the "what do you do for a living" thread

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
scd88ga

Re: the "what do you do for a living" thread

Post by scd88ga »

Kyle Anderson wrote:Student, going for plastics engineering. I'll be done in the spring.

In my free time I refinish and resell high end wheels. It pays for all my expenses except tuition. Right now I have a fully refinished set of 17x8 BBS RKII and a cleaned and re-polished set of 19x8 HRE 546's.
COOL!
What would you charge to polish these CCW 505A's?

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Beretta_gal

Post by Beretta_gal »

I am currently working as a Nurse (CNA), and as of June 2011 just graduated college for Paramedic, and Starting in Spring 2012 going back to get my Bachelors in nursing

Beretta_gal
It's a BERETTA thing...All others just don't understand!!!
2012 Bfest Winner
Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

scd88ga wrote:
Kyle Anderson wrote:COOL!
Price would vary greatly. Are they chrome plated or polished aluminum? Are they a simple re-polish from oxidation, fixing damage, or bringing them up from a raw casting or previously altered finish?

In all honestly, after you factor in shipping cost, you're probably best off getting them done locally. A good place to go is a tooling shop that does molds for plastic parts. If they can't do it themselves, they'll know several places that can.

Here are my current projects..

These RK's had badly corroded lips and peeling centers. I removed the corrosion, then had someone else do the middle stages of polishing. I did the finishing steps on them. Centers are powdercoated and caps are brand new.

These HRE's were an easy set. Just a simple polish on the lips. Here's a before and after after a quick job. I could bring them up more from here, but I'm waiting on some info from HRE before I do anything else.

speedy

Post by speedy »

:D

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

3X00-Modified wrote:
heavywoody wrote:
Barry wrote:Red robin is great.

I'm half year student half year engineer at Parker hannifan
Your pumps are expensive. And turnaround time from an order origination is ridiculous.

lol had to share...
He needed that penis pump yesterday...

Your absolutely correct. If I need parts its faster for me to order them from a supplier than to place an internal order. Pain in the ass

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Kyle Anderson wrote:
scd88ga wrote:
Kyle Anderson wrote:COOL!
Price would vary greatly. Are they chrome plated or polished aluminum? Are they a simple re-polish from oxidation, fixing damage, or bringing them up from a raw casting or previously altered finish?

In all honestly, after you factor in shipping cost, you're probably best off getting them done locally. A good place to go is a tooling shop that does molds for plastic parts. If they can't do it themselves, they'll know several places that can.

Here are my current projects..

These RK's had badly corroded lips and peeling centers. I removed the corrosion, then had someone else do the middle stages of polishing. I did the finishing steps on them. Centers are powdercoated and caps are brand new.

These HRE's were an easy set. Just a simple polish on the lips. Here's a before and after after a quick job. I could bring them up more from here, but I'm waiting on some info from HRE before I do anything else.

I see your posts on bimmerforums from time to time. Im in a e36 now.

Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

Barry wrote:I see your posts on bimmerforums from time to time. Im in a e36 now.
Oh wow, I had no idea. What's your username over there?

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Kyle Anderson wrote: Price would vary greatly. Are they chrome plated or polished aluminum? Are they a simple re-polish from oxidation, fixing damage, or bringing them up from a raw casting or previously altered finish?
They are polished aluminum and just need a simple re-polish from oxidation due to use from 1 or 2 Winters. Money is not an issue. They are my cousins, not mine.

I've also restored/polished/customized quite a few sets of wheels over the past 15 years. Here's some knock-off BMW wheels I did a few years ago, sorry no before pic... I picked these up with expensive tires on them for only $150! They had oxidation to the lips and 3 of them had light curb rash. All in all a pretty easy job! I ended up making $500 on them!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Kyle Anderson wrote:
Barry wrote:I see your posts on bimmerforums from time to time. Im in a e36 now.
Oh wow, I had no idea. What's your username over there?
Its probably Gmfwd.I hardly ever post unless I'm looking for parts. I'm kinda on the fence about the bimmer right now. Its a fun car but its really slow for my liking(m50). Been thinking about trading it for another 240 but I kinda like the bimmer scene. I have met a few cool people on the road so far that actually weren't idiots.

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i'm in school for electrical engineering, hoping to get into an apprenticeship as a manufacturing plant electrician, machine shop electrician, or something of the like. i have been building (assembling) furniture, deliveries, repairing household items, including some large appliances, small appliances, electronics, all for the better part of the last decade... wasting away!

i'm still part time there, and also waiting for a in-person interview appointment at the local wallymart to be a TLE (tire lube express) boy... i have done a fair amount of work on cars, and did work at jiffy lube a decade ago...lol should be easy/stress free money for the hours i'm available.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Gigalo.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

Auto body. detailing on the side. auto electronics from time to time. do alot of work with horses also. sellin on craigslist. etc. etc. etc. i do ALOT. barely any free time hence the reason im barely ever on or ever getting anywhere with the car. haha.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

bonecrrusher wrote:Gigalo.
You wish.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

bonecrrusher wrote:Gigalo.
Giggle is what the girls do when they see it...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
88gtz

Post by 88gtz »

I'm a master electrician, been at the same company for 10 years. I have 12 years into the field, my cars are my escape from real life haha.

91 GMC Syclone
88 GTU 330k
89 GTU 5 speed
93 GTZ quaser quad
93 GT Garnet 5 speed
01 2500 HD
77 K-10
64 El Camino Ls1-T56
94 Z26 (parts car) rust belt rust bucket