New to the forrum, just bought a 94 Beretta rebuild project

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
88gtz

Re: New to the forrum, just bought a 94 Beretta rebuild proj

Post by 88gtz »

Welcome, what color interior I was just up in Denver and found some nice base seats at the pull and save on federal.

91 GMC Syclone
88 GTU 330k
89 GTU 5 speed
93 GTZ quaser quad
93 GT Garnet 5 speed
01 2500 HD
77 K-10
64 El Camino Ls1-T56
94 Z26 (parts car) rust belt rust bucket
greyfox

Post by greyfox »

Hey 88gtz i will look at it tomorrow. Can't remember exactly what color the interior is, some old neutral color. Also the website won't let me post any links. It says i am "too new" what can i do about this? It makes it hard sometimes because there are links to useful information i want to share.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Once you have enough posts, I think you will be fine. Its either 5 or 10. I can't remember for sure, and posts only count in some areas, off topic and introductions may not, I can't recall right now.

Just go around, visit some of the project threads that people have up and post on a few then you should be fine. Lots of things to see. Heck hit the two I have, I don't mind.

Below this \/

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

Welcome to Beretta.net!!! I also am in Colorado but way north in the Greeley/Evans area. I've been in your area twice in the last 2 weeks though, can't stay away from SeconSpin.com, lol.
Anyway I'm very excited to see a new member from Colorado and I like the way your ready to jump right in on this swap!

Oh and as far as the mpg difference, my '99 Grand Am with the 3400 gets 3.5 better mpg then my '88 Beretta GT with the 2.8L, if that helps any. And the 3400 has way more power.

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
greyfox

Post by greyfox »

Well mine right now is the 96 3100 so i'd expect some decrease in MPG switching to the 3400.

The junkyard no longer has the 04 impala sadly so i am going to have to wait till they get another one it. However i did find a place where i can do the engine swap. BTW any of you guys in the Denver area have an engine hoist? Ive managed to put off buying one up till now but it looks like i will be biting the bullet to get one probably.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Welcome.
Good luck with the car, and the swap.
On the MPG note, I really don't see you suffering at all. I had an 02 Monte Carlo with a 3400 in it, and I got between 17-19 MPG city, and 30-32 on the highway, and that car is much heavier than a Beretta. The 3400's in Impalas and Monte's are rated right around 19 city, and 29 hwy, and I believe the 3100's in Berettas are rated the same. If anything, your MPG's may actually improve, if you get a newer, lower mileage engine, compared to your higher mileage 3100. If you are REALLY concerned about MPG's, I'd recommend a 5 speed swap also, as long as the ability to shift doesn't cause you to run it harder than you would with the automatic. I can certainly see your MPG's after the swap staying about the same, or like I said, possibly increasing slightly with a lower mileage engine. Think about how light the car is, and add the extra 20 or so HP, it will take less to get the car going down the road.

1994 AQUA ZED
greyfox

Post by greyfox »

2.2H8TA thanks for the input. Your probably right. Just watching the gas prices go up right now is making me a little jumpy.

greyfox

Post by greyfox »

88gtz wrote:Welcome, what color interior I was just up in Denver and found some nice base seats at the pull and save on federal.
Is this tan/grey color

greyfox

Post by greyfox »

Hey so i found a big gaping hole in my air intake hose right after the MAF, its about 2" long rip actually in the flex part. Could this be causing my engine to run hot?

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Possibly, could be sucking in heated engine bay air. Certainly isn't good for your engine, since that would be past the air filter.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

greyfox

Post by greyfox »

Alright i am going to start with replacing that, ill stop by the junkyard tomorrow and pick one and and we will see what happens.