new guy to the board

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.

new guy to the board

Post by Guest »

Hey Everyone I had a few questions to ask, new to the site.

I owned a 93 Base Beretta “Maroonâ€Â

Doug96Z26

new guy to the board

Post by Doug96Z26 »

The 3100 is superior to the 3.1 in every way.  The transmission paired with the 3100 is poorly geared - that's why 3100 cars get dogged on.  Basing your choice purely on engine and no other factors, you'd have to be a fool to choose the 3.1 over the 3100.

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd

new guy to the board

Post by Guest »

Oh ok, Yeah I kind of wondered about the transmission in the new cars, it seem that my Corsica runs out of stem midway thru the gears or something of that nature.

Thanks for the answer

Donnie

Asylum

new guy to the board

Post by Asylum »

(Doug96Z26 @ Sep. 14 2006,17:34)Q
U
O
T
EThe 3100 is superior to the 3.1 in every way.  The transmission paired with the 3100 is poorly geared - that's why 3100 cars get dogged on.  Basing your choice purely on engine and no other factors, you'd have to be a fool to choose the 3.1 over the 3100.
3100's SUCK
I bet your 3.1 5 speed GT will smoke both of your 3100's.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Mr. Beefy

new guy to the board

Post by Mr. Beefy »

Eric loves his stolen 3.1. I cant complain about mine either.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
blindmandesigns

new guy to the board

Post by blindmandesigns »

even though I am now a quad only guy...

I got a soft spot for the 3.1 and 2.8mpfi motors (gen 2 not the gen 1 POS that was in the celebrity)

When I was young and had my first beretta I ran that I think 10,000 miles without a single oil change and never added more oil from around 170,000 to 180,000 abusive miles... IT RAN FINE AFTERWARDS! I ran that to just about 200,000 miles before the 5 speed croaked after about 60,000 miles of abuse from the 17 year old me at the time...

That 2.8 really surprised the hell out of me... excellent daily drivers but I still would take my 91 GTZ for a daily driver over the 3.1's

new guy to the board

Post by Guest »

I never made a comment about a 3100 Corsica out running anyone, HA if you wanna race I would be more than glad to bring our G35 out of the garage then we can talk about that,

I wouldn’t ever race the Corsica as it was my grandmothers car in the first place and I do have respect for that matter, I was just saying that it seemed slow after my 3.1’s that I had in the past, but then again most things do after so many years and when you have adjusted to driving cars with much more power.

I loved my Base/GT and loved how that car sounded; the 3100 on the other hand don’t sound anything like the Beretta sounded. I do have to say thru the years and all the cars I have had my two favorite sounding cars besides the G35 was the Fiero gt’s I had with the 2.8 and the 1989 Z24 cavalier with the 2.8 and a 90 Z24 with the 3.1 love the way they sounded!

new guy to the board

Post by Guest »

park -> no idea, my car locks in nuetral when i turn the key off, anyone know?
lights -> check fuses
ses -> has to be a code somewhere, go to another place and get them to check it, if not replace computer.
dash -> junkyard/ebay/buysell thread
3.1vs3100 -> 3100 ftw.

holla.

new guy to the board

Post by Guest »

Thanks TiKi,

Love your car in the post, I miss my Z24 that had the 2.8 so much at times, my friend had a RS convertible (94 model) and my Z24 with the 2.8 would suck it up when we would race them, his would stay rather close about to the mid door spot on my Z, his car would shut off at 105mph and I recall taking my 89 to the 120 mark a few time while I had it, my Z24 had over 200k and his 94 only had around 75k on it, maybe the fact it was a convertible added more weight so that it wasn’t faster than my Z24 both was the wonderful GM automatics. Mine failed around 215k and his went out around 150k. He has a 97 Cavalier LS now with the 2.2 sohc motor, car is pretty tuff as he drives it pretty hard, but it’s had a lot of issues compared to our older Cavalier.

I have always hated it when people would dog on the Beretta and Corsica for being cheap POS as a lot of people refer to them, when they was new what other kinds of cars could you get as cheap with the cool styles and flairs they had for the same price? The Corsica has a lot to desire in style compared to any beretta base or GTZ or Z26, but I still love the car. And now with the cars getting older you can get great deals on used ones, I am still thinking of getting a decent GTZ just for a fun car, I always always loved the White on White ones.

Donnie