Money pit Beretta RIP

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
SuzukiGhostRider

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

So, Money, what IS going on with this? Is the insurance paying up, are you suing his arse off? Fill us in dude.

Bman Gtz

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by Bman Gtz »

I feel your pain man, I lost about 10000$ on my 90 when I wrote it off cuz some lady decided to turn left in front of me even though I had the right of way.  I hit her doing about 110 km/h.  I had the car appraised at 8500$ the summer before and had just rebuilt the motor and they still only gave me 5940$ for the car, but they paid to reinstall my audio setup which was custom so I got a check for 3500$ for that, so in all, I got back 9500$ or so.  But still lots and miss that car a ton, here are pics. I have a new one now, 95, and she's custom too now and appraised at just under 12000$.

OLD:

Accident:

BMAN
New:

BMAN

SuzukiGhostRider

Money pit Beretta RIP

Shat Bman! You guys really know how to wreck 'em right,huh? Might as well do it right the first time!
The main thing is both of you came through it ok. Cars are replaceable, people aren't.

Bman Gtz

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by Bman Gtz »

For sure, I miss that car so much, maily the color.  Just bad luck and yeah, you should have seen the way people acted though, I hit her, blacked out on impact, came to, could barely breath, remember telling myself to just breath, finally managed to catch my breath, then said my *****in car, got out, finally somebody comes to ask if I am ok and that the other driver was at fault.  I had a few minors cuts as my mouth and fingers, and my hip was killing me from the seatbelt digging in as the seat shifted sideways.  Car cuts through a parking lot and yells to get our cars out of the way which set me off even more cuz obviously I couldn't move the car.  Then, a tow truck pulls up, next thing I know, he says my car has caught fire where the battery was in the front, so he says someone has to stop traffic, noone moves so I end up going to direct traffic at my own accident, and I remember telling the first car with his window down, isn't this sad, I just wrote off my car and I am directing traffic at my own accident.  I am glad to be ok, and cars can be replaced but it breaks your heart when u put so much effort, time and money into something just to have another stupid driver cause you to lose it.

BMAN

BMAN

n00b20

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by n00b20 »

this thread is making me really sad now, you guys suck.

"We were ALL noobs once. Forget where you came from and you forget how valuable your knowledge is to those who are now where you once were."
SuzukiGhostRider

Money pit Beretta RIP

That's jacked up Bman,truly. Was a gorgeous Beretta bro. And the people with no manners at your accident should be slapped. And I would happily beat the sorry sob's azz who told you to get your cars outta the way. With a big smile on my face while doing it.

Luckymc420

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by Luckymc420 »

(n00b20 @ Apr. 12 2008,20:46)QUOTEthis thread is making me really sad now, you guys suck.
I agree.  they make me sick to my stomach.

Project B!

1991 5-Speed Beretta with a 2002 3400 OBDII In progress.....
Money pit Beretta

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Man bizkit20ny, that color was something! Guess I had it easy. If I had to do all that I really would have been mad(not that I wasn't). I just keep going back to look at your old photo. I hate to see my car crushed, but to see another Beretta crushed, well, it makes me sick. Why we love these cars so much I don't know, we just do. SGR, I haven't heard anything yet, I'll update when I get some news.

keep'em flying!
Bman Gtz

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by Bman Gtz »

I miss the color even more than the car, lol, loved that color, stood out so much, when people saw the color, they knew it was me coming, not many other cars had the same color.  I wasn't doing it to make you sick, I just want to know other people feel your pain.

BMAN

BMAN

jtcoolhands

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by jtcoolhands »

Hey Money. How's it going? I was just wondering a foolish question  have you looked on the net? I just Googled ( Berettas for sale) and found a few. If you scroll down about half way on the left hand side it will give you your choice of years. Just a suggestion but you have probably already checked that out.

Money pit Beretta

Money pit Beretta RIP

I know BMAN, you did it just to help and you did. As you can see in the photos, I didn't have all the body work and paint done yet. You put so much into your car and it looked like you had everything done(that's what made me sick). My loss was very big to me, but yours seems bigger. Well, I bet it felt the same to both of us.   Hey jt! No I have not looked on the net outside my area. As of now I still would like to find something that I can go and look at(also test drive). Also I'd like to save a car from this area(I've seen more Berettas in the junk yard than on the road).Times are tough around here, so I may change my mind. Thanks for the info.

keep'em flying!
95Z26beretta

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by 95Z26beretta »

Sorry for your loss bro, hope u don't get screwed like I did when the Indy got smashed up. I was travelin to work on the 4 lane hwy, just getting into the outskirts of town, I just changed lanes also traveling under 60 mph. I went underneathe the interstate and saw a guy waiting to pull out from a farm house, I was just over 100 feet from him traveling about 58 MPH when I started to pull out in front of me, I left 75 feet of skid marks before I T-boned him on the drivers side, if he would have gone any slower it may have been fatal for him but I hit between the d/s back door and the 1/4 panel. I don't remember much about it, I was able to walk away, I stumbled out of my car and for some reason I did not want an ambulance. To make sure the guys insurance company did not screw with me I had the Indy towed back to my place, I got screwed big time cause I did not have the time to hire a lawyer or anything. I got $600 for the car from the insurance company and kept the car which I will start rebuilding soon. I posted a pic below to show u mine.

1992 Quasar Quad GTZ
2004 F150 FX4 Edition
Money pit Beretta

Money pit Beretta RIP

Man, it almost looks the same as mine(the front end that is). Yea, so far I got $500 and didn't get to keep my car. I think I needed a lawyer also(thought I had more time). Hey, keep me updated on the rebulid. Thanks for the post! Sorry about my short post, I got to go.

keep'em flying!
95Z26beretta

Money pit Beretta RIP

Post by 95Z26beretta »

ya I had to say to the tow truck driver afew times "no I want the car towed to my house not to your shop, he was like its cheaper to go to the towing garage and the guys insurance company will total the car and take it, then I said no for the last time its a very very rare care its going back to my house. I maintained posession of the title and keys for the car and would not let the insurance guy take it.
 As for the lawyer its understandable if your like me I could not afford to take time off and go thru all that hassle, especially at the time of the accident it was my 3rd day at my new job.

1992 Quasar Quad GTZ
2004 F150 FX4 Edition
Money pit Beretta

Money pit Beretta RIP

Yea 95Z26beretta, I didn't have the time like you said. Now I have too much time(work is so slow they make us take one day off a week and we get the weekends off also). I just sucks, I could have taken care of all of this if my insurance could have let it go to this point. I held off as long as I could. I don't know if I put this in the other posts, but from the body shop to where the car is now the insurance used another tow company and they lost my title. I had to fill out paper work just to help the people that were going to give me almost nothing for my car so they could go after the cab drivers insurance and get their money. If my driving history wasn't so bad, I'd tell them to stick it up (well you know). You did it right, I didn't (I broke my own law, never trust anybody to take care of what you love).

keep'em flying!