Ghost Cars

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Twitch21

Ghost Cars

Post by Twitch21 »

I wasn't sure where this belonged exactly but I'm interested in what sort of Ghost Cars the local law enforcement use around your area. Like mostly they're Impala's and Crown Vic.'s here but there's a couple Chargers rolling around people have to watch out for. There used to be 2 '98 Camaros on patrol (fully marked however) which really brought people down a few pegs and a 2000 Millenium Edition Mustang which my Dad drove when he was in the force (RCMP).

Just sort of a thing I wonder about from time to time.

'88 Beretta GT
5 Speed
2.8L
Stock everything except the sound system.
blindmandesigns

Ghost Cars

Post by blindmandesigns »

There are sooo many undercover cops around the berkshire mall here in Reading.  THey drive anything ... there is about 100+ stores in about a 2 mile area and from working at Sears for 3 years I got to see lots of people get busted by cops in unmarked cars of all sorts...

BerettaLove32

Ghost Cars

Post by BerettaLove32 »

One in my town is a red jeep cherokee. In another town they have a minivan. The best is in the town of cicero they have a conversion van with Indiana plates on it, now that's the best undercover car.

Twitch21

Ghost Cars

Post by Twitch21 »

The chargers are rumored to have a switch in them to switch one headlight off. That way driving at night you'd never suspect

'88 Beretta GT
5 Speed
2.8L
Stock everything except the sound system.

Ghost Cars

Post by Guest »

the police force here has a mustang seleen (sp) it looks factory can't tell, there is also a 87 blue fastback mustang thats tricked out window tint stickers on the windows it looks like a normal street car

HateMyAuto

Ghost Cars

Post by HateMyAuto »

Up in Roanoke they have a white and a red Bonneville that catch quite a few people. Down here the police force has a 2001 Mustang Mach 1 as (the only) part of its "Speed Patrol" unit.

'96 Z26 Now with 10% more displacement
'94 Camaro
ErichZ26

Ghost Cars

Post by ErichZ26 »

The Illinois branch of FBI has a rare strippy Rasberry Z26 with hub caps.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
Obsessedw/Berettas

Ghost Cars

Post by Obsessedw/Berettas »

There isn't much in the way of undercover cars around here. But I do remember my stepdad being pulled over on the way to St.Louis by a bright red Camaro Z28 with limo tint. The only cop car-ish things it had were two red and blue lights on the dash.

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis
berettajunkie1991

Ghost Cars

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

i live in will county illinois and here in manhattan il we have 2 unmarked dodge intrepids a bout 5 or 6 vics and two explorers went to drivin school went through the introduction of people and two of them were had by the intrepids. in lemont ill they have dodge durangos interpids vics and a monte or two

cold_pyro

Ghost Cars

Post by cold_pyro »

Around here they run intrepids, crown vics, and impalas.  The oddest "ghost car" I saw was  a chevy pickup about like mine that had someone pulled over, strobes were mounted behind the grill and in the tail lights.