better gas mileage

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
berettamayhemz26

better gas mileage

Post by berettamayhemz26 »

yea, im getting ready to start school here in about a week, and i have to commute daily in my 96 Z26. It has 57300 on it right now and just started to notice a little loss in mpg. Any cheap ways to inprove the mpg in a 3.1 liter auto? Im 19 and need as much help as possible, even though im going to school to learn to be a chrysler mechanic.  Now dont yell at me for the wrong choice of school training,  I still love my Z, but its a job that i will love to perform.

docrodg

better gas mileage

Post by docrodg »

Keep the tire pressure at the spec, don't put fat tires on, don't have a leadfoot, clean the engine and dump some injector cleaner in the tank, Keep the tranny good (filter should be replaced), air filter, plugs at proper gap, good cables, and a good muffler (not a glasspack, they actually restrict airflow).  

Do not buy any of the "mileage increasing" gadgets for the car... none work, in fact none are certified by the government  even tho it is possible becasue they don't work so they can't be certified.

wicked-irocz

better gas mileage

Post by wicked-irocz »

(docrodg @ Aug. 12 2007,19:56)QUOTEa good muffler (not a glasspack, they actually restrict airflow). ÂÂÂ
incorrect my son  

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
HateMyAuto

better gas mileage

Post by HateMyAuto »

All good suggestions, pretty straightforward for any car. Also, keep a notice on what gas you use. There have been several studies on how cheap gas actually leaves more deposits in you engine, and isn't worth it in the long run. But I will swear to you, at least in my area, that I the gas from BP stations is subpar. Every time I get gas from a BP in the area, I average about 10% less mileage.

'96 Z26 Now with 10% more displacement
'94 Camaro
Rodville

better gas mileage

Post by Rodville »

(HateMyAuto @ Oct. 06 2007,00:45)QUOTEAll good suggestions, pretty straightforward for any car. Also, keep a notice on what gas you use. There have been several studies on how cheap gas actually leaves more deposits in you engine, and isn't worth it in the long run. But I will swear to you, at least in my area, that I the gas from BP stations is subpar. Every time I get gas from a BP in the area, I average about 10% less mileage.
Really? I guess I have to pay closer attention to it.  

Edit: Post # 400