Coolant light

Frequently Asked Questions

Coolant light

Post by Guest »

my coolant light has the habit of always coming on when the car is cold or when i apply the brake. Anybody have a solution to this problem.

Coolant light

Post by Guest »

You could actually be low on coolant or have a few air pockets in your system.  Otherwise probably a bad sensor.

Coolant light

Post by Guest »

I just had all of my systems flushed and cleaned but could be a possibility. Does anyone know how to get at the sensor.:rock:

onefstgtu

Coolant light

Post by onefstgtu »

If your beretta is a 92 or newer try tapping on the overflow tank with a hammer (just lightly) dont smash it open...the sensor in the tank sticks on those...

Coolant light

Post by Guest »

mine is a 90 so would it maybe be in the same place or where do i have to look. It just started happening a few months ago.

Coolant light

Post by Guest »

The sensor is on the front of the radiator in the left upper position, it has 1 wire going into it.  If the filler cap is on the radiator it will be within about 8 inches of it, can't miss it.

The sensor's power wire pulls right off.  Some sensors unscrew, mine you take two screwdrivers and bend the two tabs back and it slides out.  A new one is like $4.17  -  5 minute job.

They can easily go bad.

-Dave

Coolant light

Post by Guest »

thanx i will check it out later and let you know .
thanx again for the info:D