Computer problems

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Money pit Beretta

Computer problems

Post by Money pit Beretta »

OK, I'm going to be out for some time while I have my computer rebuilt. I don't know how long it will take. The guy I'm having do the work is slow and he's not very good. Talk to you all later.

keep'em flying!
Mr. Beefy

Computer problems

Post by Mr. Beefy »

What problems are you having?

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
_UnLiMiTeD_

Computer problems

Post by _UnLiMiTeD_ »

rebuilt or reformat? reformat only takes a few hours to do windows and get all the programs back in.

Putting a pc together only takes about 10 minutes

Chazzman

Computer problems

Post by Chazzman »

(Money pit Beretta @ Aug. 17 2008,21:14)QUOTEThe guy I'm having do the work is slow and he's not very good. Talk to you all later.
Sounds like you need to find someone else.  
Take it easy and Hope to hear from you again.....

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
Money pit Beretta

Computer problems

Hi everybody! It's great to be back at Bnet! My friend started this topic for me when he had my computer. I can tell you that the my main hard disk was making noise and now after he checked it out, it's ok. He has some great software for checking out drives. We still don't know what's wrong,we think something has gone bad on the board. There is a new build in the works(all new, less a few things).
Thanks for the posts and also thanks to SGR and 6r8ph1X for your support on this. I have lost alot of time and need to order parts, so I'll post when I can. Life without a Beretta was hard, life without Bnet was way to hard.

keep'em flying!
Mr. Beefy

Computer problems

Post by Mr. Beefy »

over time a hard drive will start to make noise cause of the bearings starting to fail on the disk. Backup whatever you want to keep cause one of these days, it will just stop working. I have tested many drives that tested good just to have them fail 2 weeks later(just had that happen at work, now I have to drive to an office to fix it ).

What kind of problems/symptoms are you having?

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
Money pit Beretta

Computer problems

Everything is backed up on the new WD Caviar SE16 400GB SATA. One of my SATA plugs wasn't working, that was one thing. I think something is wrong with the IDE drive controler also. As of now the old CD and DVD drives are not working also(don't know what's the deal on that). I've lost some of my music and other things and still am unsure how and why this thing started working again. I have a new power supply, but that didn't fix anything that I know of. The IDE drives are not hooked up now. Everything goes down if I turn the computer off, so I hope we don't lose power(my APC does not last long). I'm just trying to hang in there till the new computer is built. Thanks for asking sousa!

keep'em flying!