Project: Slideways z26

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Project: Slideways z26

Post by 3X00-Modified »

3500 front's IIRC...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

welding straight to the manifolds no flanges?

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Yeah 3500 fronts and yes welded straight to them. I cant think of a reason to make flanges, they will be easy to work on once I split them up

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

i hope u make this car not just a track car but street legal as that is way more respectable and harder to accomplish at times and yet make it look like a stock beretta

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Sorry this car should never be a street car. It will be totally gutted, lacking a few nice things like defrost/heat/wipers etc. Plus I would be in jail or dead if I used this on the street too much. I already get in trouble with my 190hp 3100lb car. This thing will probably be around 2300lb and make ~210 hp and whatever torque.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Oh, right....they don't have the crossover. That is a weird looking front manifold though, really weird.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

They seem like they will flow okay. Better than logs for sure. The way I have it designed is for a reason. I left that side of the engine bay wide open for easy turbo addition in the future, if needed.

Im excited to start building my engine harness. I am totally eliminating the stock ecu this time around. Should be running on less than 20 wires. Im going to get a fusebox and relay box from the JY and do it all properly. I also want to find a big sealed connector that I can use to make the engine a 1 plug deal so I can pull it out quickly, plus starter cables and whatever. Battery will go to the trunk as well. BMW relocation kit FTW.

Jon, question for you. I want to keep the stock cluster. What signals go direct and what come through the ecu? I dont care about warning lights, only about gauges. I would assume battery voltage is straight through, and coolant temp with a 3 wire sender?? Speedo wont work so im not gonna bother with that. What about tach? Is it the same signal that comes from the ICM or does the ecu change it in some way? Ill handle fuel gauge, I cant remember if there is one in my fuel cell or not. Oil pressure goes through ECU for fuel pump relay dosent it? Thanks

I have a aftermarket tach and oil pressure gauge. I would prefer not to use the tach because its hella unneeded(5 inch with shift light)

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

For a 95 cluster to my knowledge the only gauge that is fed from the ECU is the speedo... 96 the tach was, but get the older style and you can pick up right off the white wire on the ICM, the same wire as the mod I do to the 96 harness to work on a 95 car. IIRC everything else is fed from the individual sensors, coolant temp comes from the rear head sensor, OPSU is direct to the dash since the ECU never knows what the pressure is, and voltage that's also just a positive wire feed IIRC... fuel, yeah the ecu doesn't see that level either so its just another direct run to my knowledge. I'll check my diagrams today and see if I can post up the cluster section.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

found it all...

You can see in the cluster diagram the only things going to the ECU or control system is the lights speedo and tach... Then on the ECU page you can see the white wire from the ICM (second page) goes directly to the tachometer.
Attachments
ECU.pdf
(346.92 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
cluster.pdf
(134.08 KiB) Downloaded 313 times

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

that stinks i thought it would be cool to see a rear wheel drive beretta on the road, would be some awesomeness and to see it at bfests would be unbelieveable as their prolly only handful that ever were custom to be put on the road

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

3X00-Modified wrote:found it all...

You can see in the cluster diagram the only things going to the ECU or control system is the lights speedo and tach... Then on the ECU page you can see the white wire from the ICM (second page) goes directly to the tachometer.
This is great! Looks like Ill be able to have all my gauges working minus the speedo. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I put my motor back in this weekend. Its a snug fit. I had to pull the studs out of the waterpump and literally flex the rad support out a quarter inch to get the motor in. But all is well now.

I cut the entire stock engine harness out. Kinda scary. Theres like 200 wires. In the process I cut the driver side harness off too.. I need to find out what those wires do. I would assume ignition, fuel pump, stuff like that?

I started wiring the megasquirt. Going to have to make some changes because now it will be running ignition bypass, fuel pump, cooling fan, and maybe the stock IAC if im feeling fancy.

I also ordered some crap from summit. Exhaust clamps, collector, flanges, fuse box, battery terminals, etc.

Will hopefully finish a good ammount of wiring this weekend.

And I bought a walboro 255lph inline fuel pump but I lost it in my garage! So I need to find that

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

haha lost it in the garage... i know what that feels like... There's 2 mazda trucks, a canoe and piles of spare parts in mine right now!! too much crap

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
weba

Post by weba »

Just as side note,

I don't remember single Megasquirt conversion that would had ended with satisfying results, plenty of them in all stages of almost functional, something glitching or half-assed thrown together and completely out of tune...

I'd kept the stock ecu, or bought more expensive (for a reason) stand-alone.

But, good luck! :)

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I gotta disagree weba. I have logged 20k miles daily driving this car with this same megasquirt and only once had an issue with it. For a race car its going to be even better. They just need to be set up well, which many struggle with. However, the new obd 1.5 tuning developments have me thinking if I ever have a street beretta again...