It's been a long time

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Jimz90indy

It's been a long time

Post by Jimz90indy »

Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hi.  A lot has happened since my last post and I'd like to share a bit.
Commissioned a new ship (NEW ORLEANS) out of New Orleans, La.  Spent 7 months there dodging potholes and horrible drivers.  There is not enough room in this forum to explain everything that those crazy cajuns do when they drive...if you can call it that.  The roads are horrible in the sinking city.  
Loaded the Indy onto the ship, (along with 150 other cars) and headed to sea and through the Panama Canal on our way to San Diego.  It was great to have the rubber hit the SoCal asphalt again, the Indy definately felt as if she was home.  
The car still runs like a charm.  I have had to replace the seam sealer around the trunk seams due to the vibtation in New Olreans causing hairline cracks and allowing water to leak into the trunk (another reason to leave Louisiana.)
That's about it, the  job is keeping me very busy now days.  I look forward to possibly making next years fest.

-Jim

"Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. "

90INDYLIN

It's been a long time

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Hey Jim, good to hear from an old voice, not many left it seems like . Still got our Indy and in great shape also, may try another Super Chevy Show again this summer, but been busy with work, house and another car to keep up...'96 Collector Edition Corvette. Glad to hear your doing ok on your ship.   Keep it running... Don

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
Jeff P

It's been a long time

Post by Jeff P »

Hiya Jim!  It's good to hear you're "Kicking back in California" again.  Sounds like the INDY is weathering okay, huh?  Never realized the sealer could actually break from road (or lack of road) vibrations.  So you get to load and unload the car yourself?  I remember Muff's GTZ arriving in Belgium with $6,000 or so worth of engine and body damage when the AF moved it.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
rweatherford

It's been a long time

Post by rweatherford »

Welcome Jim!

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

Jimz90indy

It's been a long time

Post by Jimz90indy »

Yeah, Jeff, we got to load and unload our own cars with direction.  By that I mean we had people guiding us on and off the ship.  I took a picture of it loaded in the upper vehicle storage area on the ship; I'll post it later.
Honeslty I don't know what caused the hairline cracks in the trunk.  I know that the seam sealer around the sunroof is starting to crack as well.  I never had this problem prior to New Orleans so I'm gonna have to default to the "Big Easy" as the culprit.
Good to hear from you and Don.  It looks as if the board is pretty dead; which is unusual so close to a fest.  I see that some of the old timers still come around; Rex and Heavy Woody for example. ÂÂÂ
I'll be in and out of port on this new ship so I'll keep in touch when I can and try to make it to next years fest.
ttyl - Jim

wicked-irocz

It's been a long time

Post by wicked-irocz »

nice to see ya stopping in jim

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
heavywoody
Global Moderator

It's been a long time

Post by heavywoody »

I'm an old-timer?  

Glad to see you still kickin' around Jim! Too bad you can't make it to Detroit, but hopefully we'll see you in 2008!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

It's been a long time

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Jim,

Great to hear from ya buddy!  Good thing you got her out of NO, we wouldn't want anybody vandalizing her or worse!  I'd love to get my car to CA some day, but I fear I'd acutally have to drive it there     Geoff..  haven't I been around longer than you?!  Guess I'm getting old too  

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Jimz90indy

It's been a long time

Post by Jimz90indy »

Yeah, Mike, you're an "old timer" too!   Good to hear from you too...board is quite slow these days.  A lot of the guys that drug me to the board have sold their cars and moved on.
I honeslty don't think I'll ever sell the Indy.  Heck, it's amazing how much attention it gets here in Cali.  Ya just don't see too many Berettas on the road anymore.

Cliff8928
Administrator

It's been a long time

Post by Cliff8928 »

Yeah, they sure seem to be disappearing off the roads compared to a few years back..  I guess that can be a good thing in ways?

I'm sure the INDY gets tons of attention, how can it not.  It's yellow for goodness sake!  It's definitely one of the nicest cars in general i've seen for the amount of miles on it!

Cliff Scott
Jimz90indy

It's been a long time

Post by Jimz90indy »

Cliffy! It's a damn family reunion for Christ sake! PM me your phone number and I'll give ya a call.  -Jim ÂÂÂ

Edit: Looks like the PM feature doesn't work here; I was gonna send you mine.  Regardless, e-mail me at cardjd@lpd18.navy.mil

-Jim

89GTZ

It's been a long time

Post by 89GTZ »

Welcome back Jim.  I'm glad you finally made it out of the South.  

89GT(Z)
15.904@85.15 - many years ago
Chris88CL

It's been a long time

Post by Chris88CL »

Welcome back.

Looks like quite a few guys are finally coming out of hiding.  Let's hope it stays that way.  

Chazzman

It's been a long time

Post by Chazzman »

Welcome back Jim.

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
KFLO 93 GT

It's been a long time

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Good to hear that you're back in a better region Jim.  Glad to hear that the Indy is still rolling hard too, I think we're gonna need some pictures of the nicest yellow Indy on this site sometime.  Haven't had any for awhile.  Good to see you post up Sir!  Wouldn't be a family reunion without all of us old timers checking in Sir!  

Nice to have you back Jim, hopefully I'll be seeing you at a meet sometime.  

93 GTs