Anyone close to Lincoln, NE interested in a Beretta?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Trevor

Anyone close to Lincoln, NE interested in a Beretta?

Post by Trevor »

It's time I sell my car...

If you don't already know.... its a:
1993 Chevy Beretta GTZ
3.1 L Motor, not the Quad!!! Just over 172k on the motor
Medium Quasar Metallic color
Sunroof...

I've owned it for just a little while, about a year, but it's turning out to be more than I can handle. I don't think it would make it through the winter, and I really feel bad just driving this car in the winter!!

It's got weak motor mounts, which makes it sound terrible backing up, and its rough just to back up.
The Catalytic Converter is shot, and the Muffler isn't much better.

It's been driven all season for its whole life from what I can tell, but it only has 1 visible rust spot on the drivers side door, and that's all I see on the car to be honest, it really surprises me.

The front end has a hole through the bumper, but it really might just need someone who is good with body work to get it looking how it was. The paints chipping on the hood, and the rear spoiler is cracked in a few spots from people hitting it as they walk by the car in the school parking lot.

This car gets a ton of looks, everyone surrounds it and some people ask what it is! I also had a 12'' sony xplod and 2 10'' magnums in the trunk so it could definitely be heard!

I love this car. I really don't want to get rid of it, but now I am getting my Dad's 86' Chevy Silverado with the 305 in it... It only has a few rust spots and the truck bed is literally, LITERALLY perfect. It's unbelievable.

But anyways, reply if your close and interested in seeing it.... I bought it for $1,200.00.... I don't know if I can get that out of it, even though I have replaced numerous parts, but it would be great....

DUBS28

Re: Anyone close to Lincoln, NE interested in a Beretta?

Post by DUBS28 »

Where would one find some photos?

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I'm going to put some on Photo Bucket sometime, if it would stop raining here. Apparently "Morning showers" translates to raining all day in Nebraska :D. As soon as I have time I will take some.

gustafsyn

Post by gustafsyn »

I'm up in Ponca, so maybe one of these days I'll come down and take a look.. Power windows and locks? I could make an offer, just PM what you feel it's worth as is now.

speedy

Post by speedy »

haha, dam, you had me all excited for a minute, i was thinking you meant NORTH EAST rather then nebraska for some reason... silly me. lol.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Has power windows and locks, but I don't use the power locks because they seem to be weak or something. The windows work fine though.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFCGgjo91Y

This is probably considered a project Beretta.... But I really want to get some money out of it. I will be 100% honest if you ask me a question about something. I probably didn't list everything that's wrong in the first post. But it's so hard to point it out without being asked, so please do ask!

michi

Post by michi »

I dont get you guys... in your discription it says its your dream car blabla and now your selling it because it has some things to be fixed? cars can be repaired... just to say. lol...

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

To bad the 305 is an anemic turd.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I have to sell it simply due to the fact I don't think it will make it through the winter, I mean it was literally my daily driver around time, and I put at least 175 miles on it every weekend.Whats wrong is I can hardly back up. It makes horrid sounds and, for example, I park in a lot and my tires go in a small hole, I try to reverse and I literally can't get out. I am afraid to give it to much gas because it sounds like something is going to break. I don't know what to do is what I am saying. I'm not as mechanically inclined as many of you. And for me, we do have garage space, but it's filled with crap, so I have no room to park it for the winter, nor work on it.

I am going to keep trying, and maybe I will find the fix. I hope so, but with my not having much funds, I don't know what to do.