tranny ?'s

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
berettamayhemz26

tranny ?'s

Post by berettamayhemz26 »

how hard is it to kill a 4T60 automatic? cuz i think i killed mine and was just curious

wil_wil2

tranny ?'s

Post by wil_wil2 »

If abused, they break like toothpicks

BerettaLove32

tranny ?'s

Post by BerettaLove32 »

IDK about all that mine has been beat on for years, and it's still going strong at 170K.  I drove that thing like an A hole when I was in my teenage years, and I haven't had any problems.

berettajunkie1991

tranny ?'s

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

you just jynxed yourself by saying that iwas talking about that one day and well about week later the god dmned thing went out. but i have a 3t40 THM 125C so IDK how strudy they are but mine a 172K on it and with a built 3.1 so ...... well ytou know what happens when you have power you use and the tranny takes it for a while then craps out. It was pretty cool the tires would whine through first gear.

wil_wil2

tranny ?'s

Post by wil_wil2 »

when you start smoking tires with any transaxle without a locker, it is only a matter of time until you bye-bye to a spider, sprag, carrier, ect.  A transxle is under mounds of stress since it has to fuction as more than one drivetrain component.

berettajunkie1991

tranny ?'s

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

i must say it really shut the high school auto shop up about beretta's not having any balls. so i guess the end result was worth it. time to rebuild the old one and put a limited slip in it then when it turns both wheels and smokes them then that is really impressive. and then the axles will snap so then i will have to replace them with gator axles and well...... i have come to a conclusion FWD cars arent supposed to spin tires but it sure is fun till something breaks.

BerettaLove32

tranny ?'s

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I may have kynxed myself but I've always wanted a 5 speed anyways     Berettas trannys can take some serious abuse.

cold_pyro

tranny ?'s

Post by cold_pyro »

My old car took some serious beatings, but never really did much of a burnout unless the pavement was wet.  I remember one time I was being a dumbass and neutral dropped it and the car wouldn't move, I got out and walked off for a while trying to find a ride home, but decided to give the car one more try, and it worked.  Never had any problems with the transmission.  I sold the car with 165K miles on it.