Donation Button

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
diedemus

Donation Button

Post by diedemus »

You may have noticed the donation button at the top of the page now.

I have added this for two reasons, one is to help cover the costs of the site. While there is no danger of it going away, any donation will provide additional funding for some of the things I would like to implement over time, such as site giveaways and raffles.

The second reason is to provide additional funding for bfest. Half of any money donated will in turn be donated to the committee to ensure that we can provide better experiences in the long run.

I will also be setting up some advertising on the board in the near future, and if any of you run businesses and would like to advertise please contact me via pm or email. These will not be random ads, and will not take over the board.

--Will

:runsies: :runsies:

Money pit Beretta

Re: Donation Button

Post by Money pit Beretta »

As long as they are not there when posting. I hate that, it slows things down and if the add doesn't load you sometimes can't post(or the site goes down). Here is what it looks like on another site. http://www.ecotecpower.com/forums/read. ... t=430other site.
Now, if there are links to say MRZ or 60*(Beretta parts) that is ok. I like the site the way it is, but I do understand that you are just trying to make it better. :)

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

To clarify, the ads that I put up will not be google ads, they will be done in house completely and will not be flash or javascript. They will likely be a single banner rotation at the top and bottom of the thread, or possibly to one side under a navigation section.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Sounds good!

keep'em flying!
ees2009a

Post by ees2009a »

A suggestion if I may. Post a monthly goal amount to cover cost and then post a list of those that donated for each month. Hopefully that will get others to donate.

Living is believing...vehicle shipping
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I see this thread is nearly dead. Mayhaps I should ask as to whether things are going well or not at all on this front?

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

I don't think its dying at all. Webmaster that keeps up the site and ever increasing traffic = life. :)

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

No, I meant with regards to the donations themselves.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Dying would imply that it was alive at one point -_-

The thread was mainly to let people know that I put it there and that it wasn't an add or anything.

Donations are always welcome

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

diedemus wrote:Dying would imply that it was alive at one point -_-

The thread was mainly to let people know that I put it there and that it wasn't an add or anything.

Donations are always welcome
:lol:

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Button is still there, any donations are appreciated

ketchupredz26

Post by ketchupredz26 »

I donated this morning! :)

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

bump

Any help with server costs are always appreciated, this site accounts for over 80% of the traffic on the server on average. To give an indication, last month total bandwidth was 24.9gb, beretta.net alone was 21.47gb

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

It would be helpful if we had an idea of what those costs are, so that we know to make sure to kick in enough. Just a thought. Doesn't have to be exact, but an idea of what to cover, and how much has been received toward that goal, etc. I don't mind donating and will later on this month if you like. Just think it may encourage more help toward your needs maybe.

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

I don't put a tally because I am not looking to make the site donation driven. My current situation being what it is, any donation of any amount shaves off the co-location costs and on the off chance there is a large influx of donations they would get rolled into the following months. I have had 4 total donations since I added that donation button several years ago.