta for her for the time being. Was talking to friend who owns speed shop in town, and he said he knew someone selling a retta..Went and looked at it, found out it was a 93quasar gt w/5speed. We originally planned on buying it for her, but I just had to have it for myself...lol.

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap
blindmandesigns

your beretta!

Post by blindmandesigns »

1988 GT bought it back in February of 2001 located 1 mile from my house with 149xxx on it drove it to 198,xxx until the tranny was dead... became a parts car. Originally was looking for a cavalier but most were out of my price range at the time (2nd gens)

1996 Black Z26  Was sick of my celebrity so I skipped school one day with an autolocater in hand and went and looked for some.  found none (was going to get a GTZ with 70,000 on it but was sold the day before for 1800

1991 GTZ quad 4 Was sick of the Z26 and ******* automatic transmission and found a GTZ in Maryland for sale.  Went and bought it after I test drove it a few days before... still own the GTZ

1992 Quazar GTZ has a rebuilt motor almost perfect interior (mint now after my restoration) Problems, heatercore leaked, rear filler panel cracked, tail light stubs broken off, some rust spots water leak in the firewall that made a pond All have been fixed/replaced and the car is beautiful... 300 bucks... cheapest beretta I bought and runs better then any of the others I paid over a grand for.

89GTZ

your beretta!

Post by 89GTZ »

My dad bought my car for me.

89GT(Z)
15.904@85.15 - many years ago
Obsessedw/Berettas

your beretta!

Post by Obsessedw/Berettas »

Nice topic.

I wanted a Beretta badly, and I made sure everyone knew this. One day my girlfriend (at the time) called me up and said that in the newspaper, there was an ad that said something like "1992 Chevrolet Beretta, 71k original miles, 1 owner. $1,650."

Me and grandma went and looked at it, decided it was a POS, and returned home. Before we went and looked at it I called my grandpa and told him about it.

Later on that evening my uncle comes in and tells me that him and my grandpa bought that Beretta for me that very day.

Grandpa was even nice enough to take care of all the car's many issues before it was given to me.  

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis
90INDYLIN

your beretta!

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Oiginal INDY was bought in the Wis. Dells during a Labor Day weekend, looked at it and decided to stay and test drive it..manual, V-6...loved it and traded our 85 Somerset...auto ..for it--1990.  In 2000 we were looking for a replacement, but not much in American cars. Aug. 2000 went to Super Chevy Show, saw this one for sale, gave bid and were told not enough for a car stored nine and a half yrs. and only 165 mi.  Left our phone no. and left, that nite they called and asked if we were still interested..delivered it Sun morning. Have showed it at every Super Chevy Show ever since. Sold our original Indy to our son in 2000.

arrival

Fisher Four

Showtime

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
zach82

your beretta!

Post by zach82 »

I bought my 94 from a dealership in 1999 for $5000.  It had 74,000 miles on it exactly when I got it.  I actually had it for a full weekend test drive before I decided to get it.  I really didn't like it much at first, but it grew on me over time.

The Beretta served as my daily driver from November 1999 until May 2003, hasn't been driven at all since June 2003; currently sitting in a garage half gutted out with 114,000 miles on it.

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net
BerettaLove32

your beretta!

Post by BerettaLove32 »

My dad bought my beretta back in 93 for himself. He drove it until it hit around 97K and I turned 16. He bought a new car and gave me it. Loved it so much I bought another one! But I still like my old one better than my 94 which has way less miles.  

weba

your beretta!

Post by weba »

I bought my 91 GTZ in 2004 after a year looking for one, costed 8000!! from the dealer.
Then after year and half driving and fixing it, i found out thats it's rusting bad really fast, so

I bought my 90 GTZ in late 2005 for spareparts... only 3100 from the dealer.
Then i found out that it has 100% rust free body, so it's now my project car and the 91 is the parts pile.
And cause i don't drive the GTZ anymore at winters and it's prettymuch 'work on process',

I bought my 93 Base this spring, 4100 from the dealer  

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
Ne14a6tee9

your beretta!

Post by Ne14a6tee9 »

I bought my 89 GT in 2001 with 30K miles on it from this local dealership. I paid $4,000 for it...I know...that was a lot...but it was pretty much a new car...just 12 years old....I loved that damn car...I wish I kept it! But I know who has it now...and needless to say...it looks like ****.

I got my 95 Z26 from a little car lot in Pittsburgh. It looked nice...but that was about it. I sold it to some girl and she drove it around for a good 2 years...beating the hell out of it in the process.

