Beretta.Net Web Site (MUST READ)

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

How old was the e-mail informing you of the news?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

It came in on the 12th

gar187er

Post by gar187er »

another pm sent....

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

(gar187er @ Mar. 18 2009,00:54)QUOTEanother pm sent....
To whom?

The board hosting has already been passed on.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hey Will... When you taking over Bstuff too?? That board seems to be shitting on itself every other day now... I think the last server it got switched to was a BAD idea.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bszopi

Post by bszopi »

So the hosting has been switched over?  Glad to see the information is being posted in this thread...  

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Well, in Will's defense he has been a busy boy lately.  He is in the process of getting the new Bfest registration page online so that we can open Bfest registration.  Over the weekend or monday, he heard back from Todd that he would be able to start migrating the site files over to his server, which last I talked to him he was in process of getting moved and set up.  What this means is that we "officially" have our new host, and webmaster...  Effective immediately, Will will be put in place as the new Webmaster position on the Bfest committee.  Looking forward, I know that Will is looking to update our MB rather quickly- to the tune of within a few weeks max.  We will also be updating the Bfest sections to show current information for 2009 when the full switch is implemented.  Keep tuned here (and all the other resources) for what will be happening and when, as I'm sure we will be looking for more help- especially with patrolling the MB- that always needs extra hands!  More to come involving updates and the like I'll leave for Will to break news on.  This is what I know, current as of yesterday!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

That was my fault, I was doing this at 4 in the morning and thought that I had made the post here.

I am taking over the site, I am in the process of converting everything over to phpbb as we speak, it has been a bit trickier than I thought it was going to be so bare with me.

I will have some extensive updates to the status of everything this weekend.

as far as bstuff goes, I had offered to host that as well, never got a response from Mike, and then a couple of days later he posted about the server switch... I agree that whatever was done was a bad idea, but apparently he has no interest in my help.

NewNann

Re: Beretta.Net Web Site (MUST READ)

Post by NewNann »

Glad to see everything back up and running here, I need to change my bookmark.

-Ryan          B Net Member #43..
2012 GTI
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

ok so the data for the forum is all migrated, however there were a few issues with some of the passwords and you may need to reset them. The forum will specify if this is the case. I ended up going with smf instead of phpbb bacause it was not bringing over the passwords correctly and was not resetting them at all.

If anyone notices anything not working or now displaying cofrectly please send me a pm directly. I plan to make a few tweaks over the next couple of days and set up the rest of the site. I will also be finishing the registration for bfest tomorrow.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to make them. Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow.

-- Will
Last edited by 3X00-Modified on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

diedemus wrote: ok so the data for the forum is all migrated, however there were a few issues with some of the passwords and you may need to reset them. The forum will specify if this is the case. I ended up going with smf instead of phpbb bacause it was not bringing over the passwords correctly and was not resetting them at all.

If anyone notices anything not working or now displaying cofrectly please send me a pm directly. I plan to make a few tweaks over the next couple of days and set up the rest of the site. I will also be finishing the registration for bfest tomorrow.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to make them. Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow.

-- Will
Glad that you took this over.  Thanks.

About that password situation, just have to re enter in your password and you're set (it was for me) .  What I would suggest is having an Email to contact you at IF someone should not be able to log in at all.  If thy cannot log in, they cannot PM you. ;-)

The layout is....  Different..  :-\ :-[

_________
-------------
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

The layout is temporary, I will cover that in more detail later tonight or tomorrow. I am posting from my phone right now at the other job lol.

*EDIT*
Please ignore the rampant typos in the last couple of posts, I was using my phone to make some minor changes and check performance.... we had a slow night at the bar.

--Will
Last edited by diedemus on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Wow, I like this tons better!

Gives it that Windows Vista or Windows 7 look. LOL

Nice work guys, keep it up!

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Ok, this is going to more or less be the layout for the time being. I am going to focus on the registration site for bfest and getting the rest of bnet back in order. As I have said, use the board like you normally would, if you run into a problem with anything send me a pm, hit me up on one of the messengers or shoot me an email. All of my im info is in my profile and my email address is will at nothingtrend.com.

--Will

2nejunkie

Post by 2nejunkie »

Missing avatars
Missing sigs
Could we possibly have had a more seamless transition?
LOL!