tranny problems

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
berettamayhemz26

tranny problems

Post by berettamayhemz26 »

hello all, i have a 96 Cayenne Z26, with 52,8something miles on it. and when driving back to New Castle, Pa, i drove onto the highway and when i stepped on the gas, the motor hit the rev limiter with out it going into neutral. then some miles down the road, the car jumped out of over drive (auto tranny) and bounced inbetween the previous to gears, not touching over drive at all. then some smoke followed. after stopping and pulling the ebrake (car rolled 3 ft in park) and lifted the hood, and smoke came out from the top right corner of the bay(when standing in front of the car) currently the car is sitting at my stepmoms place of business (unless my dad moved it) and i have no clue what is up with it. it will not move under its own power (when my dad came to pick me up on the side of the road).  also i think the drive axle has been making noise (confirmed by my step mom) but the drive axles didnt move when wheel lifted up and grabed/twisted.   so if anyone has any ideas to what the problem is let me know. help is greatly apreciated

Andy May  '96 Cayenne Z26

Jeff P

tranny problems

Post by Jeff P »

Hey Andy, sounds like a fun problem The Diagnostic Help section would be the best place to get help with this, so you might delete this post and start a new topic there

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi