Junkyard Treasures!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
SuzukiGhostRider

Junkyard Treasures!

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

So I was at the boneyard today to get those MINTY tails off the '88 GT down there and I had to pop the trunk from inside. Probably the only reason they were still there. The fillers WERE mint last time I was there but someone has since pucnched a hole in the lower with a screwdriver. The upper is still very nice if anyone wants it, let me know. The tails will also be for sale. So anyhow, I digress. We open the trunk and a brand new looking black lock box is staring us in the face....

So , me being me, I took the tails out first and inspected them. PERFECT minus one very light scratch on each. Then I turn to the lock box (which was locked) with my trusty 4 inch pocket knife. 2 seconds later it's open................ and ................ empty. Gotcha! Still a very nice lock box though. The REAL finds were what I found next......

A BRAND NEW Bosch O2 sensor, 6 BRAND NEW Bosch Platinum +2 spark plugs, a BRAND NEW Stant 195* thermostat and a BRAND NEW roll of 12" x 20" High Temp Gasket paper. I already checked online as this was an '88 GT with the 2.8L I found the parts in. Was sure they were the same as my '90 3.1L MPFI and they are!! $80 in brand new free pocketed parts ftmfw!!!

Oh, and the tails are for sale. I will post pics later tonight. Had to share!

1988GTU

Junkyard Treasures!

Post by 1988GTU »

Haha nice.  I dont know about bosch though, never had much luck with them.

_________
-------------
SuzukiGhostRider

Junkyard Treasures!

(1988GTU @ Aug. 25 2008,14:32)QUOTEHaha nice.  I dont know about bosch though, never had much luck with them.
Not really a big fan of Bosch components myself, but free and brand new is free and brand new,lol!

cramez

Junkyard Treasures!

Post by cramez »

Bosch makes some pretty good products, out ignition systems just eat them alive for some reason.  I run Bosch Platinums on my Camaro with a Mallory 37,000 volt HEI coil, and they're great.  I've had nothing but good luck with bosch's used on a distributor.  GM DIS systems do burn through them pretty quick though for some reason.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
SuzukiGhostRider

Junkyard Treasures!

Oh, sorry forgot the pics I guess. Here ya go. And yea, Cramez, I agree with you 100%. I'll be running them. What the heck, they were free. If they only last 3,000 miles,oh well.

SuzukiGhostRider

Junkyard Treasures!

leadfoot93

Junkyard Treasures!

Post by leadfoot93 »

are those gasketless plugs for the 2.8's iron heads? If so i'd rethink putting them in an aluminum head 3.1

foot in the floor mpg about 8
SuzukiGhostRider

Junkyard Treasures!

(leadfoot93 @ Aug. 28 2008,23:21)QUOTEare those gasketless plugs for the 2.8's iron heads? If so i'd rethink putting them in an aluminum head 3.1
Same part number plug required for BOTH motors. Put them in yesterday just for grins along with warrantying my "new" wires because of a few defects and tearing apart my entire cooling system sans the brand new water pump I put in a few months ago.

Car actually idled better, ran better and was MORE responsive with the Bosch's than the Autolites. I'll leave them I think. We'll see how MY Beretta does with these plugs most Beretta owners seem to hate.

1988GTU

Junkyard Treasures!

Post by 1988GTU »

If it's working, then  

When buying parts, I just buy ac delco/denso stuff if available.  When free new parts are available, well you know the rest  

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Junkyard Treasures!

Post by Money pit Beretta »

So, did that take care of the over heating? Same car right? You have so many.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

Junkyard Treasures!

No, and yes respectively money. Yup,  same car. I have narrowed it down to it's last two options. I believe the belt could be a bit snugger, and the CTS failed under testing. EVERYTHING ELSE that has REMOTELY to do with cooling I've either replaced or tested out good. I'm gonna blow this car up if these two don't fix it,lol!