Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum
90BerettaGTZ

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

it sits where the stock airbox goes.

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Hey the link for the pics dont work anymore...and i'd like to see what this looks like.  Thanks

Matt

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I think my site was down or something before.  They're working now though.

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Quote (FooDaZ @ July 03 2002,10:39)Quote Awww, mantapart's is only $5 more. Tried tested and true. Oh well I was hoping for a more economical price range.

Are you sure that Mantapart have a CAI for GTZ's quad 4?!?
Mantapart doesn't have a CAI for the Quad 4s. They have a free flow intake, definitely not a CAI. Plus the piping they use is aluminum, but then it goes into a rubber intermediate pipe before it hits the TB.

Here's a picture:

Just my .02,
-Steve

neo8633

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by neo8633 »

i told u guys i could get them for like 120 but no one wanted em . It works on mine just fine

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Ok i dont know much about intakes but what makes them cold air? it looks like all you did is put a cone filter on aluminum  tubing attached to the intake.

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Quote (getosled @ July 10 2002,07:54)Ok i dont know much about intakes but what makes them cold air? it looks like all you did is put a cone filter on aluminum  tubing attached to the intake.
All CAIs are free flow intakes, but not all free flow intakes are CAIs, cold air intakes that is. A cold air intake is exactly what it says. An intake that takes in cold air. The stock intake sits in the engine compartment very close to the exhaust manifold and substantial amounts of heat. Relocating the intake to an area where cold air is abundant [i.e. near the bottom of the car and the such] helps significantly in letting the engine breathe. Colder air is better for an engine that hot air, especially when the engine is getting more cold air via a free flow intake. A free flow intake that would not be a cold air intake, would be just a cone filter with the stock intake piping. The intake would still be near the heat in the engine bay.

Hope this helps,
-Steve

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the info i kinda understand now. Once my project is complete ill let you look at my setup for my intake it is going to be something like ram air well custom made by myself it will be intresting i hope.

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Quote (4DoorGTZ @ July 02 2002,11:20)Awww, mantapart's is only $5 more. Tried tested and true. Oh well I was hoping for a more economical price range.
Mantapart's intake is only a free flow intake. It also is only a cone filter, rubber piping, and a little piece of aluminum. Hardly at all worth the asking price.

However, the intake in this thread IS a cold air intake, not to mention the aluminum piping is significantly more complicated and longer than Mantaparts. I believe that this intake is worth much more than Mantaparts, as this one has been constructed with performance rather than just having an intake just for the sake of having one [like Mantaparts].

I for one would love to get one of these intakes. What's the chances of producing these for $150 delivered? I believe that would be a good incentive to people. Most intakes [for other cars that is] out there run in the $150 dollar range.

Just my .02,
-Steve

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Now all they need to do is make one for the 3100 and ill be happy.  I have my own setup right now but could be getting a lot more cold air in.

ETK-kAos

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by ETK-kAos »

GIMME GIMME GIMME    I will have a working engine for my GTZ soon   I want one for it, i just need a job so i can afford the CAI for my GTZ

1991 Plymouth Sundance RS-Turbo
1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

TTT

When is production going to begin? I love it, and definitely want one.

Cheers!
-Steve

z284pwr

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by z284pwr »

This is very interesting to me, I have a 2.8 so I know I can't get one, but where exactly is the cone located?  I can't quite tell from the picture, and one more question, is this Intake guaranteed to not get any water into the TB?  I'm guessing its safe of that because of the substantial rise it takes, but just asking to be sure.

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
Chris88CL

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Chris88CL »

From what I understand FDP has somewhat "shutdown" for the time being.  If this isnt the case then please let me know.

The cone appears to be located just inside the inner fender liner towards the front of the car.  Theres also a splash guard under the car protecting the filter from water (atleast on GTZ's) so water shouldnt be an issue unless your driving through lakes.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

Fdp quad 4 intake-info

Post by Guest »

Ya it is very well protected . I made one out of the existing Q4 hosing , the one from my V6, and a 90 deg. pipe . I am curious though, I had to take out my AC to get the hosing to work. How did you get it to work with the AC there??? I looked and it was impossible .