~New Retta Owner~

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
MalfunctionX

~New Retta Owner~

Post by MalfunctionX »

Howdy~

I have been cruising the forums for a few days now and I have to say thnx to all of you for the info i have picked up along the way!
My grandfather has sent me his 92' GT. It will be arriving this Tuesday! It has 170,xxx miles on it. He has taken very good care of this car.
The tranny will be replaced this September so for now i have to "Baby" it till then.
Thnx again!!

PS: I will gladly post some pics within a few days of it getting here.
~Cheers
:beer:

Money pit Beretta

Re: ~New Retta Owner~

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hi and welcome to Bnet. Any plans for mods?

keep'em flying!
MalfunctionX

Post by MalfunctionX »

Most certain about the True CAI not a Short RAM. Undesided on the body...possibly Vader... maybe GTZ look?
After market Stereo installed already by my gpa. (Not sure about speakers or sub) Open to suggestions about what other mods are a must! (Keep in mind that the Tranny will be replaced in Sept. Also i am not looking to take it to a strip any time soon)

MalfunctionX

Post by MalfunctionX »

Oh hey BTW i saw you loc. is kansas..where abouts. I was born and raised in Coffieville. lol
~Cheers
:beer:

Money pit Beretta

Man, I'm a long way from there. I don't think that I've ever been there. I'll have to send you a PM if you want to know where I am, I don't like to put it online. Where are your pics? I bet it's in very good shape. :)

keep'em flying!
MalfunctionX

Post by MalfunctionX »

Well Today is the day. I talked to the driver and he will be here this afternoon.(pst)
Pics soon to follow.
I will take the pics as best I can with my phone. (dont have a Dig. Camera) and post them before i go to work tomorrow!

MalfunctionX

Post by MalfunctionX »

Here are some pics. ( http://www.myspace.com/malfunctionx )

My grandfather always get stick(standard) and Auto confused? such a let down. Needs some TLC but its in ALOT better shape than most of the Rettas I have seen around lately.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There are no pics on your myspace of your car for non myspace users to see.... and also get a Photobucket to link pictures... Myspace accounts are not the best way to share since you have to be a user to see some people pictures.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MalfunctionX

Post by MalfunctionX »

Oh alrighty...Was a busy weekend for me but i managed to take some time and get that set up... BTW what is Infl.
Rest.

Pics! http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/MalfunctionX/

A few minor problems though...
1. Is over heating unless heater is on.- will check the pump and thermostat asap.
2. Left Blinker is solid....Have to flick the arm up and down? %)

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

You have a bulb out for the blinker to be on solid. It's not pulling enough juice to trip the flasher.

INFL REST is the air bag light. You can just ignore it and pull the bulb out like I did since I removed the air bag wheel, or you can dig further to find out why the light is on.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

MalfunctionX wrote:Oh alrighty...Was a busy weekend for me but i managed to take some time and get that set up... BTW what is Infl.
Rest.

Pics! http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/MalfunctionX/

A few minor problems though...
1. Is over heating unless heater is on.- will check the pump and thermostat asap.
2. Left Blinker is solid....Have to flick the arm up and down? %)
Welcome again.... Looks like it just needs alittle TLC and some cleaning. Those center rests I hear, loose their top all the time - just alittle work and you can have it stuffed and back on. On the heating/overheating, flush the system, replace the T-Stat, make sure that your expansion/pressure tank does not leak or have a crack in it, with 170k - replace the cap on the tank ($4-7), bleed and burp the system (VERY IMPORTANT to get ALL the air out, or you will overheat and/or loose fluid tru the cap). After that, your B-Retta should run about half way up the gauge and the fan kick on somewhere just over half if operating correctly. Keep us updated on your progress and visit the BStuff board also.

Hawk :)

93 Chevy Beretta, 3.1, auto, 17's, 93,000 m
Money pit Beretta

Yeah man, just a few small problems. The paint looks good. For sure, a very nice car. Hey, it looks like you need a bolt for the upper engine mount.

keep'em flying!
91retta

Post by 91retta »

yes for sure in great shape. i had all the same stuff go bad on my and all i did was a good tune up on it and it was good and same with my new motor with the over heating it was just air

1991 beretta gt New 3.1
2 10" kickers l7
1100 watt kenwood KAC8152D

1991 S-10 4.3L getting a 383ci
MalfunctionX

Post by MalfunctionX »

91retta wrote:yes for sure in great shape. i had all the same stuff go bad on my and all i did was a good tune up on it and it was good and same with my new motor with the over heating it was just air
I Replaced the T.Stat with a OEM 195 and burped it. Over heating problem is gone along with the "tapping" sound due to the pressure build-up. Also Cleaned the F.Injecters. Possible paint job comming in the next few weeks. Will post pics IF i do...

Money pit Beretta

Cool man! :good:
Don't forget about the bolt for the upper mount.

keep'em flying!