New House pics... Requested

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
3X00-Modified
Administrator

New House pics... Requested

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well here are some more pics of the crib... Slowly getting the garage in check.. I had to go through and throw out a bunch of crap in my roll around, and make a bolt bin from what was in there. I still need to organize more as you can see though.

Back yard

Front of House

Oh and the new addition to the basement...

65"s of goodness! :) It looks small in that photo.... But go to any TV store and look at a 55"... then add 10" to that in your head... Also still working on a stand to put it up right where the plaques are and such, its a 1080P DLP so its about 15" thick at the base vs a thin LCD, so I wont be wall mounting it.

:sparta

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
beretta bitch

Re: New House pics... Requested

Post by beretta bitch »

House looks great, but I'm not seeing a fridge in that garage yet.

You may want to do a temporary stand on the tv and test the height. Mine is @ 40" off the floor and I'm always getting grief over it being too high. Food for thought.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Where the hell is Mr. Potato Head??

I'm making more an it will be an annual Albany thing, but it should be front and center!!

1st annual!! And You got it.

Did I mention? Nice place buddy!! REALLY NICE!

Congrats!!!!

:beer:
Last edited by Asylum on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Nice view of the creek! Very pretty and calming. Be sure to keep everything off the floor when the big rain hits. Do you have a sump pump? I would think you would be ok, unless one of those 100 year floods hit. I'd get a gas powered pump just in case the power goes out. It's not the water, it's what's in it from upstream. Very nice house man!

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Water never gets high enough to even come close to the basement door, and this house is a finished basement. It still has all the original finishing that was done when it was built so I know if it hasn't flooded in 30 years then I doubt its going to flood now. Also having a sump pump in a raised ranch is somewhat counter productive unless you never finish the basement... 90% of raised ranches around here have finished basements so if you build it in an area thats known to flood or you get wet basements then you sort of just kicked yourself in the ass....

Pretty much if you were able to see the grade of the land and the level of the creek in comparison to the house, as well as the source/direction of the flow you would realize that there is no worrying.

Kerry you make a good point about the height... right now its ok, but I was curious if being up on the shelf would be too hight... So far the few that I've told them about say its fine. That would be a min of 41" off the floor too.

I still do not have a fridge yes I know... But right now I dont need one... No insulation and no heat source makes the garage a perfect place to store a beer and it wont get warm! :) Time to think about a wood stove and some way to insulate it without wrecking the beauty of the inside....... I think I have an idea to.

Oh and to be quite honest Mr Potato head is front and center... Sorry the TV just came on sunday and I just plopped it right in front of it.. LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

So when is the party again? Ill bring my 360, should be butter on the big screen lol

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

We haven't had time to just sit and do nothing so we haven't planned any party quite yet... not sure if I want to throw one in winter or just wait till spring time so we can utilize inside and outside...

I'll keep you updated.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

That's a nice place, man. Looks even better now that you're getting settled in. Looks like you're ready for a party! haha

I'm hoping the first-time home buyer rebate program gets extended.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

place looks good Jon.
nice yard and scenery.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

living the dream huh buddy. Liking the TV, mitsubishi DLPs are the only way to go. You look to have the same one as my parents. I will likely never have a LCD or Plasma. I hate em. DLPs are so much crisper and softer at the same time. Higher res but the colors flow together better also. Once you truly get to the point it must be mounted on the wall, it better be a projector.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

wicked-irocz wrote:Once you truly get to the point it must be mounted on the wall, it better be a projector.
I have a projector, but its not a high def one so yeah that wouldn't have worked... LOL :)

TV is now up on a shelving unit at the height of the base of the windows, it looks really nice and will make installation of everything else like the surround sound much easier and cleaner. All the wiring that goes up to the TV is wrapped in 1" wire loom... lol! Makes it look good.

The TV is a 65737 their newer 65" middle of the road model.

I'm just so happy to have a place of my own where any and all money and time spent on the place is not a waste. It's all going to something that's ours. People cringe when I say it, but we were paying 1450 for rent at my old place with a rented garage... We now pay only $90 more and that covers our taxes and everything... and I have a yard that I can go have a camp fire in now. Its so nice.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Nice garage! You lucky SOB!

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Just ordered my HDMI cables and fiber cables... COD Modern Warfare 2 soon to be on my 65" tv! Along with the ability to play my Direct TV DVR programs through my PC from my living room TV on to the 65" :) no need for another DVR!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Place looks great Jon! I'm glad to see that you're utilizing the trash can my company makes... LOL

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

heavywoody wrote:Place looks great Jon! I'm glad to see that you're utilizing the trash can my company makes... LOL
EVERYONE is in this area.... How can I tell if it is exactly your company? My parents have two of them... They've decided that a 90 gallon tub is now necessary for recycles too since they don't want to pay people to have to pick them up and dump them.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"