Project: Slideways z26

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
scd88ga

Re: Project: Slideways z26

Post by scd88ga »

You might be able to fit a 89-94 Geo Metro brake booster! A bunch of my buddies are into mini-trucks and use them when they run 20+ inch rims on slammed trucks!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Another possible option would be a (1990 - 1993) Chevy Astro / GMC Safari factory Hydroboost!

:D :D :D :D :D

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Carson21R

Post by Carson21R »

that metro unit sounds unsafe. haha

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Carson21R wrote:that metro unit sounds unsafe. haha
It's plenty safe. Why wouldn't it be safe? It's a Toyota part btw. He's considering running NO BOOSTER... I think a small booster would be way better than no booster! lol Mind you, TONS of guys are running these on mid-size and full-size pickup trucks with VERY large VERY heavy wheels! :wink:

Carson21R

Post by Carson21R »

its not the booster. im used to seeing boosters deleted in the honda game.

its that little ass MC. thats all.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Carson21R wrote:its not the booster. im used to seeing boosters deleted in the honda game.

its that little ass MC. thats all.
Gotcha. You don't have to run the Geo master, other larger ones will work on that booster.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Why is running no booster unsafe? Last time I checked the Modified we are building has no booster and neither did the Limited and those are headed toward a 180* turn at 130+...

Build a bracket and install a reverse facing master setup... That is if you want to spend the money

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I like that steering shaft setup, and that coors light

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah we need to install a cup holder right there otherwise it will fall over, it also has to rock so when he goes into the turn it wont spill.... LOL

Overall photo of it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Are you still bending tubes with a torch or are you using a tube bender? I need to build a cage for this eventually and getting a real bender is way out of my price range. I was thinking sand in the pipe, a torch, and a mandrel to bend it around could produce some accecptable, but not optimal results.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Thats a fully professionally built Chassis, plus we purchased the car from someone... I only bent tubes that way on the Street Stock car because they were only meant for fuel cell protection and not critical to the driver's safety or the structure of the vehicle itself, any other tubes that had to be made for it if they were anything cabin wise would have been properly bent with a tube bender, but no we don't have that equipment yet and I hope he plans on finding something we can use so if we do have to fix something in a pinch we have that ability, BUT the other benefit is, the fact that parts for this can just be BOUGHT, where as the other car everything had to be custom fit or built... Kinda like going from a car with no aftermaket to one with an aftermarket... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Like going from a beretta to a subie/honda/nissan/bmw.

On the other hand, toyota guys getting crafty with remote boosters

el_roy1985

Post by el_roy1985 »

Looks like there are plenty of solutions. Now that I see pics, I don't think the vette gear would help anyways. A roll cage would probably be a great way to get the shell stiffened up, don't know what your thoughts are on one of those.

3400/5 speed, internet Tune, FFP UDP, Billet/poly mounts, ported intake manifolds, WAI, 2.5" mandrel exhaust w/ dp, Borla ProXS, Intrax, KYB, poly front end kid, welded a-arms, strut, shock and sub-frame braces.
keoki1978

Post by keoki1978 »

Yeah, I think this way to mount the booster/master cylinder will solve your braking issue. Now what did you mean as for your steering problem?? The column itself?? Or no place to mount the rack?? I was thinking, since you got pics up now, could you still mount the beretta rack on the firewall. You said you got the engine forward in the engine bay. I know you said that you planned on using a different knuckle assembly that has the steering arm down low. If you had room to keep the beretta rack, I would atleast go that route till you can get something else to work. Just some thoughts.....

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3X00-Modified wrote:Why is running no booster unsafe?
Nobody said it wasn't...