2017 Beretta.Net Calendar Submissions!

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
Styluss
Global Moderator

2017 Beretta.Net Calendar Submissions!

Post by Styluss »

That's right folks it's time to start getting the 2017 Beretta.net calendar rolling so we can have it ready for Christmas!
For any newcomers to the community every year we take submissions and then vote as a community on which photos will be included in that year's calendar. So shine up that old girl and grab the camera before the weather sets in and get some great shots to submit for voting!

There are always some minor exceptions, but these are some general guidelines we've gathered over the years:

Please include your member name, your real name and location (city state) when submitting your photo. Also, please include what you would like your car listed as; model, year, engine, transmission, etc. The minimum to be included is the year, model and engine. Send all submissions to: Stylusskid@msn.com - We'll only list out what you provide and I'm not going to go chasing info so get me what you want right off the bat. This is the ONLY way to submit a photo and I'll be sure to write back to let you know I got it.

DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submissions will be accepted starting now and through October 23rd at midnight MST. I must have a minimum of 12 (duh!) good pictures to make this work, so everybody get out there and shoot! You're welcome to change your submission at any time... just e-mail me a different picture and notify me of the change. Everybody get out there and shoot! And remember, Corsicas are more than welcome as well but you keep that Cavlier to yourself.

Voting will commence on Monday, October 31st and will end on Sunday, November 6th at Midnight MST. This will give Woody and I enough time to get it all sorted out, edited and complete for ordering in time for Christmas!

REMEMBER, we're a mighty picky group these days... This photo should be top notch!
Here are a few pointers from numerous members over the last few years. Honestly, if your photo isn't up to snuff I'll reject it. A rejection will only come from a sizing or quality issue as once formatted for the calendar any low res photos will absolutely look like crap.

- Location. Pick somewhere unique and exciting... your driveway doesn't cut it. I've shot in front of a mansion, I've seen photos snapped in warehouses...
- Lighting. Early or late in the day is best for natural light. Midday sun is flat and doesn't provide much shadow or detail. Colors get washed out.
- Get rid of the junk. Crop out or use Photoshop to remove distractions. There are several members that can help with this but please not we're not Photoshop Gods. I can assist a bit and if you would like something specific done just mention it when you submit your photo.
- Clouds are your friend. Clear skies may be great for going to the beach, but your pictures will be more interesting with clouds.
- Mergers. Watch out for for two or more objects overlapping... such as a light pole coming out the hood of a car.
- Angles. Get high up or low to the ground. If you take a picture of a car from standing height, it's probably going to look like any other snapshot.
- Get closer! But not too close... You're taking a picture of the car, not all the crap around it. Unless you're trying to show the scale of the scenery, get close and show us the car! Plus too much random stuff in the background will not help you. People, pets, other cars, trash...
- Cropping. Take note that the uploading of the photo into calendar format will knock off a bit of the edges of the photo. Make sure the entire car is in the picture with some room to spare on the edges or you may get cut off if you make it in the calendar.
- Color. This goes along with light; washed out pictures are lame-o. Vivid colors = excitement!
- Photo Quality. Dude, that old bar phone from 1996 isn't going to cut it. We have image size and resolution requirements that are posted below.
- Pictures must be of high quality. Cropped to 8.5x11 at 300 dpi, or 1280x800 resolution minimum. Better yet, just set your camera to the highest quality it can take and submit that. Any pictures with insufficient resolution will be rejected and the member will be notified. It is 2016 and everybody should have a decent camera nowadays of at least 5 Megapixels.

As always, I'm more than happy to completely rip apart... I mean critique your submission if you would like some thoughts from a 7 time calendar winner! I'll be editing every submission to have a similar look so the calendar flows together nicely. This will be very basic color and contrast adjustments to make the photos pop a tad.

Let's do it! I expect to have A LOT MORE submissions to choose from this year with the reasonable growth the community has seen.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 2017 Beretta.Net Calendar Submissions!

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sent... I have a few diff angles of that so let me know if you want different.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

I finally submitted yesterday.

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

HEY! We only got nine submissions!!

The deadline has been extended one week. If you want a 2017 Beretta calendar you gotta submit! So, get that fancy camera phone of yours and get pic taken! You now have until midnight on Sunday 10/16 to submit. Don't forget, the photo doesn't have to be brand new. Grab a great shot from earlier in the year or even one you took last year. As long as it's a great shot go for it! I've submitted photos that were years old before but they were great pics of my car and they made it into the calendar.

*The original post has been edited to reflect the new submission and voting dates.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Is this posted on the social media page?

_________
-------------
NJ93TY

Post by NJ93TY »

I re-submitted an E-mail to you along with a cropped pic. I apologize for not reading your full post before I sent.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

1988GTU wrote:Is this posted on the social media page?
Yup. It has been since day 1. I have NO idea why we don't have a lot of participation this year. Prior years have had at least 20 submissions.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Because it takes effort... You shouldn't have to ask why no one wants to be involved Ryan...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

And we have eleven submissions. Anyone going for that last minute entry? We could really use you and at this point you're guaranteed a spot in the calendar!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

The deadline for submissions has yet again been extended to midnight this Sunday, October 23rd. If you have any questions concerning submitting a photo just ask!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Option maybe:
Would voting on previous year calendar winners [2016 final entries] to establish an official "2016 BoTY" to put in the June spot [the month "Bfest" was celebrated] for recognition be something feasible?

_________
-------------
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

Submission sent!

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Teal-Indy

Post by Teal-Indy »

image.jpeg

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Follow the directions and submit to Ryan, do not just reply to this post with a picture.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Sent a picture of my father's old Z since there aren't many submissions.

1994 AQUA ZED