I would like to get another Beretta someday, but I dont see it happening...I never see any worth buying around here.

-Chris
‘90 Teal Indy 5 speed :Yahoo!:
'17 HRV EX
nicky gio88gt

your beretta!

Post by nicky gio88gt »

My 94 base' 3100 I bought from used car dealer for 2700 with 60K,  1st car,1st beretta.  met an early demise when I parked it in a shopping center only to come out finding it destroyed.

My 95 base quad that took me a year 1/2 to build I got from a junkyard for 200.  wrecked it makin a u turn when somebody blew the light and nailed me. 2nd car 2nd beretta.

After I got my buick (3rd car) which Ive had for the past year now, just a few months ago I was lookin for another project car and then I saw this guy in jamaica queens sellin his 88gt on ebay,It had a little rust under the drivers door and it had the typical gm peeling paint , but it had no major dents, motor was kept up well so it runs like a champ, and the interior was uncommonly in perfect condition aside from the headliner, picked it up for 750 with 118k.beretta #3 cant wait til its done

89' Buick Riviera
88' Beretta Gt (project car)
Decipha

your beretta!

Post by Decipha »

my original beretta was my moms she got it in june of 03 at a dealership... my parents paid 2250 for it, 95 base, had 100k miles on it, last year it went under 5 ft of water because of katrina.  My mom thought the car would never run again so I was determined to get it running and I did.  As a gift for all my hard work and money invested in it my dad gave it to me.  A few weeks later he was murdered to it kind of holds a sentimental value.

got my second beretta 95 base from a private seller (which i later found out i knew through other friends) I kept seeing it just sitting on the side of the road never moving so i asked if they were willing to sell it and i got it for $600.. car sat up 3 yrs and wouldn't start, replaced battery and fuel pump and runs like a champ.  ONLY 29k miles on it!!!! gotta love the elderly.. anyway this is my DD acquired the car the day before christmas eve of 05.  I changed the fuel pump out at 9 o clock PM the day I got it... didn't even have a flashlight, instead i used the display on my cell phone.

got my 3rd beretta a month ago, has 103k miles on it, a friend of mine was going to give it to the JY because the trany went out, i adopted it and am awaiting for my aunt to have a 2.2 trany in her yard.  When I get the trany it'll be on the road.  Engine runs find and I love standards.  This is my first standard!

currently looking at my possibly fourth beretta.  A friend of mine took a trip last night and visited his old neighborhood.  As we were leaving i seen a gtu sitting in a driveway.  I stopped and talked to the owners which my friend knew.  So hopefully i get it, only problem is the trany is acting up (not- surprised).  Hopefully i can get it for $200.

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
96BlackRoseZ26

your beretta!

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

I got my first 89 out of necessity.  It was the lesser of two evils.  I could either keep driving the Plymouth Reliant(I know, I can't believe I drove one either) or get something a little better.  I had to put the spare on it just to bring it home, as one of the rims was bent and the tire was flat.  Later found out that it was rusted out on the bottom, and went in search of another Beretta.  Found one that needed some steering rack work (See post on that subject somehwhere in the bowels of this forum).  It was an 89 also.  Got rid of it, when I bought my 96 Z26 in 2001.  She had 116k miles on it when I got it.  It saw 3 Bfests, one in Memphis, Milwaukee, and Columbus.  I traded her in at a fuzz over 180K miles for my current vehicle, the Monte Carlo.

Have you ever felt like you were flying, but didn't have wings?

Jerry Bickley
02 Navy Blue Metallic Monte Carlo SS
3800 V6/4-Speed Auto

Mr. Beefy

your beretta!

Post by Mr. Beefy »

My sister bought this car in 99 and drove it into teh ground basically. Then she leased another car and left this one sit for 4+ years. So I paid her $200 for it and have been working on it for the past year +. Now I just bought a z04 kit to go on it so work is slowly but surely progressing on the car.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
gypsy

your beretta!

Post by gypsy »

Got my 88 GT in feb of 1999 was the last thing my father purchased for me before he passed away.

Just purchased my 92 GTZ this last weekend for 350.00 so far so good working out the problems.

I have always loved the way a Beretta looked. I remember the first retta i saw. It was at the auto show at cobo hall winter of 1986. I was 11 years old, and i remember telling my father that i wanted one when i got my drivers licence. The 88 GT still runs although it is going to be parted out due to to many problems with the suspension, and large hole in the floor.

---------------------RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!---------------------