Bstuff

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
jene

Bstuff

Post by jene »

aaall mostt... back up... it is a test forum right now.. he must be testing it...

cramez

Bstuff

Post by cramez »

This forum is handled a little differently than it used to be, the old "search before you post" idea simply doesn't work.  It throws either too much at you to realistically be able to find anything, or there's nothing left because the last time the question was actually answered was so long ago the post was pruned from the board.  If there gets to be too many topics on one item, I'll either consolidate them or start up a sub-section about it. ÂÂÂ

The fact is that the FAQ's and the Archives contain a ton of information, but a lot of us here are the people who put that information there.  MY attitude is if you have questions on something, ask away.  The reality is that a lot of Berettas that are being sold now are to teenagers, young drivers, etc.  The only way that they'll see it as anything other than some cheap car to beat on and junk when you're done is to accept them in and give them real information and show them some potential of the car with a little wrench time. ÂÂÂ

Nobody's getting blown out the door here again if I can help it.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
DTMAce

Bstuff

Post by DTMAce »

Here here!

Hey, I was a kid when I bought mine!  LOL

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

cramez

Bstuff

Post by cramez »

(DTMAce @ Oct. 19 2008,23:27)QUOTEHere here!

And that's exactly my point, I was 17 when I bought my 89 GT, and I had no idea about cars other than what I liked styling-wise.  Now I'm 25, still working on these cars, and I actually know what I'm doing now.  

Sure I learned a lot of that in trial by fire, because the car broke and I had no way to fix it other than wrench on it myself, but that's part of the fun of it.  When people realize that I have a car with 285,000 miles on it, their response is always " must be a Honda/Toyota"  When they realize it's a Beretta, it's just a great reaction.  

1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
jene

Bstuff

Post by jene »

yeah.. it really is almost back up.. hehehe i just checked for poops and giggles and it is bstuff.. but disabled.. must still be working on it...

but i will still use both sites... always have... more bstuff then here.. but i like them both and both have good infor i know i will need and use in the future..

DTMAce

Bstuff

Post by DTMAce »

(cramez @ Oct. 19 2008,22:32)QUOTE
(DTMAce @ Oct. 19 2008,23:27)QUOTEHere here!

And that's exactly my point, I was 17 when I bought my 89 GT, and I had no idea about cars other than what I liked styling-wise.  Now I'm 25, still working on these cars, and I actually know what I'm doing now. ÂÂÂ

Sure I learned a lot of that in trial by fire, because the car broke and I had no way to fix it other than wrench on it myself, but that's part of the fun of it.  When people realize that I have a car with 285,000 miles on it, their response is always " must be a Honda/Toyota"  When they realize it's a Beretta, it's just a great reaction. ÂÂÂ
I get similar reactions when people find out how many miles mine has.  I was a bit older when I bought mine, 23 actually, but there have been times when I was tempted to sell, but could never bring myself to do it.  Been wanting to work on it for awhile, but didn't think it would take a deer to get me to actually do it.

Most of the time, I had to fix things myself too, so know what you mean.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

lugnutz

Bstuff

Post by lugnutz »

(rettagurl @ Oct. 19 2008,12:21)QUOTEI like bstuff better.  This site is never updated.  I mean look at the bfest thing.  It's still talking about 07.
I was hoping it'd come back up because I didnt wanna come over here.  But I finally gave in
Don't like it??...GTFO

Bnet member #21
'91 3.1 5spd --- SOLD
'04 GTO 6spd
KFLO 93 GT

Bstuff

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

So who is considered to be the proprietor of this place anymore?

93 GTs
Bandit

Bstuff

Post by Bandit »

(KFLO 93 GT @ Nov. 02 2008,12:51)QUOTESo who is considered to be the proprietor of this place anymore?
I don't know honestly.  It would be nice if either the owner of the site updated it more and did more things for it. OORRRR "Sold" the site to another person who can keep the site updated and then maybe this site would see as much traffic as bstuff.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
1995 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab 4x4
KFLO 93 GT

Bstuff

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I know there was a plan for someone that I know to rework it and do a lot of stuff, but that never really got off the ground.

To be quite honest I want BNET, I just need to talk to the right people.  berettaspeed.com is back in need of a revamp, and I think it would be rad to get bnet at the same time, keep the 2 sites separate but swap a few features between the two.  Have BNET for its old info, BFest, and message board.  Then revamp bspeed for its multimedia aspect and bring the memberlist back up to date, and get the new gallery online.

Anyways.  If anyone reads this that knows, pm me.  I am quite serious, and motivated.

93 GTs
cramez

Bstuff

Post by cramez »

I'm doing most of the admin right now on the forum from what I can tell, but I really have no idea how to go about updating things on the main page.  That's where things need the most help.

1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

Doug96Z26

Bstuff

Post by Doug96Z26 »

(KFLO 93 GT @ Nov. 02 2008,20:04)QUOTEI know there was a plan for someone that I know to rework it and do a lot of stuff, but that never really got off the ground.

To be quite honest I want BNET, I just need to talk to the right people.  berettaspeed.com is back in need of a revamp, and I think it would be rad to get bnet at the same time, keep the 2 sites separate but swap a few features between the two.  Have BNET for its old info, BFest, and message board.  Then revamp bspeed for its multimedia aspect and bring the memberlist back up to date, and get the new gallery online.

Anyways.  If anyone reads this that knows, pm me.  I am quite serious, and motivated.
Kurt - I'd like to see you get the website.  You and Dustin have done a good job with Berettaspeed.  I tried to get it years ago when Rex was leaving, but that didn't happen.  As I've been saying for YEARS, we basically need to scrap the whole website (only keeping the important content) and start over.  I like your idea for bnet and bspeed.

I'd be happy to help out.  I don't do graphics or pretty things, but I've been coding for some high-traffic websites for a good decade.

I'm not sure who from our group has control over the website right now.  Bryan left, and I believe Rex still has access to the entire thing.  Honestly, I'd go straight to the source.  Todd Eigenschink (todd@tekinteractive.com) owns the beretta.net domain.  Email him and see what he wants for it.  It won't be cheap, but maybe we can get a fund going.  I believe the last time we contacted him about selling he wasn't ready to, but maybe he is now.

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd

Miss Tiff

Bstuff

Post by Miss Tiff »

has anything ever happened with this? I miss the old bnet... This place is a ghost town anymore and quite frankly it's upsetting. The main page hasn't been updated in years.. I mean, look at the featured car! Btw, cramez, is there anyway you could help me get my old username back? I really hate starting all over again, plus it's not like it matters since there is zero traffic there, but I am the moderater of SE.

-Tiff Baker
89' GT/U MySpace!
RIP my 88 GTU I will get revenge one day!
KFLO 93 GT

Bstuff

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I'd like to know too, as would Baims.  

93 GTs
2tone88

Bstuff

Post by 2tone88 »

Thats 1 of the reasons I don't come here much anymore. I came here 1 day and ALL my info just dissappeared. It was discouraging so I dont come here much that and if you ask a question it takes forever and a day for an answer.