mark as viewed

Frequently Asked Questions
User avatar
90INDYLIN
Registered User
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu May 31, 2001 6:50 pm
Location: Freeport,IL

mark as viewed

Postby 90INDYLIN » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Where do I click on to mark the posts as viewed? So as not to have all posts shown when I return again?


90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)

User avatar
heavywoody
Global Moderator
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:10 pm
Location: Concord, NC
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: mark as viewed

Postby heavywoody » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 am

The only way I've found to do that is to return the board index; then there is a "mark board as read" option on the right hand side IIRC.

Kind of a pain in the rear to do it that way... it'd be nice if that was on the screen you bring up when you click on "View new posts".



User avatar
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ
Registered User
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Montreal, QC
Has thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: mark as viewed

Postby Red_Bra_Black_GTZ » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 am

heavywoody wrote:The only way I've found to do that is to return the board index; then there is a "mark board as read" option on the right hand side IIRC.

Kind of a pain in the rear to do it that way... it'd be nice if that was on the screen you bring up when you click on "View new posts".


i agree with heavywoddy, also is it at all possible, when i click on a particular thread that i want to see in the new posts, it compares my last on to the clock(date/time) of the posts and automatically puts me at the very next post i would want to see(read)

paul, asking a difficult one...


Image

User avatar
90INDYLIN
Registered User
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu May 31, 2001 6:50 pm
Location: Freeport,IL

Re: mark as viewed

Postby 90INDYLIN » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks ......


90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)

User avatar
Cliff8928
Administrator
Posts: 1773
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:03 pm
Location: Long Grove, IL
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: mark as viewed

Postby Cliff8928 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:09 pm

1990 GTZ wrote:Is it at all possible, when i click on a particular thread that i want to see in the new posts, it compares my last on to the clock(date/time) of the posts and automatically puts me at the very next post i would want to see(read)

paul, asking a difficult one...


You can already do that, In a thread with new posts, just click on the little orange "paper" icon just left of the post title.



User avatar
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ
Registered User
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Montreal, QC
Has thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: mark as viewed

Postby Red_Bra_Black_GTZ » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Cliff8928 wrote:
1990 GTZ wrote:Is it at all possible, when i click on a particular thread that i want to see in the new posts, it compares my last on to the clock(date/time) of the posts and automatically puts me at the very next post i would want to see(read)

paul, asking a difficult one...


You can already do that, In a thread with new posts, just click on the little orange "paper" icon just left of the post title.


yes, i see it, i used it... just freeken fantastic... was this option there all along..? have i been suffering needlessly?

many, many thanks...


Image

User avatar
Cliff8928
Administrator
Posts: 1773
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:03 pm
Location: Long Grove, IL
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: mark as viewed

Postby Cliff8928 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:33 am

I do believe it was always there...




Return to “FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest